rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Malvern Man
Car Park Passes 2018/19
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 10:46
I've just received the application form for season ticket holders. There is a price hike of course, which I suppose I will grin and bear.

Much worse, they want to know the car make and registration plate. This is not acceptable for a number of reasons. There are two season ticket holders in our household, each with a car, and we vary which one we use for games. When we have to miss a game, we give the tickets and the car park pass to family and friends, who come in their own vehicle.

I think the car park pass should be transferrable as the tickets are, and I will be taking this up with the club.

usa warrior
Re: Car Park Passes 2018/19
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 10:59
First world problems...

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:19
Quote:
usa warrior
First world problems...
(Sm161) Maybe but it's conducive for MM!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:22
OK, OK, but the real issue is when you give your tickets to others when you can't make the game.

Nsm1991
Nsm1991 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:40
Couldn't agree more.
We share the considerable mileage and particularly car wear and tear between two family cars. In fact it's a vital bit of family budgeting.

This is a big and unwelcoming error of judgement by the club.
Hope there is a change of mind.
Who do we contact at the club?????

Nsm1991
Nsm1991 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:46
A further thought: if the "registered" car has to be off the road for repairs or something, does that mean the club is willing to take your money and give you nothing in return.....at a time when you're probably in a big fix anyway?????

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:48
Perhaps they're going to install a camera operated barrier. Would be a good idea if you could update your online account before the game to say which car you're using, a bit like parking with RingGo.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:52
The ever efficient Justine has replied to me already:

"This season we have had a few instances where cars have been parking awkwardly, across access points and in one instance a car was damaged in the car parks. We just want to be able to contact the owner of a car if an incident happens."

I replied "So the number of the car won’t be on the pass, and if we give it to whoever is using our tickets they’ll still get into the car park?"

Justine replied: "That’s correct. It’s only for our records in case of ‘emergency’. If you do know the reg number of a given car at a specific match that would be good to know, but if not that’s okay too."

I now understand, but they could have put this in the letter.

Nsm1991
Nsm1991 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 13:03
Well done MalvernMan and especially the ever helpful Justine. Ta a lot!!

But, the letter is certainly well open to misinterpretation...sorry to say!!

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:14
There have of course been the odd incident of cars left with the engines still running / lights on etc.

If the club knew where the driver was sitting he / she could be contacted without the embarrassment of a public announcement.

Oh hang on. Such announcements can be quite entertaining - (as long as it's not you caught red faced! )

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:14
Quote:
Malvern Man
OK, OK, but the real issue is when you give your tickets to others when you can't make the game.
The sarcasm is for USA's post,not yours.I agreed with yours!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:49
Of course sarcasm, but, as discovered, the club were always going to have a solution for this.

Hedley Burton
Noisy Westie (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 15:18
I likewise share cars between 3 friends - so they ended up with 3 registration numbers and makes of car!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net