rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Patgadd
Remember Sam Smith?
Patgadd (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 09:53
Then you might like to read this. I know there are some on this forum (including our moderator, blessings be upon her) who can vouch for his breakfasts, as can I.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Remember Sam Smith?
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 09:56
Is it worth mentioning who had the VERY FIRST 2 breakfasts?

Probably not.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 10:07
Popped into the new one in Brum last week. Coffee was very good but not so impressed with the cake offering. Will go back for coffee and to try the brunch but not sure it will become my favourite, go-to place.

We are very blessed with independent coffee shops in Brum so there's a lot of tough competition here.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 10:10
Quote:
TeflonTed
Is it worth mentioning who had the VERY FIRST 2 breakfasts?
Probably not.

Modesty forbids, Ted.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 11:34
I saw him walking around a viaduct that is currently undergoing renovation on Farrier St, so wonder if he is soon to open up a third cafe.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 11:40
Seems a bit close to the first?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 11:57
Might relocate from the first site?

I like the Worcester one, but the part of town it's in, is off patch unless you have a reason to pass that way, which is a shame, but town centre rents ain't so cheap i guess.

He's done okay for himself and nice to see he is still in an around Worcester. Could have easily fallen into the trap of becoming Cheltenham centric after his stint at Warriors.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 12:13
Quote:
FlipFlop

I like the Worcester one, but the part of town it's in, is off patch unless you have a reason to pass that way, which is a shame, but town centre rents ain't so cheap i guess.

Would have thought the current location in Foregate Street is a good one with plenty of footfall from the train station.

WorcesterSauce
01 May, 2018 12:31
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Seems a bit close to the first?

Agree, so could be nothing and just a coincidence. I think the location of the current one is ok... as latecomer says he won't struggle for footfall ans probably gets cheaper rent that if he was in the pedestrianised part of town.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 13:29

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 13:46
Interesting - the arches a pretty affordable way to get accommodation and what with the burger shop I can see that developing into a cool little leisure destination, if you get a bar maybe as well and so on - near the campus etc

Brummagem Bertie
01 May, 2018 16:25
If that application was due to be heard in December and he's recently been seen at the arch, does that mean he got planning permission?

WorcesterSauce
01 May, 2018 16:44
Possibly, couldve been doing other works or just checking up on the site.

Brummagem Bertie
01 May, 2018 19:10
Just done a quick search of the Worcester City Council planning site and discovered that planning permission was granted on 13 December 2017.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 20:49
Now, I love a good coffee, but how many is too many when it comes to Worcester coffee shops? I'll only go if they do baked eggs.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 21:18
Good coffee shops are rare in Worcester. Only been to Waylands the once. Liked it, the walking wounded of Warriors in the yard out the back. Whatís not to like? I just donít have the need to head that way for anything else, so donít get there as much as I could.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 07:18
Blimey FF, you are fussy about your coffee shops. I'd suggest there are more per square yard in Worcester than just about anywhere else. There's only one Starbucks to take out of the equation (is it just me or does it look like an airport transit lounge?).

Ever tried Francini's (coffee from his family's farm in Columbia), Coffee Warehouse do a great brew, Paradiddles is nice, I could go on and on and on.............

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 07:57
I said good ones Fiver. Having loads doesn't equal the same as good, as you know.

The chains are not so good IMO, although you appear to have a track on the independents which may be worth a look. I like Waylands, just not a part of town i tend to walk through.

I presume you mean the Starbucks in Forgate Street, and not the one in Cathedral Plaza?

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 09:04
Oh god, there's two of them is there. I'm not a fan of Starbucks I'm afraid.

There are loads of good independents. Other than those already mentioned, Papas in New Street is nice (great chocolate orange sticky cake), Bolero in St Nicholas Street, Coffee Dough in Crowngate and Elgars in Reindeer Court. I've forgotten the others, but there are more.

I know we have more Costa Coffees than anywhere else in the universe, not to mention the Neros. There's also Coffee#1 in Pump Street and Patisserie Valerie in Broad Street.

Like I said, I like my coffee.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 11:56
I have gone all local when it comes to eating out to be honest. Wayland's has great coffee and the added factor that they source their ingredients locally.. Love the menu.. Just have trouble making a choice!!

Cheap it ain't but I have breakfast out once or twice a month so happy to pay more for the quality etc.

Oh and running to the Warrior once in a while!

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 15:41
Prime stalking spot PE(Sm100)

vigorniensis
vigorniensis (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 19:57
Yes, I remember Sam Smith. His pretty awful beer wasn't a patch on the other brewers in Tadcaster.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:07
Quote:
vigorniensis
Yes, I remember Sam Smith. His pretty awful beer wasn't a patch on the other brewers in Tadcaster.

I quite liked it, and at least it's still proper beer, unlike the muck provided in the next street under the name of his uncle John,which went down the fizzy route before selling out to Courage (now owned by Heineken). Doubtless Teflon Ted will don his false beard and give us CAMRA's take on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 20:07 by Patgadd.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 21:53
As a man whose entire intake of alcoholic beverage today amounts to 2 pints of Cobra I donít feel qualified to comment.

There is only one excuse in the world for drinking Cobra, and the Chicken Pathia (extra chopped green chillie) with a Tarka Dhall and decent buttery Paratha made the Cobra acceptable.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 09:01
Ooh, i do like a Tarka Dhall. i find it a little otter than most dhall dishes(Sm13)

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 09:09
(Sm6)

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 12:00
Sounds good, Ted.
What establshment and is it any good? (Always on the lookout for recommendations in Worcester).

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 15:43
Quote:
Offa
Sounds good, Ted.
What establshment and is it any good? (Always on the lookout for recommendations in Worcester).

Sadly I was more than 50 miles away, but if you fancy a trip out the Delhi Divan in Alrewas is a perfectly reliable establishment!

vigorniensis
vigorniensis (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 17:31
Quote:
Patgadd
I quite liked it, and at least it's stil

I was rather thinking of the other beer brewed in Tadcaster actually.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 18:48
Bu99er.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net