rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
Today
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:36
Been a slow game,Wasps tries,our mistakes.Kicking far too much away.
We've had our chances,pests not playing much better by any means,they're just more clinical.

Those drums need to go!

ROLLO on tour
Re: Today
ROLLO (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:36
Shillcock on for 5 minutes sends an interception pass and Wade gets the bonus point try. Commentators say brainless. This against 14 men.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:38
Shilly needs to go out on loan somewhere. Maybe a championship team for a season the get his game together. We still need an awful lot of work doing to the squad...we seem to knock on more than most teams in the league too

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:39
Its all open still the relegation battle.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:44
Fingers crossed Irish get nothing against Ex. We really donít help ourselves do we. Granted Wasps are quality but you have to question some of our boys mentality.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:51
Strange lot our boys are. Someone should have told them the game started over an hour ago. Fair play for the last 2 tries though,but it counts for nothing

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 16:14
Consistency we either play and can beat anyone or get spanked very frustrating to watch

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:28
More and more I think this is down to coaching. Particularly in attack today we looked so confused and predictable. The ball that Teo got was dreadful and Heem wasn't able to attack once.

Wasps sent runners from deep who were able to hit us with force on most occasions. Stark contrast.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:59
Fear not, we will secure all 5 points against Quins.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:06
Quote:
usa warrior
More and more I think this is down to coaching. Particularly in attack today we looked so confused and predictable. The ball that Teo got was dreadful and Heem wasn't able to attack once.
Wasps sent runners from deep who were able to hit us with force on most occasions. Stark contrast.
Forgot Heem was playing,he was so anonymous.
We fought right to end which is something positive.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:14
First live game for me this season. It will be the last. Iím glad I didnít pay for the tickets.

Kicked too much away, attackers were met be at least two defenders every time. Teío was getting poor ball, far too flat imho. I really fancied us to win this after last week, and for the first 15mins I thought we might. Wasps were attacking from much deeper and shipping the ball down the line a lot quicker which let them exploit gaps/overlap.

And yes, the drums need to go. Itís all you can hear other than chatter. I personally donít like watching rugby in large stadia, find it very soulless and lacking in atmosphere.

Hallowed Warrior
Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:15
Wasps fans not happy with Tempest - makes a change that another team is moaning about the ref - even though they were the far better team anyway.

Our mentality wasnít right in the first half and we only really got going in the second half when the game was already lost.

Too many basic errors and too much room given to Wasps speedsters. The intercept try was poor and cost us any chance of getting a LBP.

Willis a luck boy for his Ďtackleí on Pennell.

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:26
Why do we seem incapable of taking our chances to move forward?. It seems every time we have an opportunity to move up the table or distance ourselves from the relegation battle we just don't turn up? It's so very frustrating, Northampton have now taken themselves out of danger and who would bet against Irish getting something tomorrow.

A point or two today would have made a world of difference but we were woefull until the last 5 minutes, I am at a loss!!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:28
I agree with usawarrior that a new DoR and attack coach need to make a difference next season, our game set up and mental approach does not seem up to it.
Wasps were twice down to 14 men, on average that sho8ud mean 7 points. I also agree with AJW that Shillcock need to get some proper game time at stand off but elsewhere, his pass with Wasps just losing Gopperth for 10 minutes was, as Bradders said, brainless.
Lets hope Exeter are their usual reliable selves and deny LI anything, but we should not be relying on that. Catching Saints now looks a tall order.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 20:19
We won the 2nd half 12-7!
(Sm60)
(Sm159)

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 20:57
Warriors1980,
Does that mean start with Arr and Shillcock again? (Sm100)

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 22:14
Quote:
Abmatt
First live game for me this season. It will be the last. Iím glad I didnít pay for the tickets.

FIRST live game this season Abmatt ?!?! Glad you didn't have to pay .........

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 22:21
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
We won the 2nd half 12-7!
(Sm60)
(Sm159)

And the 7 was an intercept!

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 06:24
Any word on how Jones got on at 10? A few have said Shillcock had a poor game, but nothing on how Jones did starting.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 06:40
Think Shillcock knows his future in the squad and is maybe guilty of trying too much to ensure he stays in Sollyís plans for the future.

