rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Jones back to Dragons
A38 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 18:21
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

More or less as expected.

Humps for 1 Mile
Re: Jones back to Dragons
Humps for 1 Mile (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 19:36
Shame - he seemed keen to join us and looked good.

Accept that we have 2 new 10's arriving and he would again probably be struggling for game time.

Thanks for his efforts.

SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:17
I would have liked him to stay.
His kicking out of hand was very good, and some of his passes to the line were superb.
Two of his well timed passes, one to Teo, and one to Heem, led to two of our tries.
Thanks for his efforts, and good luck back at dragons.
Maybe we will see him in Blue and Gold in a years time?

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:44
Not easy to work out this one - stated - '“What I think he was saying (to you) was that he had an option to be released.

“But as far as Warriors are concerned he is a player who is on loan. That’s the end of it.”

Interpretation by me would be - Dorian decided to stay with present terms as 'having an employer / paycheck' and Solomons decided Warriors had sufficient players at 10 for next season.

Fairly close call and feel for Dorian as I think he did a really good job over the recent weeks

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 22:04
Amazing really, can't find a 10 for years and 3 come along at once!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 08:15
I'm sad to see Jones going, but not at all surprised given who we've signed.

The thing I liked about Dorian was that I hardly noticed him, which for me is a good thing for a 10. If I had have noticed him, it would have been for the wrong reasons. He seemed to make good decisions and the back line seemed to flow well.

I'd like to wish him good luck back at Dragons and hope he gets his chances.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 09:43
We have only signed Duncan Weir on a years contract haven't we ?

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 10:10
Yes, but we have Jono Lance and let's not forget the still burgeoning Jamie Shillcock.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 10:47
Quote:
Southstand(again)
We have only signed Duncan Weir on a years contract haven't we ?

And Jones only has a year left on his Dragons contract.Coincidence?

Roll up! Roll up! Get your conspiracy theories here!

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 10:52
From what I've seen of both Lance and Jones, Lance is the better player in a Worc team. Lance was brilliant vs Tigers. I think Lance will be starting 10 at the beginning of the season at least. That would leave Jones battling with Wier for the bench and on his day Wier is an Int 10.

Probably doesn't make financial sense atm. Especially as the club can probably negotiate a new contract with Heathcote that would be more availability/injury driven.

Having said all this Jones has been just what we need and we owe him a great deal. Was great to see Shilly come on with no pressure and just play too!

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 12:19
Makes sense so none of the 10s get too unhappy if they're not playing, and we can potentially call upon him via loan if injuries do strike. Wouldn't be surprised if we signed him permanently after his contract is up as well.

lokicrichtonfan
lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 17:57
What’s Lance’s kicking % does anyone know?

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 23:04
Supposedly he was recovering from an injury when with us, hence why his kicking wasn't great and his style looked pretty unwieldy.

Lance was brilliant for us, and I can't wait to see a midfield of Hougaard, Lance, Mills, Teo. Given a run of games together, that's top 4 quality. Mind you, Arr, Weir, Beck, Venter isn't bad either.

Shame to see Jones head back, but it's good to know he's a player that fitted in well and seemed to enjoy himself. As others have said, we may see him back here. The other positive is that between him and Adams, we are starting to look like an attractive proposition for Welsh players stuck on the bench for the regions. We're not too far away and can offer a different league.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net