rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Ashton to Sale Sharks
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 11:00

Warriordad
Re: Ashton to Sale Sharks
Warriordad (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 11:51
What a strange move for sale if true. They are well stocked on the wings with Yarde and Solomona, unless they would also play him at fullback?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 11:53
They see him as a fullback - where he is playing for Toulon currently.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 12:20
Full back would make a lot of sense - Eddie likes picking people out of position to play on the wing.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 12:44
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Full back would make a lot of sense - Eddie likes picking people out of position to play on the wing.

He looks like he's lost a yard of pace to me, perfect for Eddie.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 13:31
And heís still a nob.

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 14:21
Seems a very odd move all round unless he hasn't really settled in Toulon despite his try scoring last season. As Ted says, and to misquote the Steve Bell cartoon from many years ago " Eee eez a beet of a ouanquere" ( try it in faux french accent)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 14:28
Wants to have a go at the World Cup squad.

Eddie probably had a word.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 17:28
If thatís the case Jonny and Lol better dig out their boots.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 17:47
Nah, obviously for the splash -

'There is significant rainfall throughout the year in Eccles. Even the driest month still has a lot of rainfall'

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 18:11
I can't remember if they've replaced Mike Haley with anyone. He was a nifty player who's trying his luck in Ireland next season. Ashton is a lethal finisher.

Apparently he really wants a pop at the England squad, and Toulon's owner said he is having family issues.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 19:52
Heíll nail tries for Sale. Yes heís a knob, but SD saw him tear big holes in England Defence for Barbarians, and perhaps RFU did a Tíeo like deal to get him to the Prem so he could be picked.

He will of course be a pantomime act again for most onlookers, but Sale fans will have some fun with a Cueto like finisher back in their ranks.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 21:07
[b][/b]
Quote:
Underdog
I can't remember if they've replaced Mike Haley with anyone. He was a nifty player who's trying his luck in Ireland next season. Ashton is a lethal finisher.
Apparently he really wants a pop at the England squad, and Toulon's owner said he is having family issues.
The Toulon owner is having family issues?! (Sm151)(Sm126) The pie n mash probably ain't the same in the sud de France!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/06/2018 21:16 by w4rriorz1980.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 21:49
I see that there continues to be activity in recruitment around the Premiership with players coming in from elsewhere.

Not only Ashton but also on the BBC site today:-

[www.bbc.co.uk]

and

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Presumably Ds of R / Coaches are still looking for that little bit extra - within both budgets and the cap of course.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 12:43
Quote:
Underdog

They haven't replaced Haley, unless you count Ashton.

I think he's a good signing, scores tries for fun, when England played him with flood and Young's our backs looked great.
Sadly we had to fit Farrell in and the tries dried up a bit.

If his defence looks solid enough I'd actually prefer him to brown.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 13:47
Top try scorer.
I believe Sale will be a top 6 team next term.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 18:47
In fairness to Sale, I used to avoid watching them as they were so dull. Not anymore, a few very astute signings from Geezer recently.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net