rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Jackson and Olding
usa warrior (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 22:07
Jackson confirmed to Sale, Olding likely.

Diamond has no shame does he.

FlipFlop
Re: Jackson and Olding
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 22:13
They were cleared, but I get your point especially if Falau pitches up too.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 22:15
I just really dislike Diamond. He’s a complete ***.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 22:21
You’re not alone in your dislike. Trouble is, he gets results, and that allows some overlook of his ‘choices’.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 08:35
Pots and kettles I'm afraid, or have we all forgotten why Fa'osiliva left Bath? I'm not suggesting each crime has parity, but he was found guilty whereas the Ulster pair were not.

Second chances is what this life is all about once people have served their punishment. It's my understanding that Fa'osiliva in quite a popular player amongst our fans.

LiveInHope
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 08:45
Whether we like him or not.
He does manage to turn around potential or real “problem” players and they repay him with great performances.
To me that means he is great DOR.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 08:53
IMHOit would have been better if both had gone abroad to rehabilitate themselves. Everyone deserves a second chance.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 09:35
Quote:
ROLLO
IMHOit would have been better if both had gone abroad to rehabilitate themselves. Everyone deserves a second chance.

On the basis they are Irish and they have moved to England they have gone abroad.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 09:43
Ulster is part of the UK, there has been quite a debate and much blood spilt about this for some years.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 10:12
Why do they need to go abroad? Like I said previously, the legal system found them not guilty. Fa'osiliva punched a completely innocent stranger to the ground and only had to move 75 miles. We've all forgiven that indiscretion and moved on.

I agree with LiveInHope that Dimes does a great job at what his job actually is. Same goes for Cockers. I admit to not liking either of them at times, but I have to respect what they've achieved.

I also agree with ROLLO that Ulster is indeed part of the UK, although I believe not part of Great Britain, although that is perhaps a debate best left well alone. (A bit like Wales not being a country, but a principality). Possibly enters the area of "who cares".

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 12:09
Two good signings for Sale.

Whatever they have done in the past is just that - in the past.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 12:39
I am afraid I am not as sanguine as Simba on some issues.

Wouldn't have touched em with a barge pole personally. Just my tuppenceworth

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 13:25
Nor I. A pair of arrogant numpties.

There are good players out there without their outlook on women.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 13:26 by Faithful_City.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 13:39
Have to say, I share TVM/FC's view. While I recognise they were not guilty, their attitude towards women stinks & could lead to culture issues at a club. Wonder what Sale's female supporters will make of it?

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 13:41
Quote:
ROLLO
Ulster is part of the UK, there has been quite a debate and much blood spilt about this for some years.

Thanks Rollo I really should have checked with Irish province they played for. (Sm149)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 14:23
Quote:
Drahm for England
Have to say, I share TVM/FC's view. While I recognise they were not guilty, their attitude towards women stinks & could lead to culture issues at a club. Wonder what Sale's female supporters will make of it?

Views have been exceptionally polarised, as you'd imagine.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 14:53
This one is going to run and run.

Exceeding polarised is a good description.

Let's all be careful out there please. We all have our perspective. Let's make sure we keep comments general.

Thanks

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 15:21
We all know people who have got into trouble with the Law. Some may have got off some maybe not.

given we have the rehabilitation of offenders Act which allows people who have been found guilty to contribute to society having served their sentences shouldn't we extend that same opportunity to those found "Not guilty"

Should being in the public eye mean people should be treated differently ?

Here's a question - what have all these Sportsmen got in common ?

Joey Barton
Tony Adams
Lee Hughes
Gary Croft
Marlon King
Luke McCormack
Jan Molby
Jermain Pennant
Mick Quinn
Duncan Ferguson

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 15:27
I would guess the demon alcohol and being behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 15:33
Gambling’s?

Southstand(again)
02 May, 2018 15:41
Assault x2
ABH
Drink Drive
Death by dangerous driving
Driving whilst Disqualified
Perverting course of Justice
Sexual Assault

Amongst the offences committed but they all returned to playing after their jail sentences (One even played wearing a tag !)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 15:45 by Southstand(again).

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 16:16
I like Diamond. He’s a character and we all need these in our walks of life. He’s abrasive, cutting and no-nonsense - qualities I admire in this world of political correctness.

I particularly enjoy watching his post-match interviews especially when Sale have lost. He looks as though he will rip the microphone off the interviewer and beat them with it if they critique him or his team.

I am not condoning any form of violence before that charge is levelled at me.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 16:38
Co-incidently all footballers.

Wouldn't have expected that on a Rugby forum(Sm100)

Southstand(again)
02 May, 2018 17:06

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 17:17
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Assault x2
ABH
Drink Drive
Death by dangerous driving
Driving whilst Disqualified
Perverting course of Justice
Sexual Assault

Amongst the offences committed but they all returned to playing after their jail sentences (One even played wearing a tag !)

They did.

