rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

woodywuss
Premiership final
woodywuss (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 09:34
Just thought a new topic for the close season mix may help?
It's very doubtful I will watch the game between two teams who were pretty much odds on to be in the final at the start of the season. I would be very surprised if is a showpiece of end to end rugby.
I think the pay channels may be concerned that as with the Premier League,teams like Man. City running away with it are not good for viewing figures and new subscribers. The recent F.A. cup final has led to calls for the format to be changed. Will we see the T.V. folk and new sponsors,tinkering with game schedules in the Premiership?
The recent SANZAAR meeting in London was allegedly talking about more S.A. teams playing in the Northern hemisphere due to the state of Southern hemisphere competitions.

Malvern Man
Re: Premiership final
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 10:44
I thought the salary cap was supposed to provide a level playing field?

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 10:50
I thought that the last couple of finals were quite close and exciting. In general they are way better than the football version. It is only the last couple of seasons that it has been Sarries/Exeter prior to that you would have had Tigers/Wasps/Bath who were the nailed on finalists, so to that extent I think there is more variety in rugby.

Personally I think this is desired end of season viewing regardless of who you support

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 19:43
Quote:
Malvern Man
I thought the salary cap was supposed to provide a level playing field?

Absolutely MM, and if it was policed and enforced rigorously, it would!

Having said that, I'm still looking forward to watching the final.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 19:56
Chiefs have reinforced their status of last season in the season long competition which takes any risk of “fluke” comments away. They were no doubt disappointed with Europe but bagged the last AWC to show their depth.

Sarries in the last few Prem game and last weekend showed how good they can be. Couldn’t quite toe to toe it in Europe this year. They will want silverware.

Hoping for a good spectacle.

Off to HQ for the Babarians game on Sunday with the England side containing some Warriors but a team with too many players involved the day before, missing from it prior to SA tour. Bonkers planning by club and country yet again.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 21:56
Having the Barbarians game out of the test window does mean players get to play for a chance to tour if they have an exceptional game, I think it's a good thing.

Final is very close to call, however I think Exeter have the better defence at the moment which could be telling - although Farrell's experience vs Simmonds might give Sarries an edge.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 21:57
We shall be there, leaving at 07:30 Turks Head by 10:30 great morning food and drink then make our way ever so slowly to the ground.

Should arrive back in Wuss by 21:30 just in time for the last round in All Bar One.

JP

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 09:17
Well done to Sarries.
Patently the best team on the day.
They did the old Wasps trick of timing their run of form to perfection.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net