rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
CSW
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 18:40
(Sm158)(kind of!)

Anybody who knows NFL know if Christian has been drafted to a team today or is it too early for him as he's probably still learning in that NFL training camp or whatever it's called.

According to his twitter he did the 40yd dash in 5secs.All I could get as not on twitter properly.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2018 18:44 by w4rriorz1980.

Brummagem Bertie
Re: CSW
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 19:26
I don't think he's in the draft. I think the programme he's on takes a different route.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 19:33
Isnít the draft for college players?

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 19:34
Too early for anybody first NFL draft is 8pm Texas time 2am London time

schedule

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2018 19:37 by Southstand(again).

Southstand(again)
26 April, 2018 19:54
"The odds are heavily stacked against you. There are something like 70,000 NCAA college players. About 350 get invited to a combine. Only 256 get drafted by teams and only 1.6 per cent of college players make it to the NFL. When you don't take part in any of those processes, as we haven't, it is probably even harder. But it isn't impossible.

I can only judge myself on how close I get to reaching my full potential. Professional sport is a tale of sacrifice, struggle and peseverance. Lost summers spent away from family and friends and missed memories are all in pursuit of something extraordinary that you only have a finite amount of time to chase.

Everyone at IMG has been fantastic. Aden Durde and Will Bryce, who head up the NFL International Player Pathway, have brought everything together so well."

This Tackle went viral across the US. I think he has probably created some interest and stands an outside chance of being drafted.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 20:29
If he isn't, would he come back I wonder? Could we be keeping that lock slot open?

jgmorgan100
The Mailman (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 22:02
I follow nfl quite closely and I donít think CSW will be drafted. He wonít get close to being drafted either. However he may get signed up as an undrafted free agent because thereís little risk for the team signing him. They could effectively bring him in for a trial with a view to placing him on the team practice squad. I think this might have been the route Lawrence Okoye, who represented Team GB in the 2012 Olympics took.

To be honest though, I doubt heís played enough American football yet. Thereís a lot to learn and pure athletic ability isnít enough in the short term. Perhaps next year might be more realistic for CSW. Itís awfully tough though. Okoye had all the physical attributes in the world but has never really found a permanent position and he hasnít Ďmade ití. He was also from a rugby background having represented London Irish.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 10:24
As I said when he left I hope that we have kept his registration.How galling would it be for him to return and sign for Tigers?

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 16:44
Pick up by the Pittsburgh Steelers for their practice squad

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 16:48
Might have to start following the Steelers to see how Christian progresses.

Long road indeed, but good on him for at least getting to this initial stage in his plans.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 18:47
Quote:
Powick Eastander
Pick up by the Pittsburgh Steelers for their practice squad
[www.telegraph.co.uk]
brill! Thanks for the link Lindsay.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 07:48
I know his previous article, was posted before, but here again
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 09:41
Congratulations to CSW on joining the Steelers, hopefully he can prove himself and join the Patriots in a few seasons time.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 10:55
Not knowing much about this , how does it work now. CSW has joined the "practice" squad, how may are in this, how many get taken forward, etc. Thanks for any help help on this

Southstand(again)
02 May, 2018 12:37
NFL practice squad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 13:44 by Southstand(again).

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 13:45
Quote:
Southstand(again)
NFL practice squad

Decent salary while he is still learning the game

Southstand(again)
02 May, 2018 13:49
Five brits in this years 2018 squad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 13:51 by Southstand(again).

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 15:25
Alex Gray (Atlanta Falcons), is also an ex rugby player. Captain of the U20s in his time at the Falcons, Newcastle type

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net