rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
"Warriors pitch should be illegal"
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 11:58

just got into rugby
Re: "Warriors pitch should be illegal"
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 12:02
I guess that is why our pitch is watered before every game (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 12:11
My thought exactly

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 13:18
Caught me with a bit of click bait. Warriors of course being the Glasgow Warriors.

Although I have heard a few opposition players who are not a fan of the surface at Sixways.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 14:55
I think they went for a relatively cheap option with Malcolm construction.

I also think the jury is still probably out on ours.

With regard to "carpet burns" I think the coconut fibre and cork infill is fairly "Low risk" when wet, though I do feel we have had more than our fair share of lower limb ligament injuries since installation.

I don't miss the the particularly bad drainage we historically had in the area of Sixways that the stadium pitch occupies. I do, however, miss the grass and still lament we didn't plump for a desso surface.

What particularly worries me is the continued underuse of the surface either by way of community or concert usage.

JOT's dream for a "money spinner" simply hasn't materialised.(Sm147)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/05/2018 14:56 by Southstand(again).

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 15:36
They knew it was likely to cause friction burns right from The outset

[www.bbc.co.uk]

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 16:00
I think the pitch is used more often than you think SS. I've been up on a couple of evenings and it's almost always in use.

Couldn't speculate as to whether the activities are money spinners or not however.

As for concerts, it is unfortunate that we haven't seen any of those since Bryan.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 16:36
Quote:
Southstand(again)......
What particularly worries me is the continued underuse of the surface either by way of community or concert usage.

JOT's dream for a "money spinner" simply hasn't materialised.(Sm147)[/quote

Every time I have been ip for an evening function, there has been football/touch rugby on the pitch, so as USA says, its used a lot more than we think, as to making money out if it thats another question.

neiljk
neiljk (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 21:40
I think there is quite a lot of variation between 4G surfaces and watering will also make a huge difference. My lad has played on the 4G at the Allianz, Arms Park and Rosslyn Park - all were very different and his legs were an utter mess after the Arms Park. Tbe surface at Rosslyn Park was most like ours and was fab.

That said I can remember playing on dry hard grass pitches, including a few that were rock hard....

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 06:51
I don't think our pitch goes rock hard in sunny weather, which it would appear the Glasgow pitch does.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 07:34
Quote:
Fiver
I don't think our pitch goes rock hard in sunny weather, which it would appear the Glasgow pitch does.

Thatís because we water ours, a requirement due to the coconut fibre material.

Glasgowís is a different construction, donít know precisely what it is, but it isnít the same as ours, we were told ours was the first of its kind in the UK.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 08:46
Further reading......

Ours is a Limonta Geo-Plus infill.

[www.limontasport.com]

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 12:53
Limonta - 'GEO PLUS: THE INFILL WITH ZERO ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT' hmm. I think they have forgotten earlier in the supply chain where their coir is ground up in India or where ever probably using old diesel engines?

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 19:22
Our pitch is well used during the season by U16s, U18s and AASE team as well as for training for the development squads. Must have saved the club money on renting other pitches. Agree that we haven't seen the commercial use that was promised in the off-season.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 23:29
TD, donít think we need to rent any pitches, weíve enough of our own.

But totally agree that Jolly Jmís plans for significant commercial use, particularly concerts, see, to have fallen rather flat indeed.

MESSAGES->author
Bob (swatpo) (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 12:09
and for cricket with the HITZ lads (sorry don't know how to post a pic!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net