rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Official List of departing players
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 11:02
[warriors.co.uk]

Departing Players (Destination in brackets)
Biyi Alo (Soyaux Angouleme)
David Denton (Leicester Tigers)
Michael Dowsett (Japan Top League)
Andrew Durutalo (Ealing Trailfinders)
Grayson Hart
Kurt Haupt
Tom Heathcote
Ben Howard
Dorian Jones (Returning to Dragons after loan spell complete)
Donncha O’Callaghan (Retired)
Sam Olver (Ealing Trailfinders)
Will Spencer (Leicester Tigers)
Max Stelling
Huw Taylor (Dragons)
Jackson Willison (Bath Rugby)

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Blue&GoldWarrior
Re: Official List of departing players
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 11:19
Interested to see if Jones is on standby if we get an injury at 10 then. Feel sorry for Heathcote but I suppose its quite a gamble from the clubs point of view and I doubt he wants to be 3/4 choice

Old Col
Old Col (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 12:01
Sorry to see Heathcote go--such a talented player but I hope he places his health first now.In my opinion the biggest loss is Jackson Willison . I am interested in those that remain--I expect the coaches to work on Kerrod and Pierce to get the best out of them now they are settled into the squad . I hope Baldwin , Annett and Kirwan (potentially one of the hardest players we have )can get full seasons . It was great to see Marco Mama back in tremendous form and there will be great strength in the back row even without Denton -Cox,Potgeiter,Lewis and VV playing so well . As for a prediction about relegation before the season has even completely finished---UTTER RUBBISH .It is going to be exciting .

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:26
I would've like to have kept Haupt.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:35
Good luck to all those off to new clubs. I hope they all are succesful accept when playing against the Warriors

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 14:42
Like other's I'm sorry to see Heathcote and/or Jones go. Think both would have been worthy backups, but backups no less.

Interestingly reading between the lines we are retaining Potgieter, Kirwan, Matti Williams and Tom Howe. All great players on their day but none of which have had much gametime this year.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 19:57
I thought that I had read that Williams was off, as five hookers plus Cutting in the academy would seem a tad heavy.
Sorry for Heathcote, he was ill served by Barnes when his first concussion occurred I hope he makes what is the best decision for him. From what Solly said we would seem to have a agreement with Jones in some form or other.
If we take it that Denton and Spencer could not be persuaded, of the group leaving the only one I can see who may cause us regret is Huw Taylor, however our back row is pretty well covered so perhaps it was inevitable.
Thanks and good luck to all. Just waiting for the details of the two " project " players.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 20:29
" From what Solly said we would seem to have a agreement with Jones in some form or other. "

I had a similar thought Rollo, but what makes you think that? Maybe I missed an AS quote.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 21:44
I thought Williams was off as well.
Sure heard he was off to Yorkshire, but getting old.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 22:44
Quote:
usa warrior
" From what Solly said we would seem to have a agreement with Jones in some form or other. "
I had a similar thought Rollo, but what makes you think that? Maybe I missed an AS quote.

I don't think Solly mentioned Jones specifically, but he did say that he had negotiated a standby arrangement. I think people have taken the positive comments about Jones by the club and about the club by Jones and assumed that the agreement is with the Dragons.

Given that Dorian seems out of favour at Dragons and only has a year left on his contract it's not difficult to see why.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 22:59
I’ve made that leap myself as well, but wondered if we’d had something more concrete.

Others suggesting Dorian could be heading to us after that year, I’d still argue that Weir is a better player although clearly not been tested in the Prem. Unless we’re relegated I don’t see that happening either.

Sometimes it’s better to part company than come back and for it not to go so well.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 09:50
BB you beat me to it with your explanation which is what I as going to say. It may also depend upon how Shilly develops, but I think that Dorian has potential.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net