rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Lack of Consistency?
A38 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:39
Here's one of the factors:-

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

The issue has been addressed for next season but the forced changes do account for much of what has happened this season.

I don't believe that we have seen the "first XV" on the field this season at all such has been the incidence of injuries.

NB: I believe that the statistics relate to all games and not just the Premiership. I counted 30 but I never could add up!

MESSAGES->author
Re: Lack of Consistency?
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:48
Part maybe but I think we have lost most games at the breakdown and on the floor. Mentality hasn't been right in some games either. IMHO.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 11:08
Europe has been the biggest disaster IMO and still think we will pip Saints and possibly even Quins to 10th/9th.

In Europe we gave it the biggun pre season saying how we would be going for it. We were then drawn in a pretty favourable group which only cemented our intentions. What ensued was a bizarre selection policy which seemed to suggest we did want to qualify some weeks, and not for others. We then criminally bottled it away at Oyonnax and then couldnt dispatch of Connacht at home having been in a very commanding position.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 11:49
No it doesn't help to have a different 9 and 10 playing every other week but the squad needs to be strong enough where we can cope with injuries in key positions. Along with the 8 the half backs help run the game so getting good partnerships going is vital.

At 10 next year we can with Weir, Lance and Shilly at 9 I question what we do without FH as I am not totally convinced that Arr will be here next season and Baldwin and Dowsett have done little to convince me they can step up. On Heaney I have not seen him play but I am hopeful he can step up when needed.

Warriors in my opinion have always had a capable starting 15 to compete in this league but we have lacked the depth where we could have 5 or 6 players injured and still compete. I am hopeful with the signings we have made that next year we will be able to cope with injuries better, aside from second row, scrum half and tight head I think we have depth in the squad where if the first choice is out we have a good enough replacement.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 11:53
I think that this has been a theme mentioned by many posters over the last few seasons; indeed I would go as far as to say that we have not have a settled 9 & 10 let alone a back up for all the time we have been in the prem.,
Whilst we look much stronger at 10 I still have a concern if Hougaard is not available - Baldwin, Arr, Dowsett and the new chap from Doncaster not in the same class.
Knightstempler is correct that our breakdown work still needs some attention, that is not just down to the loose forwards.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 12:05
The one thing we are consistent at.
Inconsistency.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 20:09
well if ya squad is not big enough with enough decent players thats what happens. did someone switch a light on?

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 16:39
Would be interesting to see the 9/10 combo(s) in each of the games we won.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 07:45
Saints - Lance - Hougaard
Tigers - Lance - Hougaard
Irish - Lance - Hougaard
Chiefs - Shillcock - Hougaard
Glaws - Shillcock - Arr
Falcons - Shilcock - Arr

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 07:58
I'd also like to know how often Mills was at 12 for those games.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 08:25
I don't think it is quite that simple. You could get the same combo for losing games for a start (Sm13)

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 08:31
No breakdown and scrum vital to provide the ball?

We arent so good with Schonert off the pitch or Spencer

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 17:37
It's what comes from a good starting XV, but a poor 2nd XV. I'm not suggesting all of the players in the second XV are poor, but you need all of them to be up to standard otherwise teams will pressurise the weak spot. The top teams are the top teams because their 2nd XV could still beat our 1st XV.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 22:03
Always worth noting the thoughts of Flats here I think. On the highlights show while talking about quins, he was saying depth is usually a question of how good and how well coached your average (median) players are.

Agree with others that we have real depth in some positions, but still look potentially frail in others. Time will tell.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net