rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

schneiderlein
Getting to Ricoh
schneiderlein (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 10:55
I found out late that I can go to the Ricoh on Saturday, so I have just bought a ticket online. Unfortunately, there is no room left on the Supporters' Coach, and neither are there any spaces left in the carparks at the Ricoh. Is there anyone going with a space in a car that I could squeeze into, in return for half the fuel costs? Many thanks!

Du skal ikke tro at du er bedre end os!

w4rriorz1980
Re: Getting to Ricoh
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 11:20
I've asked a few times before for other matches with no luck.Wasps have a thread on their forum dedicated to car sharing to matches etc.We should do the same but with the lack of response I get I'm not holding my breath.
Btw I think there is a train station by the Ricoh.
Good luck!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2018 11:21 by w4rriorz1980.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 11:22
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
I've asked a few times before for other matches with no luck.

It's good that you're not taking it personally. (Sm159)

neiljk
neiljk (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 19:32
The station isnít open on match days. There is however loads of parking locally the top mes Iíve been there never had an issue.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 20:16
I believe that there is a bus service to the ground from the main train station in Cov, so that could be an option.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 20:18
Quote:
neiljk
The station isnít open on match days. There is however loads of parking locally the top mes Iíve been there never had an issue.

It is open post match. Just not before.

schneiderlein
11 April, 2018 22:36
Thanks for the advice.

I'll look into the train from Worcs to Cov and the bus shuttle.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 23:45
Quote:
Abmatt
Quote:
neiljk

That's mental.... what's the point in building the station if they are only going to open it after the game?

neiljk
neiljk (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 07:14
Actually I think it now is but one two carriage train per hour. So the service is at best nominal.

Long running debate here between stadium, local authority and train company net result is noone can sort out using the station for its intended purpose

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 07:39
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Quote:
Abmatt
Quote:
neiljk

That's mental.... what's the point in building the station if they are only going to open it after the game?

If only they had built a Rugby stadium in the centre of town. Hang on, there I one, where coventry play 😤

schneiderlein
12 April, 2018 08:31
OK! You can all stop worrying about me, now: I have just bought pre-paid parking on a park-and-walk site, 10 mins from the ground. Paradoxically, perhaps, I am now in a position to offer three places in my car!grinning smiley

The park-and-walk schemes around the Ricoh seem to be very well organised - a circumstance which probably predates the Wasp infestation. winking smiley

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:15
Quote:
Fiver
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

(Sm102)

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:18
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Quote:
Abmatt
Quote:
neiljk

If only they had built a Rugby stadium in the centre of town. Hang on, there I one, where coventry play 😤
smiling bouncing smiley

Raggs
Raggs (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:19
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Quote:
Abmatt
Quote:
neiljk

You might get to visit there next season...

Probably not though grinning smiley.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:20
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
Fiver
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

(Sm102)

Fairs fair. I did use an emoji.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:27
Quote:
Fiver
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
Fiver
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

(Sm102)

Fairs fair. I did use an emoji.
winking smiley

neiljk
neiljk (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 20:45
I watched the Warwickshire Colts final at the Butts Park Arena on Monday. Before anyone romanticises the experience itís a good mile walk from Coventry station, has little on site parking, is way less accessible than the Ricoh and the pitch was an utter cabbage patch...

By all means take your view on Wasps but the experience at Butts Park is a lot worse.

A decent 4G pitch might make a big difference.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 20:48
Quote:
neiljk
I watched the Warwickshire Colts final at the Butts Park Arena on Monday. Before anyone romanticises the experience itís a good mile walk from Coventry station, has little on site parking, is way less accessible than the Ricoh and the pitch was an utter cabbage patch...
By all means take your view on Wasps but the experience at Butts Park is a lot worse.

On the other hand, there's a decent hostelry or two if you get thirsty on your walk and you don't have to put up with that ridiculous buzzing sound over the tannoy for 5 minutes before the kick off.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Marley O'Wriggles
MarleyWasp (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 23:25
The train station at the ground is open all day, however there is just one train an hour. It departs Coventry at 42 minutes past the hour and takes 7 minutes.

The training heading back after the game departs at 28 minutes past each hour.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 08:49
Thanks MW for the update.

Come on, this really is not rocket science guys, Iím not a travel agent but...........

Any train company app. (I use GWR since it doesnít add a booking fee, but there are many) will tell you it takes approx 2 hours to get from Droitwich Spa to Coventry Arena Station for a cost of £12.60 return this Sat.

Canít be much different from Worcester, usually 9 minutes.

Sorry Abmatt and Neil, your info seems outdated. Hourly trains run, both ways, all day.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 14:23
TT, according to the wasp website the station is only open post match.

However when I did the same as you, I could get a train(s) from Lichfield to cov. arena. But itís cheaper and quicker to drive and park. Which is what Iím doing.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 14:55
Quote:
Abmatt
TT, according to the wasp website the station is only open post match.
However when I did the same as you, I could get a train(s) from Lichfield to cov. arena. But itís cheaper and quicker to drive and park. Which is what Iím doing.

Wouldnít be the first club website to fail to update fairly crucial info. would it.?

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 11:34
Quote:
neiljk

It's under three quarters of a mile from the railway station, Which way did you go? Via Broadgate?
There's parking on three sides of the ground, plus a 400+ space multi-storey right next door (same charge), plus the Ramada car park (which gives a discount to Cov visitors/supporters), plus the Skydome/under ring-road parking just a few yards further on, plus lots of free on-street parking, unrestricted, within five minutes walk. Car parking is the club's least-pressing concern.
As for a 'cabbage patch', yes it was pretty cack, but it had been fine until the monsoons that had ensued during the Friday night and Saturday afternoon matches a short while previously, and is now recovering well. More so as it is used by Cov, Cov Bears, Cov United and Cov United Ladies on a regular basis. A 3g pitch would undoubtedly help, and is in the 'Plan' for summer 2019, but the club does not have a sugar-daddy or the borrowing capacity to spring for such things at the snap of fingers.
And as Bertie says, the local pubs are mostly superb, and easily reachable, unlike the poor offering around the gasworks ground (I know, I was dragged up a few yards away, and my mum still lives there).

I'd venture that the BPA 'experience' is far superior, but then, I prefer a convivial rugby club atmosphere rather than a cattle-prodded concrete bowl.
Different strokes...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net