rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
4 Warriors in the Training Squad For Baa Baas
Fiver (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 18:17
Including a young Mr Lawrence.

Well I Never

Underdog
Re: 4 Warriors in the Training Squad For Baa Baas
Underdog (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 18:34
Cips named as a full back. I think those who want to see him with 10 on his back will be disappointed.

A pretty nifty squad could come out of that

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 18:39
Congratulations to all 4.

Interesting that they've named Cipriani as a full-back/outside back, rather than an inside back.

I would think Jack will get a game, given that he is one of only 2 hookers. I would also hope that Nick would get a game too, given that Genge and Sinckler are known quantities.

Might be a bit early for Ollie but let's hope he gets a lot from the experience whatever happens.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 20:04
Quote:
Underdog
Cips named as a full back. I think those who want to see him with 10 on his back will be disappointed.
A pretty nifty squad could come out of that

Iíd suspect heís only been named at full back to accommodate Piers Francis as an inside back for now. Once they guys head off to SA Iím hoping Cips moves to 10 otherwise heís wasted at 15 i think

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 20:45
Well it's Schonert vs Hill vs Sinckler, and IMO and for many others Schonert is by far the best pick.
Singleton vs McGuigan you'd expect Singleton to start due to inclusion last year too.
Teo will probably make the bench but I'd be very surprised if Lawrence gets anywhere near.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 21:33
I'd like to see

Daly
Cokanasiga
Trinder
Teo
Solomona
Cipriani
Robson

Genge
Singleton
Sinckler
Launchbury
Stooke
Wilson
Curry
Mercer

With a bench of McGuigan, Marler, Schonert, McInally, Ross, Youngs, Ford, Woodward.

I feel that's a nice mix of the touring squad and gives a few of the Brighton only camp a run out. I imagine we'll see Brown and Robshaw start though.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 08:34
Thankfully after scouring a multitude of channels i found the highlights for the Bas Bass match as I don't have Sky Sports.
11.30pm,sunday,BBC 2.
Or the pub.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 09:37
My preferred line up:

1. Genge
2. Singleton
3. Schonert
4. Stooke
5. Launchbury
6. Wilson
7. T.Curry
8. Hughes

9. Robson
10. Cipriani
11. Daly
12. Te'o
13. Trinder
14. Cokanasiga
15. Woodward

16. McGuigan
17. Marler
18. Hill
19. McNally
20. Mercer
21. Youngs
22. Smith
23. Solomona

We know what players like Robshaw, Brown, May, Ford and Sinckler can do. So why play them?

Unlucky on Beaumont, Ellis, Harrison, Francis, Redpath and Lawrence but I either don't rate them or they're still too raw (for the 2 U20s).

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 12:55
Ollie must have impressed someone enormously in age group rugby even to get the chance to train at this level - or is it to get across just how much more he might need to do to make a real impact at senior level? Schonert to start - hard to see him as impact sub when the game opens up. Cipriani at 10 or not at all for me although there might be a rationale for @15 in Baa Baa game as their press defence and kick chase is not going to be quite as well rehearsed as normal matches

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 13:45
Quote:
Sutton Warrior
- or is it to get across just how much more he might need to do to make a real impact at senior level?

On the basis it is an enormously convoluted way to prove a point to a specific individual rather than a generation as a whole....shall we assume the positive version of events smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 14:05
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Thankfully after scouring a multitude of channels i found the highlights for the Bas Bass match as I don't have Sky Sports.
11.30pm,sunday,BBC 2.
Or the pub.

Alternatively, Skyís NowTV 24hr pass @£7.99. Stream it to iPad/laptop, chromecast to your big smart
TV, hear the commentary in the comfort of your own room, for the price of a couple of pints.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 21:47
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
11.30pm,sunday,BBC 2.
Or the pub.

Alternatively, Skyís NowTV 24hr pass @£7.99. Stream it to iPad/laptop, chromecast to your big smart
TV, hear the commentary in the comfort of your own room, for the price of a couple of pints.
Thanks Ted.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 07:41
Teams up today, fingers crossed for the guys!!

Touchliner
Touchliner (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 10:47
Jack to start, Nick is a "finisher"

15 Elliot Daly (Wasps)
14 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)
13 Henry Trinder (Gloucester Rugby)
12 Piers Francis (Northampton Saints)
11 Mike Brown (Harlequins)
10 George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

1 Joe Marler (Harlequins)
2 Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors)
3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins)
4 Elliott Stooke (Bath Rugby)
5 Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
6 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins)
7 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks)
8 Zach Mercer (Bath Rugby)

Finishers

16 George McGuigan (Leicester Tigers)
17 Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers)
18 Nick Schonert (Worcester Warriors)
19 Josh Beaumont (Sale Sharks)
20 Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)
21 Dan Robson (Wasps)
22 Danny Cipriani (Wasps)
23 Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2018 10:50 by Touchliner.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 10:47
Beaten by seconds!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2018 10:48 by A38.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 11:03
Brown at 11 is interesting.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 11:31
Looking forward to watching (Sm100)

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 11:41
Being Skyless, it looks like the pub..

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 12:10
Am I the only person to wonder why on God's earth Brown is picked on the wing? We've so many top notch wingers in England and Eddie picks a has-been on poor form. Good grief. Also saddened that Nick doesn't get a start ahead of another Harlequin on poor form.

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:02
Brown must have something on Eddie to be played at all, especially on the wing!!

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:12
Quote:
Fiver
Am I the only person to wonder why on God's earth Brown is picked on the wing? We've so many top notch wingers in England and Eddie picks a has-been on poor form. Good grief. Also saddened that Nick doesn't get a start ahead of another Harlequin on poor form.

No. I suspect you are one of many, me included. However, I think other odd choices were made in the wider squad too. I like Eddie, and feel that he has been a breath of fresh air, but I wonder how long the feeling will last?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 15:43
Brown goes on the wing, Wade is totally ignored?

Is Brown Jonesí loves child or something.

JP

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:44
Eddie must be going for pure pace on the wing.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:58
I know it's not fashionable to like Mike but I thibk he's exactly the sort of uber competitive older player you want in a game like this. He'll do his job professionally and won't let the barbarians feeling get to the younger players in midfield.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 17:32
And throw up the opportunity to blood another player

Big mistake and wasted opportunity.

JP

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 17:57
Browner has that nasty streak which Eddie likes which we all saw at the quins game, but agree he is largely a has been these days. Time for the new generation

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 18:34
A big shout goes to my mate David Teal (forum lurker), who not only gives me a lift to Sixways but invited me to watch the Baa-Baas game at his house. His wife makes a mean cup of coffee too. What a game! Mike Brown handled the ball once and missed several tackles, and that's it. Our boys both did themselves great credit, and the whole match was a joy to watch.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 21:30
Went to game today. Jack didnít look out of place at all and played a good 70 minutes in his first game. Sharky didnít have much chance to show his skills but seemed okay. Not sure what Jones needed to see with Sinkler to be honest that left Nick with a bit part.

Ashton was the pants villain for the day, but a great finisher if nothing else to fis game.

Decent entertainment but doubt the Saffers will be losing sleep.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 21:52
I only saw the first half but thought Jack acquitted himself really well. Unfortunately I think he lacks the dynamism of George and LCD but he knows now that he will be in and around England squads and up to him to kick on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net