rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

CookiePROP
Cheating in rugby study
CookiePROP (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 15:55
Hi fellow rugby fans, I am currently conducting a study for my Masters in Sport & Exercise psychology thesis on perceptions of cheating in rugby (our beautiful game) from fans and players perspectives. If you have a spare ten minutes It would be a great help if you could fill in the questionnaire (link below), likewise if you know anyone who could take part please feel free to share it with them. Thanks in advance!

[nupsych.qualtrics.com]

MESSAGES->author
Re: Cheating in rugby study
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 16:31
Done.

Interesting enough questions, look forward to seeing the eventual report.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 16:41
Done.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 17:16
An interesting question when starting the questionnaire would be to ask if we were ex-forwards or backs. As an ex-back (normally smallest player on the field) it was normal for forwards to think high tackles etc... were not their fault. Other thuggery came my way, once coming very close to a broken neck (a penalty was awarded).

It's a difficult decision to send someone off for inept thuggery, as such I'd be happy to see yellows for rubbish violence and reds for when harm is actually caused.

That said, I like a bit of clever gamesmanship.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 07:06
Done - as said, uinteresting positions.

If I may observe (sorry!) - in Scenario 4, we could have done with the benefit of a little more information - you inform us that they collide with one player in the air (at least) - is the other player in the air and is he looking at the ball, reaching for the ball etc? Because I have stayed neutral in my answers through a lack of information, when clearly there is a one way or the other outcome to all of these (IMHO).

I'm sure its a bit late for this feedback - but though I would make mention.

very interesting thought exercise otherwise - and the best of luck - I have filled in the box for a copy of the results!

samlee99
samlee99 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 12:05
Needs a section on salary cap cheating and then to be sent to Saracens.

MESSAGES->author
Butthead (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 16:16
Quote:
samlee99
Needs a section on salary cap cheating and then to be sent to Saracens.
"Allegedly" winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net