rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Welcome to the Gallagher Premiership
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 06:55
New multi year sponsorship deal announced with Gallagher Insurance.

Doesn’t quite roll off the tongue...

Rich.
Re: Welcome to the Gallagher Premiership
Rich. (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 07:27
Oh I don't know - you've gotta roll with it

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 07:40
Too used to Aviva I suppose.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 08:41
Its a shame the Aviva premiership will slide away but I guess we have to roll with it and hopefully the Gallagher premiership will be known all around the World.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 08:45
Perhaps they would like to sponsor our stadium ? eye rolling smiley

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 08:46
Already sponsor Wasps I believe.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:52
Quote:
Rich.
Oh I don't know - you've gotta roll with it

Good one Rich

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:54
Quote:
usa warrior
Too used to Aviva I suppose.

Upstart newcomers.

Now the Zurich, those were the days.

Southstand(again)
12 April, 2018 10:01
I lost track after Courage bitter (Sm14)

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 10:59
Quote:
Southstand(again)
I lost track after Courage bitter (Sm14)

Too many Courage bitters often had that effect!

Whatever you do, do it safely!

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:00
More games over the pond ?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:17
[quote Brummagem Bertie][quote Southstand(again)]I lost track after Courage bitter (Sm14)[/quote]

Too many Courage bitters often had that effect![/quote

You need a CAMRA tasting course B.B., ONE Courage Bitter is simply a mistake, “too many” requires corrective action.

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:49
Had an excellent pint of Courage Directors at The Chase the other day.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 12:00
Don't forget

Allied Dunbar

JP

Southstand(again)
12 April, 2018 12:01
[quote TeflonTed][quote Brummagem Bertie][quote Southstand(again)]I lost track after Courage bitter (Sm14)[/quote]

You need a CAMRA tasting course B.B., ONE Courage Bitter is simply a mistake, “too many” requires corrective action.[/quote]

Bit harsh ted ? coming from someone who once shared the Principality with SA Brains and co. ?

Possibly the worst beer I have ever tasted (Sm54)

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 12:19
You missed Vale of Neath Ales then!

Southstand(again)
12 April, 2018 12:38
Are we talking the brewery that closed down in the 1970's Ted ?
I had a fairly decent pint in Llanelli a few months back in what seemed to be a small batch brewery called The Vale of Neath. I think they only served two beers but they were decent enough to stop me muttering about butty bach.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 13:11
Hopefully this will provide an 'Oasis' in a desert of premiership rugby investment.

Brummagem Bertie
12 April, 2018 13:28
[quote TeflonTed][quote Brummagem Bertie][quote Southstand(again)]I lost track after Courage bitter (Sm14)[/quote]

You need a CAMRA tasting course B.B., ONE Courage Bitter is simply a mistake, “too many” requires corrective action.[/quote]

I did actually go on a CAMRA Beer Tasting many years ago, prior to joining the Worcestershire Tasting Panel. It was held at the old Wye Valley brewery in Hereford and was very interesting.

I agree about Courage Best Bitter - we always used to say you needed courage to drink it! Director's on the other hand was a nice drop, especially when it was still brewed at Bristol. Not sure what it's like now, as haven't had a pint of it in years.

Brummagem Bertie
12 April, 2018 13:35
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Bit harsh ted ? coming from someone who once shared the Principality with SA Brains and co. ?

Brains make some good beers IMO. Always like a drop of Dark, when I can get it, and the Skull Attack is pretty good, as is the Gold version. The Reverend James is quite tasty too.

Of course, if you were drinking the keg versions at the stadium, that might well be different.

Brummagem Bertie
12 April, 2018 13:38
Quote:
Southstand(again)
I had a fairly decent pint in Llanelli a few months back in what seemed to be a small batch brewery called The Vale of Neath. I think they only served two beers but they were decent enough to stop me muttering about butty bach.

