rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Warriors23
New Owners!
Warriors23 (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 23:30
Expect an announcement regarding our New Owners before the season starts!

w4rriorz1980
Re: New Owners!
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 00:05
Which season?! I'll believe it when I see it! Thanks for the heads up though!
Please not the SRU!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 05:58
Ew ownerS or new owner.

JP

Bevere Warrior
Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 07:05
Hasn’t Warriors23 been quite accurate with information surrounding signings in recent times. Seems someone with a fbit of inside knowledge.

Eastrrr Bunny
Eastrrr Bunny (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 07:20
My sources suggest it will be well received by all!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 09:16
Cecil and Bill at the head of a local consortium?

Whatever you do, do it safely!

LiveInHope
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 09:27
The last rumour I heard was a consortium that included Cecil & the Allen family plus a few faces with new cash. I kind of believed it could have legs, as I understand that’s what the Allen family always wanted.But there is so many rumours that I await an announcement.

Cecil’s involvement maybe good in the short term, but he is no spring chicken & it could just be putting off the problem.
I hope he lives many more years whether he is involved with a Warriors or not. But there has been several football situations where a owner bankrolls a club & his family don’t want to continue. Believe that was the situation with the Allen family, senior wanted to invest but son did not.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 09:29
The season proper or including pre season stuff? When is the first home friendly anyway? I'm looking forward to it already.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 09:38
dke: 18 August vs Hartpury.

Incidentally, I see that it is East Stand only game and, if I am reading this correctly, STHs are best advised to book a (free) seat. I've just done this and have chosen a seat away from my usual one to get a different viewpoint and to test whether I might want to move at some time.

It looks as though STHs cannot assume that their usual seat will be available to them.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 10:04
Got my ticket....strange to have to go through the loop of applying for a free ticket and having it arrive in the post. Why not just scan my ST card?

Didn’t the offie piece mention unreserved seating though?

I’m away from home, can’t check if my tkt has a seat number.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 11:09
Quote:
TeflonTed
Why not just scan my ST card?

We are to be issued with new ST Cards.
Apparently, the old system of a permanent card was being abused too frequently.

Old 7
Old 7 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 12:29
It did mention unreserved seating but you still have to select a seat to get a ticket. However, it looks to me like none of the season ticket seats are available, such as you'd expect for a league game. Either that that or they've already sold a lot of tickets.

MESSAGES->author
IanRed (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 12:30
When I phoned the ticket office for my tickets I was advised that it is unreserved starting. First come first served.
I think it is the same with the car park.

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 15:08
Hopefully whoever it is they have the best interests of the club at heart. Wirh promising signings on the field it would be great to start the season with some long term security too.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 15:31
Quote:
A38
dke: 18 August vs Hartpury.

Thanks, hmm longer than I wanted to wait smiling smiley

Warriors23
Warriors23 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 21:30
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
I’m afraid not...not that close to home... more like 58m!

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 21:56
OK, I'll play. 58 miles?

That would take us as far south as, say, Swindon.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 22:00
Quote:
Warriors23
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
I’m afraid not...not that close to home... more like 58m!

Which gives us, broadly speaking, and working clockwise from due north.......

Stoke on Trent
Derby
Loughborough
A few miles east of Leicester
Northampton
Just west of Milton Keynes
Didcot
Marlborough
Bath
Clevedon
Merthyr Tydfil
Oswestry
Whitchurch

Come on, sleuths.

Well, anything’s better than continual feckin footie.

[www.businessmapcentre.com]

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 22:12
Given previous rumours i'd say it looks like McRory is the most likely outcome.

MESSAGES->author
01 July, 2018 22:33
WS I feel you may have hit the bullseye

“Well received by all” mmm

JP

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 22:45
Quote:
Eastrrr Bunny

If it is McCrory I dont think it will be well received by all !!
Exactly the opposite to be blunt ....

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 23:22
58m is the exact distance to Swindon. Given previous rumours this is far too exact to be coincidental. I would say i'm sure it's Mcrory but the fact W23 (Who's track record is flawless on these sorts of rumours) says it'll be well recieved by all puts a tiny seed of doubt in my mind..... still 90% sure it'll be him.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 05:32
I don't think he/ she would have put "well received" if it turns out to be the Swindon option.

