rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

AJWarriors
Dominic Ryan
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:31
Is said to be on his way here by RugbyInsideLine who’s track record for rumours has been on point recently. Only thing is they’ve stated him as a lock,but he plays either openside or blindside. Very good player though

Brummagem Bertie
Re: Dominic Ryan
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:08
Wiki entry .

Ties in with the rumour of us signing a Tigger.

Assuming the club has received medical assurance that he's fully recovered from his concussion injury, if he's coming.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Bevere Warrior
Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:00
Another account has mentioned Geoff Parling as a target. Would be good but not convinced by the source, might be an attempt to generate followers.
Ryan seems a more plausible story

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:23
He is 2ins and 14lbs too small to compete in the premiership as a lock.

JP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2018 14:58 by Faithful_City.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:29
Don't think we really need Ryan. Parling, if he's fit, would be decent on a short term deal. Good replacement for DOC

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 15:10
Maybe he is coming due to Warrior's view on managing concussion and our cryotherapy unit, which can probably reduce brain swelling pretty quickly. He certainly wasn't at Leicester very long.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 21:45
Parling rumour on ruck.co.uk.Would come after the Super Rugby has finished.Like Fatialofa.
So he won't be a stop gap til Fatialofa comes,he'll be a more permanent replacement for DOC as mentioned already by AKE1985.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 22:39
Parling will come much earlier as he doesn't have to play in the ITM/Mitre 10 cup.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 08:13
Parling has signed a contract to play another season in Japan hasn't he ?
Have I missed something ?

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 09:10
Definitely missed something. He’s playing in Oz for the Rebels

Southstand(again)
17 May, 2018 09:42
I thought it was Geoff that missed something playing in Oz for the Rebels ? (Sm14)

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 10:16
A giraffe trying to kick a pebble smiling smiley

Southstand(again)
17 May, 2018 10:52
I saw the link to us on twitter - RugbyGold I think, It's just I thought he had done a "deal with Munakata Sanix blues when he left chiefs for two years with a season with Rebels sandwiched in between.

Brummagem Bertie
17 May, 2018 13:06
Quote:
Southstand(again)
I saw the link to us on twitter - RugbyGold I think, It's just I thought he had done a "deal with Munakata Sanix blues when he left chiefs for two years with a season with Rebels sandwiched in between.

According to this report, he left Chiefs for a short-term contact with a Japanese team before going to Super Rugby.

Southstand(again)
18 May, 2018 13:23
More recent rumours - Dominic Ryan will be bringing winger Jonah Holmes with him from tigers.

Southstand(again)
18 May, 2018 13:27
this Jonah Holmes

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 13:53
Very Adams-esque.

That last one is a lovely advert for the fullback in the team of the year and that superb defender Wade...

MESSAGES->author
18 May, 2018 13:59
Why on earth do we want a lightweight lock xand yet another winger?

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 14:00
He's a flanker, but your point is still valid!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2018 14:00 by usa warrior.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 14:01
And here was I thinking that apart from two "project players" (yet to understand what that means) recruitment was buttoned up.

Maybe we could squeeze another back row in but do we really need another winger? Back rows are certainly in attritional positions and we certainly need a few "spare" but I wouldn't have thought that that applied to wings so much.

It could be that certain players come onto the market late, I suppose, and are opportunistic "buys".

MESSAGES->author
18 May, 2018 14:04
He did score 10 ies for Tigers last season

incastrowetrust
Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 14:16
Sticking my head out on this but Holmes isn't leaving Tigers.

Southstand(again)
18 May, 2018 16:39
Rugbyinsideline now talking loan deal

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 18:06
That's what I'd heard originally, but would he seriously play more at WW than Tigers?

Unless someone's off...

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 18:15
Are we looking at signing someone's third choice scrum half as well?

There would need to be a couple of players leaving who've announced already that they're staying. I think I'll believe it when I see it.

Brummagem Bertie
19 May, 2018 11:25
I could understand another back row: Dewald and Carl are coming off complete seasons out with injury and still have to prove they can return to the game.

As others have said, it is a very attritional position.

A wing, especially on loan, doesn't seem to make much sense; not least for Tigers, who have just lost Malouf, especially with May a seeming permanent fixture in the England team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2018 10:44 by Brummagem Bertie.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 15:06
You'd think a loan deal would mean someone is seriously injured, but why wouldn't we have heard about it if so?

Our back row has CdP, GJ, Mama, Potgieter, Lewis, Cox, Mama, Kirwan Faosiliva and then the academy lads in Hill, Dodd and Zac X. Thats four players per back row position. More quality is always welcome, but I'm not sure we need to spend the money there.

If he plays lock as a priority, then that might be a different story but we still have a fair few players there too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net