However, with regards to the last offence in particular - as a general opinion and apropos to no specific incident - in many cases the victim suffers a longer sentence than the offender - and I personally struggle with the whole 'well that's the debt to society paid' thing. It's not simply a case of doing time - there needs to be something more profound that is changed.

Morality and law are not synonymous.

Once again, this is just my personal stand point.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 17:46
And it's off, probably.

Officially denied by Sale.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 17:54
Quote:
usa warrior

Fissler gets it wrong again..

neiljk
neiljk (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 18:06
For those in favour of minimising the behaviour of Olding and Jackson I suggest you read the in depth coverage in the local media in Ireland. It's a matter of fact that they were both found not guilty, but imho their conduct and behaviour fell very significantly short of what’s acceptable. I bring my daughters and sons to the rugby and personally would want neither player part of any Worcester team.

Chris1850
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 18:26
Quote:
usa warrior
And it's off, probably.

So will you now apologise for the two statements made in your opening post:

"Jackson confirmed to Sale, Olding likely.

Diamond has no shame does he."

Jackson never was "confirmed" to Sale - merely speculation by Fissler repeated in the Telegraph

Diamond has nothing to be ashamed of in regards this matter presumably?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 19:15
Ha! I'll think about it.

My opinion of Diamond does not change if that's what you're after. Can respect him as a, moderately, successful DOR, but some of the rubbish he spouts is embarrassing.

And after the denials of de Klerk and O'Connor I suspect this more or less confirms their signing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 19:17 by usa warrior.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 19:20
There was also the signing of Yarde that Geezer claimed on live TV to know nothing about the day before it was all announced.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Chris1850
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 19:40
Quote:
usa warrior
Ha! I'll think about it.
My opinion of Diamond does not change if that's what you're after. Can respect him as a, moderately, successful DOR, but some of the rubbish he spouts is embarrassing.

And after the denials of de Klerk and O'Connor I suspect this more or less confirms their signing?

Haha! Fair enough!

As a Sale fan I fully accept that Dimes is a marmite character who polarises opinions. Like Cockers and one or two others in the game though, he provokes 'discussion' and whether we love them or loathe them, that is more entertaining than some other more staid and anodine characters.

From our pov Dimes has consistently done a good job over 6 years or so as DOR , with very little cash, keeping the lowest supported club in the prem, often punching above our weight and playing entertaining rugby to boot. Now that he has allegedly got substantial investment behind him it is good to be able to speculate about where we may be heading.

Pleased you stayed up and hope you (and we) can join Falcons and start to challenge some of the 'big' clubs going forward. Good luck!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:08
To be fair I’d probably love him if he was our DOR. I’m like that...

Beat Tigers on Saturday and I’ll profess my love for Diamond. Love to see them lose more. 😉

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:11
let’s not forget this seasons stadium ban in this either. He is decisive and is one of those that if he’s on your side is good, but if you’re against him is a pain in the ‘arris.

He’s not going to change as it gets results from players and the team as a whole. If it yielded poor performance season after season, he’d not survive.

More of the same no doubt in the future.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:59
Quote:
Southstand(again)
We all know people who have got into trouble with the Law. Some may have got off some maybe not.
given we have the rehabilitation of offenders Act which allows people who have been found guilty to contribute to society having served their sentences shouldn't we extend that same opportunity to those found "Not guilty"

Should being in the public eye mean people should be treated differently ?

Here's a question - what have all these Sportsmen got in common ?

Joey Barton
Tony Adams
Lee Hughes
Gary Croft
Marlon King
Luke McCormack
Jan Molby
Jermain Pennant
Mick Quinn
Duncan Ferguson
Luke McCormick's offence was particularly bad as two children died.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 21:23 by w4rriorz1980.

MESSAGES->author
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 21:20
When the news first started getting around that Jackson & Olding might go to Premiership clubs, I immediately thought that Dimes is probably the only DoR who could integrate them into a squad without causing massive problems. Love him or hate him, he can sort out troubled players who have publicity for the wrong reasons.

Having seen the thread about this on the Sale board however, how embattled it has become, with Sale supporter aggressively attacking Sale supporter, and the polarisation of opinions that has ensued, I would agree with those who say these two are simply too poisonous to allow near any club at present. If it does that sort of damage to supporters, what effect is it likely to have in the changing room? How long before sponsors want out, refusing to have their brand associated with disharmony & disagreement?

You can argue until the cows come home that it shouldn't happen like that, but it has happened like that, and you can't just sweep that aside as irrelevant or pretend that it isn't happening. If there is a country where they can play rugby without people reacting in this way then that is where they need to go, then they will be able to come back when they have earned their nice guy badges. If they can't do that, then rightly or wrongly that looks like careers over.

Sports clubs are fundamentally about supporters, if doing something divides the supporters & turns them against each other, that sends out signals that perhaps you shouldn't be doing that thing.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 16:47
Sponsors knocked the Sale deal on the head....

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net