Bevere Warrior
Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 06:08
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
58m is the exact distance to Swindon. Given previous rumours this is far too exact to be coincidental. I would say i'm sure it's Mcrory but the fact W23 (Who's track record is flawless on these sorts of rumours) says it'll be well recieved by all puts a tiny seed of doubt in my mind..... still 90% sure it'll be him.

Unfortunately it wasn’t W23 that said it would be well received

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 07:25
Quote:
Eastrrr Bunny

Go on then Eastrrr Bunny, please do elaborate.

FWIW if whoever buys the club delivers with good investment and strategy to compete for something then they will undoubtedly be well-received by all.

Unfortunately some bidders appear to have some baggage and will arrive to trepidation.

MESSAGES->author
02 July, 2018 07:28
I must say I was told quite strongly that Mcrory was the front runner at the end of last season by a well informed person. I did not believe him, but was told wait and see. Jersey was also dropped into the conversation..

JP

yellow450
Yeller (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 08:13
However, McCrory lives in Evesham. He was merely involved with Swindon Town FC on an ego basis.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 08:57
When David Allen first spoke to us, he said that he had originally just wanted to help financially, and that Cecil had told him: "If you're contributing the most money, you have to be on the board". I don't know if Greg feels the same, but it's surely possible that he just wants to take a back seat while still funding the club to a greater or lesser extent. That's my hope anyway, but then I'm usually wrong...

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 08:58
I'm looking forward to watching you all subside into panic mode about McCrory with no real evidence smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 09:05
Not quite sure one “subsides” into panic mode TVM, but understand what you mean.

There’ll be no panic at Ted Towers, that’s for sure.

After this length of time I’m surprised we haven’t made it as a story line on The Archers.

“Ooh Arr, Borchester Braves are being taken over by some out of county city slickers! Another pint please Jolene!!”

misunderstood
misunderstood (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 09:07
Until its officially announced i guess anything is conjecture
however i fear that the speculation on McCory heading up a consortium is going to be the news
lets wait and see

Always misunderstood

MESSAGES->author
02 July, 2018 09:43
Evidence that he is taking ownership TVM or evidence about Mcrory. There plenty of evidence about Mcrory including very scathing judicial statements from the courts.

JP

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 09:57
The former JP.

MESSAGES->author
02 July, 2018 10:01
I thought as much TVM, however the guy who told me was “extremely” well connected and was adamant Mcrory was the man putting the consortium together. At the time he also told me there were absolutely no other interested parties.

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 11:02
How long ago was that JP as I've since heard that there are/were multiple intersted parties?

As of this weekend...

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 11:24
I very much hope the situation has changed and there are other interested parties, but 6 months ago I heard from a usually solid source the same as JP did (it might have been the same source - don't know); namely that Jed was the only one.

MESSAGES->author
02 July, 2018 11:34
If an announcement is due then that has to be were not are USA, as the decision has been made.

If it was were then it must have been several months ago as time is needed to investigate/assess the supposed offers for Allen to make a decision. We know it will be Allen’s decision not the board as Bill Bolsover told us this at the open meetings.

At Christmas I was informed there were no other interested parties, all those considering had pulled out completely.

At the last game of the season I was informed no other interested parties had entered the ring and that the only bid was Mcrory’s but he had not yest managed to get confirmation from his consortium on funds.

So 10 weeks ago there was only Mcrory and no confirmation/proof of available funds.

JP

Mikey40
Mikey40 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 11:43
Just to chuck something into the mix... a couple of weeks ago I was attending a media event, catching up with some old colleagues and establishing some new contacts, where the conversation on ownership and rugby cropped up, lots of rumours etc flying about from well informed sources who know their stuff, but that's all it was, one titbit I did take from it that was mentioned was that 2-3 clubs were/are currently being looked at by people with very large pockets from the Asia market (not Japan I was told), looking for avenues to boost the profile of the game in that part of the world. Maybe that's something which may have legs currently or in the future?

