rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Southstand(again)
Dorian Jones
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:04

kiddykid
Re: Dorian Jones
kiddykid (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:11
That's a shame as I was hoping that when Duncan Weir left is that he would drive up the M5 and be our second 10. Difficult to see that now as he has signed a two year deal.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 19:46
That was my hope too Kiddykid, I thought he showed great potential in his short time with us.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 22:47
So before Weir joins us, we are already looking for his replacement. Just because he has initially signed for one year, does not mean he is off.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 09:17
Doesn't mean he'll be staying either. Who knows?
Either way, I thought Jones showed potential and Weir would have been a good mentor.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 09:46
Quote:
NW2
Either way, I thought Jones showed potential and Weir would have been a good mentor.

Not sure who would be more insulted there tbh... Jones at 25 or Weir at 27??

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 08:27
Quote:
usa warrior
Quote:
NW2

Not sure who would be more insulted there tbh... Jones at 25 or Weir at 27??

Fair point, I didn't realise Jones was "so old".
In that case, maybe all he needed to fulfil his potential with us, was time.
Neither should feel insulted though, Jones didn't fulfil his potential with us in that short time, and Weir definitely shouldn't feel insulted,as you can be a mentor to someone whatever your age, imo.

Not going to happen now anyway, so.......

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 10:31
I thought Jones did himself no harm at all when playing for us. I'd have been happy for him to stay but in fairness I'm very happy that both Lance and Weir have joined. Who knows, maybe we've not seen the last of Jones, I'd certainly wish him good luck whatever happens.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 12:01
Let's not forget that we still have Shillcock. That's three very good 10s; two of them are excellent kickers while the third can be good on his day, and will continue to improve. How long is it since we've been in that position? Dorian would have been a luxury whose salary would be better spent on a lock forward.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 12:16
It is also worth noting that Dorian has moved to a second tier French side.
I agree with Patgadd that including Shilly we have good stand off cover , plus Mills in an emergency.It could also be that with our perceived strength at centre that Ryan may have to consider 10 as one of his options?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net