rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Patgadd
Another citing for Sale
Patgadd (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:31
Mike Haley. Ban is a foregone conclusion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 16:32 by Patgadd.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Another citing for Sale
Fiver (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:33
Pretty hard to contest that one.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:49
It's an example - a extreme, exaggerated example - of "clearing out" at breakdowns. It's not unusual to see players imitate torpedoes as they charge in to ensure their side recycles the ball OR try to stop / delay the other side from recycling. In many cases, I, as an ignorant layman, don't understand the difference between "clearing out" and tackling a player without the ball.

Apart from anything else, there must be a risk of injury - sometimes self inflicted!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:54
That will be a big one

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:57
Thuggery.

Whoís setting the tone at that club do you think?

If you read the full version of the Solomona disciplinary on tíother thread, itís hard to avoid thinking that the business of who said what to whom in the dressing room, and the subsequent (excused) failure on Saleís part to lodge papers on time smack of a little less than savoury behaviour.

Surprised? Not me.

Tim B
Crutch (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:55
If you look at Sale's disciplinary record both this season and over the life of Dimes being in charge (and prior to that) I think you'll find that this is actually quite a rarity compared to many other teams.

We have had a couple of seasons where our yellow card record wasn't great but those were predominantly props when our scrum was struggling or back rows with a maul going backwards.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:21
Quote:
Crutch
If you look at Sale's disciplinary record both this season and over the life of Dimes being in charge (and prior to that) I think you'll find that this is actually quite a rarity compared to many other teams. .

Crutch, I appreciate you are only supporting your team, but these are the facts.

Numbers of RFU disciplinary hearings held this season so far, by teams:-

Bath. 2
Exeter. 0
Glaws. 0
Quins. 3
Tigers. 1
Irish. 2
Falcons 1
Saints. 1
Sale. 4
Sarries. 0
Wasps. 1
Worcs. 0

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:52
Indeed Ted, and even when the players were behaving themselves you could rely on Dimes himself to be up before the beak himself once or twice a season.

As for Haley, I would go so far to say that he has played his last game for Sale.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:52
Typical back trying to a forwards job.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:29
Table edited....our friend Crutch has gone quiet hasnít he?

Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
Crutch
If you look at Sale's disciplinary record both this season and over the life of Dimes being in charge (and prior to that) I think you'll find that this is actually quite a rarity compared to many other teams. .

Crutch, I appreciate you are only supporting your team, but these are the facts.

Numbers of RFU disciplinary hearings held this season so far, by teams:-

Bath. 2
Exeter. 0
Glaws. 0
Quins. 3
Tigers. 1
Irish. 2
Falcons 1
Saints. 1
Sale. 4. **+ 1 pending
Sarries. 0
Wasps. 1
Worcs. 0

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 23:19
That was the one I was screaming at the TV for - can't believe the TMO didn't see it or the Ref took no notice of how Josh Bassett was taken out of the attack.

Didn't want Sale to win that game and feel they shouldn't have done for many reasons at the end (Sm31)

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 06:47
Thatíll be Bassett who had already scored 2 tried, so maybe weíll put a stop to anymore type of incident.

Weíll ignore Dimes stadium ban earlier this season, or was that in the 4 listed?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 07:46
Quote:
FlipFlop
Thatíll be Bassett who had already scored 2 tried, so maybe weíll put a stop to anymore type of incident.
Weíll ignore Dimes stadium ban earlier this season, or was that in the 4 listed?

Yep, couldnít be bothered to start categorising offences, merely wanted to suggest to Crutch that he based his arguments on a few facts.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 08:31
Jeeze that is going to be a long ban, and deservedly!

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 10:11
Sale going for top 4,most likely just top 6 now as Haley and Solomona are 2 of their more influential players and with Tiggers and the Pests in 3rd and 4th place respectively and more experienced in the run-in i think the top 4 will stay as it is.
Although as a neutral if Falcons and/or Sale made the top 4 it would be refreshing to see.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2018 19:34 by w4rriorz1980.

Tim B
Crutch (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 14:07
I stand corrected (sorry don't read other boards so regularly to see your reply before).

The only one I remembered was Byron McGuigan which was for 2 yellows (a deliberate knock on and a tip tackle) for which there was no ban.

Having looked it up the only ban for violent play prior to this one for Hayley was 2 weeks for TJ against Marler. The 2 of them have history (Marler took him out off the ball last year), which I don't condone, but is personal rather than a club problem as you have suggested above.

Remaining 2 are for language (Dimes and Denny) which would merit a separate discussion.

You got me intrigued as to how much I might be one-eyed on this so have had a look at the info for prior years and happy to say I'm not totally deluded! Only 7 citings in the past 6 seasons, one of which was for Dimes again.

Worcs have had 11 over the same period despite one season fewer in the league - 5 of which were last year, but I'm not going to make any accusations as to the nature of your club, perhaps you would care to reconsider your opinion of mine?

Either way, probably time to move on. Good luck getting the last few points you need to be safe this year.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 16:17
Hi Crutch, good to have a reply.....and now youíve done some homework.

I wasnít trying to get into a peeing contest about Sale v Wuss discipline, but clearly your original contention:-
ďIf you look at Sale's disciplinary record both this season and over the life of Dimes being in charge (and prior to that) I think you'll find that this is actually quite a rarity compared to many other teams.Ē
was open to some examination.

