rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Rosslyn Park
A38 (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 14:48
Andy Ripley was always a great favourite of mine and in many ways embodied the spirit of rugby. I heard him speak at a dinner years ago about how he got into senior rugby. He said he just turned up with his boots at his local club to see if he could get a game. That club was of course Rosslyn Park and those of us of a certain age will remember it well.

I came across a reference to RP on Shedweb and to its current difficulties with a local resident. This explains the situation which the club faces:-

[mailchi.mp]

I m sure all of us will wish to support the club.

Patgadd
Re: Rosslyn Park
Patgadd (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 16:20
I think Andy may have been selective in his memories, as he lived next door but 2 to me and played for Liverpool RFC in his teens, though this may not have lasted long before he moved away from the city.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 22:15
Quote:
Patgadd
... he lived next door but 2 to me ... before he moved away from the city.

It was the trousers, wasn't it?

Quote:
Patgadd
I think Andy may have been selective in his memories, as he ... played for Liverpool RFC in his teens ... .

According to A38's anecdote, Andy was talking about how he got into senior rugby. Perhaps he only played up to U16s or Colts at Liverpool?

Whatever you do, do it safely!

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 22:29
My memory could well be at fault as to the detail. It was 1974 or thereabouts and it was a very good dinner - in Watford, I think.

But that wasn't the point of the post which was really to bring readers' attention to the situation in which an old renowned club finds itself. It is a club which in the past has provided at least one player to the England team.

I cannot comment on the advertising issue itself.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 07:37
Got to agree with SK 88

neiljk
neiljk (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 20:39
I was at RP for a Friday night game in March. The 4G was amazing and very good floodlights, but the airliners coming into Heathrow could see the advertising. It is fairly large, bright and obtrusive.

Not the worst thing there though and a minor niggle compared to the airplanes.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 21:30
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Got to agree with SK 88

I'm neither here nor there, however, I can take pictures from angles which will help with a particular point of view. I wonder what my opinion would be if I was there in person to make the judgement.

neiljk
neiljk (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 09:07
The pictures make it look better than it is. The hoardings ate large and bright. That said, its a city

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net