rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Te'o not going to SA
A38 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 18:29
Warriors' Twitter says: "Ben Teío misses out as he needs a small repair to his quad..."

Confirmed:-

[www.englandrugby.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/05/2018 18:30 by A38.

SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR
Re: Te'o not going to SA
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 19:13
Get it all sorted now, and he will be fit and raring to go come September.
Warriors need him to be firing on all cylinders from Game 1.

BantamWarrior
BantamWarrior (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 20:17
I'm definitely taking a "glass half full" view on this. Full recuperation over the summer and then back to sixways with a body and a mind fired up to prove himself again.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 21:56
Presumably the op and rehab will be in Aus as Sixways and Spire arenít up to much based on his last rehab!

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 05:22
As has been said above - from a strictly selfish fan point of view, this isnít necessarily a bad thing

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 09:06
The Times this morning suggests that the injury needing repair happened during England training in the build up to the Barbarians' game, previous thigh muscle damage being aggravated.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 09:18
It's a shame as I think they'll need his physical presence in midfield against the Boks. I can't see anyone else in that squad that can bring that from the backline. Nathan Earle has the physique to do it, but I've never seen him impact a game in that way.

England also need to find a working midfield alternative to Ford, Farrell, Joseph as that one works perfectly well with forward dominance, but lacks the ability to get itself into the game. Farrell, Te'o, Slade would be a potentially brilliant example of a midfield that could do that.

Old Col
Old Col (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 12:15
Teo really started to show what he could do for us in the last few games of the season.Better at each outing. I really hope he gets rested and repaired well in time for the start of next season .What a potentially great midfield with him,Mills, Olivier ,Venter,Butler and Lawrence .Then some really exciting players coming back-Annett ,Humphreys,Kirwan ,Baldwin ,Potgeiter .Kept resonably injury free there should be a good prospect to allow some rotation of players during the season from what looks to me to be the strongest squad in depth that we have ever had. But how to keep them all with enough game time ?

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 14:56
As it almost always is, the answer is results. Players won't mind being rotated if we are winning games.

If you play well, win and then warm the bench next weekend, you'll be itching to get back involved. Play well in a losing side and you'll think you could be doing better elsewhere. Even worse, sit on the bench when you're losing and you might question whether your talents are being appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net