rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Hogg to Scotland
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 14:13
Will coach the national side on a interim basis for the Summer tour.

Good for him!!

[www.scottishrugby.org]

woodywuss
Re: Hogg to Scotland
woodywuss (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 14:18
Good news, pleased for him. The Warriors experiences should stand him in good stead.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 14:21
Goes with my thanks during a challenging time.

Didn't shirk the task passed to him when DR-opped in it by his buddy, but sadly events conspired against him.

Good chance to show his abilities in the Scots set up, and maybe forge a role for himself along with Gregor.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 16:00
Good luck Hoggy!!!! Respect.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 16:15
Decent, honest and hard working man.

Wish him the very best of luck.

Wah-RE-or
Wah-RE-or (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 17:10
+1

Humps for 1 Mile
Humps for 1 Mile (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 19:02
A decent bloke who tried his hardest in difficult times.

Thanks for your efforts and good luck in the future.

Best wishes

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 18:26
Not sure if it reflects well on this forum ? Seven responses to Carl securing a future work opportunity, six hundred and fifty plus views.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 21:48
How come Scotland only ever seem to have interim coaches?

Good luck to Carl, he's very well thought of amongst those in the know, I don't think he ever really stood a chance at Warriors after Dean left.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 21:59
I think that we have to thank Hogg for his hard work especially when DR dropped him and NJ in it. He also had to work at the start of this season under difficult circumstances not of his own making with the ownership issue and GG leaving.
I suspect that he was never top head coach material but I am sure that working with forwards he would have much to offer. I hope that it all goes well for him north of the border.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 22:34
Quote:
woodywuss
Not sure if it reflects well on this forum ? Seven responses to Carl securing a future work opportunity, six hundred and fifty plus views.
Wow! Shows how very few of us post on this forum!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 18:14
I thought Dave Bradley summed it up well re.the coaches,in the programme on Saturday.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 19:16
Which was? Didn't see that.

OverTheBoarder
OverTheBorder (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:28
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
woodywuss
Wow! Shows how very few of us post on this forum!

Understand the point your making WW, however do you think Hogg is a regular visitor to this forum? I would have thought players and staff would intentionally stay clear of whatís written here.

Carl - just in case your there....thanks for your service and best of luck. Always came across as a decent hard working guy when interviewed.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:40
In a game which rewards single mindedness and stubbornness, I think Carl's decision to call for coaching support after DR left is worth a lot of respect. It was exactly what we needed and he did it before it was too late. Best of luck to him, and I hope to see him earn success.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 21:00
Quote:
Underdog
In a game which rewards single mindedness and stubbornness, I think Carl's decision to call for coaching support after DR left is worth a lot of respect. It was exactly what we needed and he did it before it was too late. Best of luck to him, and I hope to see him earn success.

Absolutely - he was binned with a task he did not ask for, but did not shirk it.

He gave it his best shot and was man enough to admit it when he felt he was not achieving what could be achieved

Honourable qualities - and a man who is very good at what he does - that he didnít quite fit as the effective DoR is not a slight upon either his character or ability. Just not the right fit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net