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 12:02
Well, it's given us something to talk about. It's a bit of an antidote to all the guff about what's happening in Russia and SW London that I am desperately hoping to avoid but seemingly cannot.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 12:03
Am I the only one who is bored with this? If I am honest the chance of many , if any, of us posters being told what is going on by a well informed source is almost zero so until an announcement is made it is pure conjecture , which is perfectly admissible on a public forum but not for me. I have no idea what is going on.

MESSAGES->author
02 July, 2018 12:41
But it has livened up the forum getting us prepared for all that is to come.

It’s a good conversation and it is very relevant, does it really matter how much we do or don’ut know. It has never impeded our opinions before.

JP

Mikey40
Mikey40 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 12:43
Rollo, me neither! I'm just passing on a conversation I heard, whether it applies to Warriors moving forward who knows! Thought just let the forum know... been a slow few weeks! We wait to hear more concrete news in due course no doubt!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 20:46
To be honest i’ve lost interest. If we haven’t managed to get someone to put pen to paper after 10 months either the cash wringers who are supposed to be pushing Sale details of the club have been poor and slow and / or the interested parties now in the frame have had plenty of due diligence time spent on them which will have identified any flaws in their plans, connections or financing.

As to “ well received” will be a personal judgement on where the money is really coming from for supporters. It would be disappointing if many could or would overlook questions about owners credentials just because we were winning on the pitch. Hopefully due diligence work ensures the choice is a good one.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 21:34
We have nothing else to discuss in the off-season.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 06:46
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Bolsover quoted on sale.

Not sure how to interpret the article.

Coincidence with this thread? Doubt it.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 09:40
So is Warriors23 a Trojan Horse?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 12:04
The article says nothing and seeks only to fill space on Web or WEN paper.

Having waited this long for holding statements, just let us know when it has actually happened, and who it is, as the interim stuff seems lacking in substrance.....IMO.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 17:37
It's the timing which intrigues me here. Seemingly out of the blue we have the previously very accurate Warrior 23 followed by the WN article. As FF points out that only contains a "wait and see" comment from Bolsover.

But...

Whilst it could be that the WN were simply picking up on Warrior23's post and put the question to the Chairman, I choose to believe that there is indeed something "up".

I'm not expecting an immediate announcement but it could well be that before the season gets under way that ownership had changed.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 20:30
Sorry to sound negative, but in my view it's lazy journalism.
WN have picked up the story from Warrior23 and ran with the story, especially as Warrior23 has a knack of being very right.
Do I think a new owner will be announced.....yes as it's about time.
But would not be surprised if the deal takes a few more months to go live, as let's be honest no one is going to make money out of Warriors or for that matter Premiership Rugby.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 21:05
FWIW this article was in the works before this thread, although the interview with BB was on Sunday.

Just adds more credence to the fact that something’s happening.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 22:29
Somebody on Shedweb claims to know something:-

[www.rugb.co.uk]

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 06:54
There is a press conference scheduled for Friday... just like every other club in the Prem.

It's fixtures release day after all!!

I'd be amazed if they announced any sale at the same time.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 08:00
Quote:
A38
Somebody on Shedweb claims to know something:-
[www.rugb.co.uk]

Glaws fans were first to find out we were up for sale so why shouldn't they be first to find out we've been sold?

Whatever you do, do it safely!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 09:26
They found out by some clumsy words at a supporters meeting, I don't think this has happened this time and the poster GS has as much chance of finding out as we do. As USA says fixtures out and normal practise.

MESSAGES->author
05 July, 2018 09:50
Agreed Rollo.

Suggest Spring 2019 at the earliest if at all.

Worcester Way
Worcester Way (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 15:06
I don’t think anybody really truly knows do they? Last I heard towards the end of last season was a consortium fronted by, but not necessarily financed by, Jed McCrory? Since then have heard nothing and unless somebody else can provide hard evidence otherwise I can’t see the club going anywhere soon. Maybe a prospective buyer might be waiting to see how the current playing staff perform at the start of this season?

Who knows hey?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net