Since you mention Dimes, how many other DoRís have been the subject of disciplinary hearings over the same period then?

Unsurprisingly, only Cockers also has 2 (in the same season)
And Mallinder got 1 while at Saints.

So thatís a total of 5 DoR disciplinary hearings over 12 teams x 22 rounds x 6 seasons, 1,584 events. (Ignoring play-offs, my brain hurts)

Thatís an awful lot of games in which a DoR managed to not seriously upset someone. Dimes and Cockers do stand out donít they? Easily explained as ďpassionĒ Iím sure. But thatís a bit of an insult to the other DoRís isnít it....anyone want to try and convince me that, for example, Rob Baxter isnít passionate? And yet he and his team are practically blameless.

Good stuff a bit of research when laid up with a chest infection, probably caught it last Sat from some Northerner or other at Sixways!

cartridgekid
cartridgekid (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 14:25
After watching the game live on TV I made a point of posting my anger of this incident on our page and Wasps, as a fan of rugby rather either Wasps or Sale I was amazed how the ref, touch judge and TMO all managed to miss this, I had my one tv and managed to see it, rewind and watch it again! - if this incident had been acted on the result of the game would most probably have been different, Sale would not have gone on to score at the point they did and Wasps would more than likely won -

So what happens now ? an idiot player with an attitude is going to get a ban but Sale picked up the points, how are Wasps going to get any form of satisfaction from what was another shite display of officiating !!

I've been frustrated all season with the lack of consistency with the reffing ( and i'm not just talking about Worcester games ) J P Doyle and the TMO especially need a bollocking for this !

John Tee
John Tee (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 19:22
And Wasps are going to play a team who are still playing for their position in the league with the likelihood that Cips and JB may be out from their injuries.
So they lose a game they probably wouldn't have and lose two players.
I havent seen the Cips injury again as it looked nasty the first time, but I do think the JB take out was an assault
It seems only Sale fans would argue otherwise.
Injuries happen in an ever harder game but off the ball tackles have to have high sanction and it would be better in this day and age to use the tech available and deal in real time as opposed to a citing.

Chris1850
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 19:34
Sale fan.

The Haley/Bassett incident was very poor. Cannot think what possessed Haley as he is in no way a dirty player. Can only think he was provoked somehow but I stress that even were that the case, there is no excuse for his actions. He deserves to be cited and will likely get a ban that will mean the end of his season. Shame that his distinguished Sale career will end in this way as he is moving to Munster for next season.

Suggest you look at the de Klerk/Cipriani incident again though. de Klerk's forearm contacts Cips chest. There is a horrible clash of heads and it is that which lays Cips out. De Klerk has a cut on his face and is very groggy immediately afterwards. How he did not have to leave the pitch for an HIA is a puzzle as he is clearly in another world straight after. The injury to Cips was very concerning at the time but it was clearly accidental.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 19:34
Should we see a point/s deduction for any team that has a cited player proven of the offence.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 19:54
Quote:
ROLLO
Should we see a point/s deduction for any team that has a cited player proven of the offence.

I'd say no as it's up to the officials to act. If JP had seen it, who knows what the outcome of the game would have been. Warriors have lost to 14 men before and for many more minutes.

If teams were to lose points, it would have been in Haley's interest to tap JP on the shoulder and start confessing.

The only way to stop stupidity is to heavily punish it.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 20:00
Quote:
Chris1850
Sale fan.
Suggest you look at the de Klerk/Cipriani incident again though. de Klerk's forearm contacts Cips chest. There is a horrible clash of heads and it is that which lays Cips out. De Klerk has a cut on his face and is very groggy immediately afterwards. How he did not have to leave the pitch for an HIA is a puzzle as he is clearly in another world straight after. The injury to Cips was very concerning at the time but it was clearly accidental.
There can be no question of the Cips injury being anything but accidental, though Faf should certainly have been sent for an HIA.
The Haley matter was different; of course he'll be banned, but the whole question of clearing out needs looking at. All clearing out is tackling off the ball, isn't it, and too many players are getting very close to the mark. I await with dread the day when some burly prop or lock twice Hayley's weight causes severe injury and gets away with it because he remembers to stick his arm out. Haley's case was a sad one-off for an otherwise clean player, but he will pay the penalty. I'd bet he spoke to Bassett afterwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2018 20:00 by Patgadd.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 23:37
Quote:
Patgadd
I'd bet he spoke to Bassett afterwards.

... as in fact he did, we now know. 2 weeks, given the circs, fair enough.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 06:56
Lenient imo.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:19
I agree with Pat about the day someone gets seriously injured by a 'legal' clearout. Whenever I watch matches I'm amazed how many clearouts are illegal, yet never punished. When Sarries came to Sixways at no point did Kruis use anything other than his shoulder to clear out.

I believe there are laws about what's legal and what isn't, yet they are hardly ever policed. In every game you'll see players leaving their feet, shoulder first, and nothing done about it. At some point a huge hulking forward will connect with a smaller players head and something very bad will happen, or am I just a bit too soft?

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 14:54
2 week ban, which means he will be available for selection for the final home league game before he goes to Ireland. Handy.

I agree, it does seem lenient, given Bassett was kneeling, so defenceless, and had to leave the game injured. May even miss this weekend going through HIA.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net