rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

dkexile
South Africa Vs England
dkexile (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 07:47
Not really expecting too much from England today.

I'm expecting Mike brown to be a disaster on the wing again and I've lost faith in robshaw being good enough...I hope I'm wrong.

I do like the front five, although it's a shame launchbury is out, I don't like the midfield balance, hope we don't end up kicking all day.

usa warrior
Re: South Africa Vs England
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 08:00
Robs haw is a good player but heís been played to exhaustion. The guy needed the summer off.

Wonít disagree with anything else you said. Brown over Solomona/ Yarde/Wade?!?

Odd balance to the team and a loss would not be a surprise at all.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 08:02
Mike Brown on the wing is a farce. Eddie is basically saying every winger in England is so @#$%& Iíve got to put our slowest back on the wing. Both teams are average at best at the moment, could go either way although England have never won there in my lifetime. I just have a feeling England might step up and win a close one today.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 08:14
Take heart from the thought that, if losing at 60 min, Eddie can bring Piers Francis on...

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 08:18
.... or Brad Shields.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 12:22
Quote:
usa warrior
Take heart from the thought that, if losing at 60 min, Eddie can bring Piers Francis on...

Whilst he was very good in attack, from what I saw of the Baa Baas game, his defence was woeful.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 14:06
Quote:
usa warrior
Robs haw is a good player but heís been played to exhaustion. The guy needed the summer off.
l.

This is part of what annoys me with England, why is he exhausted? He wasn't with the lions, quins reached no finals, he should be at his peak and if he's not there's something very wrong with England's training regime.

So many players I was looking forward to seeing play for England have been injured training it's getting ridiculous, Jones is sending us backwards by not integrating players when we were playing well and seemingly pushing many good options to breaking point.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 21:53
Got taught a lesson in the forwards gave their 9 too much room to run the field.

Second row makes the back bone didnt happen. Hope Warriors get it right next seasin.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 07:49
We're picking too many players who are out of form and some weird decisions by Jones, the best chance we've had to beat the springboks in an away series has been blown already.

Really disappointed it feels like we've made zero progress in the last few years.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 08:09
It feels more like weíve gone backwards. We just canít cope when teams attack us, we fall apart defensively. The ferocity and organisation in defence that Australia and Ireland showed yesterday was worlds apart. We looked very good for 20 minutes but as soon as SA scored it was almost like we didnít have the bottle for the fight. To be that far ahead then loosing by HT shows there is something very wrong.

Day tripper
Day tripper (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 08:25
De cerk is an outstanding 9 made the difference between the teams. He pulled warriors defence aperture at worcs when sharks came to see us.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 09:35
The confidence that comes from winning has gone, and so has that ability to just soak up pressure and wait for mistakes that was so visible in Australia and the two 6N titles.

Putting three tries last them should have meant pinning them back in their half and battering them in defence, then picking them off. Once they got momentum, I knew what was going to happen.

Positives are some excellent attacking play, and looking a bit more together. Altitude seemed to take the legs away though, so not sure why they've trained at sea level.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 10:56
Good point Underdog.

Perhaps theyíre aiming to peak at sea level.

For general interest......
Altitude of the 3 test locations:-
Ellis Park JoBurg 5656ft
Toyota Stadium Bloemfontein 4559ft
DHL Newlands Stadium Cape Town 132ft

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 13:08
Quote:
Underdog
TAltitude seemed to take the legs away though, so not sure why they've trained at sea level.

Quote:
Jeff Probyn

Recent research has actually found that altitude training is not all itís cracked up to be...

...Altitude can make an athlete fitter, but will hinder their speed, which could make a big difference in a game like rugby.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 16:32
Abberley, thanks, hadn't seen that. What I have seen is a study saying that playing at altitude had two schools of thought: train there for at least ten days, or go straight in and out. The study seemed to suggest that the latter is not as convincing.

Who knows. All I know is England started at the speed of sound, and then went leggy straight away, whereas the Boks looked much fitter. We'll see next week I suppose.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 17:14
Quote:
Whispering_Death
It feels more like weíve gone backwards. We just canít cope when teams attack us, we fall apart defensively. The ferocity and organisation in defence that Australia and Ireland showed yesterday was worlds apart. We looked very good for 20 minutes but as soon as SA scored it was almost like we didnít have the bottle for the fight. To be that far ahead then loosing by HT shows there is something very wrong.

I was trying to reign in my negativity until after I watched it again but I agree.

It seems like there's so many good players coming through that things should be better.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 11:31
Slightly O/T but a lack of highlights coverage next weekend.
Nowt on terrestial or Sky Sports Mix.Will have to make do with Adams on channel 4 vs the Argies.
Happy cricket highlights on C5 though! Softens the blow somewhat.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2018 11:33 by w4rriorz1980.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 11:54
Schalk Brits called up to the SA side for next weekend! Pleased to see him go on for another few weeks.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 12:36
Somebody else we know called up for the series:-

[warriors.co.uk]

Singleton.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net