rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Cips at it again?
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 17:20
BBC just reported Danny Cipriani has been arrested in Jersey following a disturbance at a nightclub. Charged with 5 offences, including resisting arrest.

A great start to his Glaws career, to say nothing of his re-selection by EJ.

ROLLO on tour
Re: Cips at it again?
ROLLO (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 18:08
I am fed up with highly paid sportsman who don't know how to behave. Stokes IMHO was lucky , we will have to see what transpires with Cipriani, he is still innocent but still not a good example.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 18:15
Shedweb is quite a good read at the moment!

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 19:20
Remanded in custody until tomorrow.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 19:31
Absolute fool. I hope they throw the book at him (if he pleads or is found guilty). He has plenty of bad character.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 19:41
Dodged a bullet there if we were ever in the market for him.
Not acceptable at any age but he's not young anymore,he can't get away with things like this.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 20:31
Should ensure Glaws have a full season if his services without international interruptions. Heís slowly morphing into a modern day rugby version of George Best.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 21:07
Talking of which, you remind me of something I read in the Sunday Telegraph last week, and didnít get round to mentioning on here.

In a piece about EJís training squad selection, and a general comment about the worlds of premiership rugby and football, an interesting comment was made.

The England football captain, Harry Kane, is a young man who does not frequent nightclubs or other celebrity haunts, and maintains a clean-living, quietly spoken persona, and us seen as a great role model for the young. He has not been carded in either his club or national roles.

EJís selection includes former, and quite possibly, continuing, England Captain Dylan Hartley. Who as we all know, has been banned for 60 weeks of his professional career for punching, gouging, biting and abusing officials.

What a great role model for youngsters.

Is our traditional view of the values of our game under threat?

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 22:36
They have been for years. When you look at the hard facts of what happens how can the sport really preach about respect so much? The national game is almost as anti expansion as cricket and treats tier 2 nations appalingly, eye gouging/biting is semi regular, fighting happens regularly, outright cheating (blood capsules) probably happens regularly, players (including ours) are out getting drunk almost every weekend (not saying that's a problem), players are caught sending absolutely shameful texts about girls they've had sex with in a private team whatsapp group..... the list goes on.

Not saying the above happens in rugby any more than it does in other sports but other aports don't obsess about their 'values'. Rugby has a very weird and unhealthy obsession with preaching about respect when actually the sport is no better, and probably worse, than many others when it comes to things such as cheating, treating all equally etc etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2018 22:38 by WorcesterSauce.

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 23:28
I know, I shouldn't have, but when that was on the news tonight I burst out laughing!!

Wonder if Ben Stokes legal team are on a flight out to Jersey tonight?!

Sweet dreams Cips.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 06:43
With his previous offences an assault on a Police Officer isn't taken lightly probably why he's held in custody.

He may realise he isn't above the Law today.

His brief will have to earn his money with this.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 07:51
Good to see he passed the attitude test!

Paraphrase - 'don't you know who I am?!'

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 08:23
He could be in deep doo-doo with this. Feel sorry for Glouc. Burns gone, and may possibly have to be without Cips for a while, unless, as our learned friend pointed out, he can get hold of a very good legal team.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 08:32
Quote:
knightstemplar
With his previous offences an assault on a Police Officer isn't taken lightly probably why he's held in custody.
He may realise he isn't above the Law today.

His brief will have to earn his money with this.

Reading comments elsewhere, it seems overnight custody and a hearing the next day is par for the course on Jersey.

Significantly different legal system from the UK.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 08:39
Stokes wasn't lucky as he wasn't guilty of Affray. The jury took no time at all to find him and his co-defendant not guilty.

[en.wikipedia.org]

The whole trial was very badly reported, focussing soley on the actions of Stokes and not reporting very much else at all.

There are very serious doubts that if he hadn't been involved there would have been no charges brought at all.

