rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Friendlies sold out
Fiver (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:31
Just looked on the offy and it says both Hartpury and Moseley games are sold out. I'm quite surprised by this.

Freypal
Re: Friendlies sold out
Freypal (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:46
The press conference notes from today seem to suggest the Mose game isn't even confirmed yet either as below copy and paste? Maybe a website error...

Birmingham Moseley potential fixture

I am in talks with Simon Cross at Moseley and we are hopeful of a game in a couple of weeks’ time.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:56
I thought that the Moseley game was to be behind closed doors?

the barbarian
07 August, 2018 20:00
I've had a look on the tickets page and it says west stand only for the Moseley game

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 13:40
Neither are sold out.

There are plenty of seats for Hartpury and Moseley is not confirmed or configured on the system

Kiddysouth
Kiddysouth (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 13:54
Hi Yes Tickets are available. You need to contact the ticket office direct.

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 16:31
Given that we start against Wasps (not the easiest fixture) does anyone share my concern that our pre-season friendlies may not be demanding enough?
Looking at many other Prem teams their pre-season games are almost much more difficult, so, should we be playing a Pro 14 team rather than Hartpury or Treviso Bennetton? Should we be across the Channel playing some Frogs?
I cannot escape the feeling that come Saturday September 1st we might be in for bit of a wake-up! Hope I'm wrong though!

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 16:51
I am more concerned that the west stand is BL***y uncomfortable. why not use the east stand and have free access to the Moseley game. get more people in. The club are missing a trick here

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 08:10
Does anyone know when the Moseley game is on ?

If it's West Stand only they can't be expecting many.

I tend to agree with Kiddykid above, the friendlies are very low key and will not be good preparation for an encounter with Wasps.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 08:22
Moseley game is due to be the 23rd. Back channels suggest it will be open to the public.

The weakened schedule is a deliberate gamble to, hopefully, limit injuries so we can go in full strength.

FWIW player recently said it’s been the most full on pre-season that he’s been a part of. More contact (tackling) than they’ve ever done before.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 09:10
With the injuries suffered in previous pre-seasons perhaps the choice of games is deliberate.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 09:23
We had numerous injuries from the Moseley friendly last year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net