As for going to Champ to improve- has there been a Warrior that has done this and actually benefited?

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 08:28
I thought Jones did ok. Nothing to write home about, but a solid performance.

ukms
ukms (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 08:30
Quote:
Abmatt
Kicked too much away, attackers were met be at least two defenders every time. Teío was getting poor ball, far too flat imho. I really fancied us to win this after last week, and for the first 15mins I thought we might. Wasps were attacking from much deeper and shipping the ball down the line a lot quicker which let them exploit gaps/overlap.

And yes, the drums need to go. Itís all you can hear other than chatter. I personally donít like watching rugby in large stadia, find it very soulless and lacking in atmosphere.

I suppose it would help to top up the 16,000 + gate if there were more away supporters ..... surprised at how few Warriors supporters were there considering itís reasonably local .... 16th man makes a lot of difference when a team has something to play for.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 08:44
IMHO there were quite a few there.I saw plenty but as I said to Schneiderlein on the way home,our respective replica tops and especially scarves are so similar it was hard to differentiate between both sets of fans!
I even saw a woman near me with a Warriors top but a Wasps season ticket!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 09:03 by w4rriorz1980.

Humps for 1 Mile
Humps for 1 Mile (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 08:58
(Sm164)

Hallowed Warrior
Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 09:29
One of the most annoying things yesterday was the Wasps replacements warming up in our in goal area when we were trying to defend a 5 metre line out / scrum.

One of their replacements was jogging in between our backs as the ball was being played in!!

The Officials should have spotted this gamesmanship and clamped down on it.

ukms
ukms (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 09:41
Quote:
Hallowed Warrior
One of the most annoying things yesterday was the Wasps replacements warming up in our in goal area when we were trying to defend a 5 metre line out / scrum.
One of their replacements was jogging in between our backs as the ball was being played in!!

Happens at most clubs most games ....... might be worth watching your own players at key times ..... how often do you happen see bench players celebrating tries that happen to be there just at that moment smiling smiley

OverTheBoarder
OverTheBorder (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:06
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Hallowed Warrior

Happens at most clubs most games ....... might be worth watching your own players at key times ..... how often do you happen see bench players celebrating tries that happen to be there just at that moment smiling smiley

Agreed. Wuss players no different to every other team in this respect. Must be annoying for the supporters behind the sticks as the warm up routines must hinder the view at pitch level.

ukms
ukms (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:11
Quote:
OverTheBorder
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Hallowed Warrior

Agreed. Wuss players no different to every other team in this respect. Must be annoying for the supporters behind the sticks as the warm up routines must hinder the view at pitch level.

I think it becomes more noticeable at grounds with the shorter in goal areas .... Bath (the rec) springs to mind ..... wasps is not that deep as Wade only just dotted one of his tries just before the line.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:14
No different that at warriors. Certainly before the new pitch subs used the goal area infront of the south stand.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 18:50
Quote:
Freypal
Any word on how Jones got on at 10? A few have said Shillcock had a poor game, but nothing on how Jones did starting.

Missed his first shot at goal, had a penalty for the corner and kicked it dead, both early on when we could have put some pressure on wasps.

It's an unfair comparison but cipriani was so much better than him and that was the biggest difference between both sides backs imho.

Also thought singleton had his worst game lineout wise which didn't help, I think it's something you have to accept with younger players that consistency tends to improve with age.

I didn't think shilly was too bad after his intercept, he certainly looked good carrying the ball, better than Jones.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 20:23
Ukms, there, i suspect are a fair few like me who don't want to give Wasps a penny. Our away support is generally poor because we have been so bas away from home people simply cant be arsed...

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 20:37
Of course many of the longer toothed Wasps support are away supporters......weíll, away from London anyway :-)

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 20:41
(Sm102)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 20:48
Actually thought we were fairly well represented yesterday. Itís a little hard to tell how many of you are there during the game as the atmosphere was pretty poor generally and we didnít really have much to shout about.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 20:50
The difficulty with gauging how many away fans are at grounds in rugby is of course because everyone most of the time is mixed. Makes it impossible to know how many teams take. Through my experience at Sixways Northampton and Gloucester seem to travel the best whilst pound for pound Sale are probably the loudest.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 20:51
Chiefs come in force and make themselves heard. They must be up there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net