rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

gmem
O/T one for TT and Saucie
Garym (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 09:25
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

And not a pear in sight ......

Southstand(again)
Re: O/T one for TT and Saucie
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 10:28
It's a tourism logo Garym.

What it does show is that despite the diverse design it was still felt there needed to be a link with the past, hence the use of the first Royal charter date.

To date, the most notable accomplishment of our club was our entry and progression through the National leagues under Cecil's sponsorship and guidance.

Pears or not, I still think there needs to be some acknowledgement of all those that wore the shirt through those years - even if it's just a date.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 11:31
I know its the tourism logo (where is the irony icon when you need it). I just thought it is interesting that in trying to promote tourism that the one thing that is missing is the pears. personally, I think the tourism logo does not really identify the city without them (I should be worried that I am sounding like TT!).

As an ex-player I agree that there should be some link to those who came before the current brand.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 12:04
Softly Softly Catchee Monkey

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 19:17
interesting Beeb Quiz (Sm14)

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 19:34
10/10.

Even old Auntie Beeb knows that Worcester is not connected to a space egg.

Eastrrr Bunny
Eastrrr Bunny (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 20:00
Looks like a beaver.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 21:11
So no Cathedral, no river, no Royal Worcester, no Lea & Perrins and this is a City tourism logo?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 21:21
Quote:
FlipFlop
So no Cathedral, no river, no Royal Worcester, no Lea & Perrins and this is a City tourism logo?

On sober reflection, this is truly awful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net