Errr, that's not actually a Welsh beer. It's brewed by Wye Valley and isn't my favourite of theirs by a long way.

Big T 15
Big T 15 (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 14:03
Not exactly the rock n roll star name that we need to boost attendance figures.

But to those who don’t like it - whatever, stop crying your hearts out, the deal isn’t going to live forever, so probably best not to look back in anger.

Brummagem Bertie
12 April, 2018 14:09
Quote:
MSR-Worcester
Hopefully this will provide an 'Oasis' in a desert of premiership rugby investment.

RFU announcement. Interesting that the announcement doesn't mention any numbers. (Sm8)

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 14:13
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
I agree about Courage Best Bitter - we always used to say you needed courage to drink it! Director's on the other hand was a nice drop, especially when it was still brewed at Bristol. Not sure what it's like now, as haven't had a pint of it in years.

When I were nobbut a lad in Liverpool (before the days of keg) we always started our nights out in a pub that served a local brew called Bent's bitter. The reason? After a couple of pints of that, anything tasted good! In London once I complained that the bitter was off. I won't forget the Italian barman's reply: "It's-a-not off, it's-a-Courage!".

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 15:00
Quote:
Big T 15
Not exactly the rock n roll star name that we need to boost attendance figures.
But to those who don’t like it - whatever, stop crying your hearts out, the deal isn’t going to live forever, so probably best not to look back in anger.

I’ll let Sally know, it’ll save her waiting.

Southstand(again)
12 April, 2018 15:12
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
Southstand(again)

Errr, that's not actually a Welsh beer. It's brewed by Wye Valley and isn't my favourite of theirs by a long way.

I know Stoke Lacy quite well Bertie. but Wye valley have decent outlet coverage across Wales and is normally my preferred choice.

MESSAGES->author
Grasshopper (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 15:26
Federation Brewery beers are the worst I've tasted, which I quickly learned to avoid after a few tastings in different pubs/clubs, when I lived on Tyneside. The strength was there, but almost no taste whatsoever - the lager was like drinking water, although it was a reasonable strength.

By the way PatGadd; when I was also Nobut a lad, Bent's wasn't always that bad, especially when mixed with a bottle of Brown ale. You will remember that fashionable cocktail, I'm sure....?
|smileys with beer(Sm63)

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 15:50
Quote:
Grasshopper
By the way PatGadd; when I was also Nobut a lad, Bent's wasn't always that bad, especially when mixed with a bottle of Brown ale. You will remember that fashionable cocktail, I'm sure....?

But with real ale, it's a question of how it's kept, and this particular pub had lousy Bent's (Allerton Road if you know it). As for the cocktail, I was a proud member of the Brown Mixed club (chairman a certain John Lennon).

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 17:33
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
Southstand(again)

Brains make some good beers IMO. Always like a drop of Dark, when I can get it, and the Skull Attack is pretty good, as is the Gold version. The Reverend James is quite tasty too.

Of course, if you were drinking the keg versions at the stadium, that might well be different.

Pint of dark, down the arms park... that's happened a few times!

MESSAGES->author
Grasshopper (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:38
Hi Patgadd

Yes, I know Allerton Road very well, having attended John Lennon’s school (Quarry Bank) and a regular at the Gaumont Allerton kids club on a Saturday morning from an early age. Aaaah, pure nostalgia!

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 19:12
Grasshopper, I'll PM you as others may be bored by tales of pubs such as the Tramcar in Aigburth, the Muck Midden, the Big House and the Hole in the Wall in the city centre, the Rose of Mossley - let's not mention the Magic Clock - and..............(wonders why everyone else has left the room)

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 20:51
‘Cause they’ve gone to the pub.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 22:41
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
Southstand(again)
... but they were decent enough to stop me muttering about butty bach.

Are any of Wye Valley's draught beers 'Real Ale' - AIUI, they are all tank conditioned?

OTOH, their bottle-conditioned beers are excellent.thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 23:52 by Abberley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net