rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Patgadd
Under 20s vs France
Patgadd (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 19:49
By the end, we had four Worcester players on the field: Hill and Scott played the 80, and Cutting and Butler came off the bench. They all performed well, with Cutting looking particularly sharp when he came on and Hill delivering his usual solid performance. Unfortunately the French scrum was far too strong for us, though it has to be said that White was too slow and Marcus Smith was below par.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Under 20s vs France
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 20:38
Spot on.
Enjoyed the game, but what do they feed those French forwards on?

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 20:41
England scored three tries to two, so there's hope.

Diverdave
Diverdave (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 22:48
Watched the game and was a little perplexed as to why the french player did not receive at least a yellow, if not red for taking out the player blatantly in the air, not a collision, it could have been a serious injury. We picked up a red for a much lesser incident for one of our second rows a couple of games ago, think it was the Scotland game, but may be wrong.

Barred minor was home from uni and was incensed, not at all happy with the officiating. He was convinced as was I that the French player picked up the ball in goal and carried it out but no replay, the ref didn't want to know even though curry did contest it.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 08:46
Winning these things are always nice for the individual players, but the real success barometer is how many of them are starting prem games in the next year and pushing for national selection.

I'd rather they looked skilful and could score tries than just power their way to victory, as that will get found out at the next level. Well done to all involved, but particularly our fantastic four.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 09:11
I felt Ted Hill was very good indeed really looks the part with a good engine. Beck Cutting is younger but also looked good.

JP

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 07:29
Ted hill was excellent, I for one, would be happy to see him get some game time next season.
He never stopped carrying or tackling and he matched a very physical french pack.

An enjoyable game to watch, in my clearly biased eyes we were harshly treated by the officials, but the French were good value for victory with that scrum and an excellent kicking display.

Agree that Smith had a poor game by his standards.

everycloud
everycloud (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 13:20
I was at the match and I would preface my comments by saying that the best side on the day won. However, I thought the referee was influenced by the 18,000 strong French crowd in a number of his decisions, primarily the one you mention above where our player was taken out in the air. He landed on his shoulders. That's a red. World Cup to England.
That raises the issue as to the suitability of the ref. I felt he was out of his depth. Agreed, the England team did themselves no favours with some loose play, but similar offences by the French were overlooked. There must be a case for a top class ref in games of this importance. On the plus sides, brilliant tournament and a fantastic experience for the lads, who are unlikely to play in front of a more partisan crowd than that one! Also the Warriors lads acquitted themselves well throughout the tournament, showing the potential to step up a grade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net