rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Attendance Levels
Fiver (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 12:43
So much has been made of the low attendances in the last few seasons, but look on the Bookface group and you'll see extra coaches being put on because we've started winning games. I doubt the "matchday experience" had anything to do with it, unless that phrase actually means winning games of rugby.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Attendance Levels
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 16:46
Our total AP attendance this year is the lowest since 13/14 season and the lowest ever compared to the rest of the AP teams (dropping to 11th out of 12).
I know that other teams have their figures artificially boosted by one off matches (Twickenham / US etc) but whichever way you look at things we're not doing well.
As you rightly point out we will bring in bigger crowds if we continue to win games but we need to be doing that at the start of the season, not waiting until half way through the season.

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 17:04
With above in mind - what would be views on playing a home game at a different venue to "spread the Worcester love"?
eg v Saints or Tigers at Villa Park ?

Just a thought.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 17:24
Quote:
Teme Dream
With above in mind - what would be views on playing a home game at a different venue to "spread the Worcester love"?
eg v Saints or Tigers at Villa Park ?

Rather than dismissing the idea out of hand, I'm sure it would be worth looking at the logistics on a one-off basis initially; indeed perhaps it has been, and rejected.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 17:27
If we start winning rugby games the crowds will come, if we start winning games with rugby like Saturday on a regular basis the crowds will flock.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 17:49
It is not the attendance numbers that count but the matchday income. Tickets, meals, drink, raffle/draw.

To play at Villa Park we would be paying a fee and zero income streams apart from tickets.

I would guess it is not financially worth it.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 18:24
Lets fill the 12k + seats weve got now regularly, and then redevelop the north stand using the plans that already exist. All we need is success on the pitch and the numbers will return.

What on earth makes people think that folk would flock to a huge soccer stadium miles away in a grubby Bham inner city hole?

Has anybody proposing this ever been to Witton?

A home game at Villa Park would be a home game without me turning up, and I bet Id not be on my own in not going.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 19:04
I wouldn't go to a game at Witton either, and I only live a couple of miles up the road!

Whatever you do, do it safely!

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 19:18
I wouldnt go either and it simply doesnt make sense. The only teams that actually move their games out of choice are Saracens, Newcastle and Bath. Quins are even massively against playing at Twickenham (to the extent that they insist on being the away team for the double header).

When you then look at the fact that Saracens move their games to another area of north London and Newcastle move their games to a ground in the same City, it is only Bath which is the really odd one and I don't really get why they move one game a year to twickenham. It must realy p1ss off their fans. If we had a 50,000 seater ground in Worcester however (like newcastle) i'd say do it, but not to Brum.

Of course i haven't included franchise rfc in the above, who have moved every home game since 2014 from the south east to Coventry.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 20:08
And have it filled to the rafters with plastic Wasps for every game... oh wait...

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 20:35
it's not just the number of supporters that attend, it's also the average ticket price and amount of money each supporter spends.
I believe Bath have the highest average prices in that they don't discount or give away to sponsors. Also believe Sarries have the highest supporter spend.
Don't know where sit in these ranking or how accurate they are.

But just do the sums, getting each current supporter to spend 5 more on match day is worth 1,000 supporters if we have 8,000 supporters with an average price of ticket price of 40. I know there are costs to beer, coffee, chips & staff to take into consideration, but I also doubt our average ticket price is 40.

If we are winning, more supporters attend, average ticket prices are higher & I believe we spend more money on match days. Drinking beer is always beer when we are winning.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 21:11
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
I wouldn't go to a game at Witton either, and I only live a couple of miles up the road!

Handsworth Wood or Sutton then!!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 22:22
Blydi hell Ted, I'm not that rich!

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 23:13
Quote:
Fiver
So much has been made of the low attendances in the last few seasons, but look on the Bookface group and you'll see extra coaches being put on because we've started winning games. I doubt the "matchday experience" had anything to do with it, unless that phrase actually means winning games of rugby.

Fiver, your observation goes to confirm what we all know, that a winning team playing attractive rugby will fill Sixways on a regular basis.
Teme Dream's observation that we need to start entertaining at the season start is a case of stating the bl00dy obvious methinks !

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 12:51
Don't do it...Sixways is one of my favourite away fixtures !

Mobbs
FG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net