Very disappointed with the bias shown on the BBC reports of the trial.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 08:47
Not guilty of charged offence. But appalling behaviour that could have resulted in serious harm. I think the difference is that Stokes incident was caught on camera and then you-tube. Everyone can come to their own conclusion.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 08:49
Quote:
TeflonTed

Oh yes! Based on Norman French law if I remember correctly.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 08:57
Quote:
A38
Quote:
TeflonTed

Oh yes! Based on Norman French law if I remember correctly.
and with local twists on that even, apparently.
Itís yet another wait and see Iím afraid. Shame he doesnít play for us, one of Mr McCroyís assumed Jersey backers could have called on his local legal beagles!!

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 09:04
Oh yes! Based on Norman French law if I remember correctly.[/quote]

Who is Norman French?

TVM Rides Again....Again
16 August, 2018 09:17
He changed his name to William the Conqueror - thought it was better branding for an invader.

(If we are being very tedious, genetically speaking Normans were of viking stock and their own place in their own right around the invasion, though paid homage to the King of France.

Prior to king John systematically losing all the French Holdings, the King of England (or their family) held (roughly) most of the western half of what we now called France, and France was the eastern.

Bet you all really wanted to know that....

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 09:25
Fined £2,000 after pleading guilty.

Edit....And £250 compensation to a female officer who suffered a bruised neck.

Sounds like a high tackle as well then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/08/2018 09:31 by TeflonTed.

TVM Rides Again....Again
16 August, 2018 09:28
Got away with that.

Can't imagine he'll learn much.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 09:52
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
He changed his name to William the Conqueror - thought it was better branding for an invader.

(If we are being very tedious, genetically speaking Normans were of viking stock and their own place in their own right around the invasion, though paid homage to the King of France.

Prior to king John systematically losing all the French Holdings, the King of England (or their family) held (roughly) most of the western half of what we now called France, and France was the eastern.

Bet you all really wanted to know that....

And of course John is a resident of Worcester. One of his nick names was Softsword which by implication means that he wasn't much of a Warrior!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 11:04
Quote:
TeflonTed
Fined £2,000 after pleading guilty.
Edit....And £250 compensation to a female officer who suffered a bruised neck.

Sounds like a high tackle as well then.

Action by Glaws to come and a charge by the RFU?

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 11:15
Norman is a corruption of Norseman.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 12:21
He needs some drinks counselling as he clearly cannot hold his.

Think he is still banned from driving following his early morning bump and tears at the scene a year or two ago, the end of season bus barging incident on a crawl and his wasted time in Melbourne.

The fine was probably the contents of his pocket while in custody, so will not hurt an alleged bit earning player in the Prem 1 bit.

Not bothered about Glaws internal treatment, or indeed his England prospects as a result of this matter.

The guy is a talent, but he clearly has demons to sort.

TVM Rides Again....Again
16 August, 2018 12:48
Quote:
Offa
Norman is a corruption of Norseman.

Every day is a school day.

Of course another of John's names was 'lackland' - which people assume is because of his inability to hold the Plantagenet heart land - but was a name bestowed upon him by has father Henry II as he did not have and was unlikely to have much land, being the youngest of 4 sons.

And yes, whilst a resident of Worcester, let us not forget he was very, very bad at Kinging.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 13:37
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
..... let us not forget he was very, very bad at Kinging.

.. as were all the Plantagenets, including his brother Richard, who said he would sell England if he could find a buyer. Bl**dy foreigners! Thank God we got rid of the French and now have a thoroughly British monarchy - oh, hang on...

TVM Rides Again....Again
16 August, 2018 14:21
They were bedeviled by medievil culture - with brother fighting brother and father fighting son.

One could argue strongly that Eleanor D'Aquitane was the glue that held the early rule together. But quite, the Lionheart spoke no English and spent little time here, preferring Aquitane and Crusading (he sold basically everything he could - including the famous England quote - to fund military adventure).

He was kidnapped on his way back through Germany and held for ransom - John tried to pay them to keep him!

Edward I had his achievements, if you aren't a Scot and Edward III was one of our better monarchs generally.

Edward II died in prison with a hot poker up his bottom though....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/08/2018 14:22 by TVM Rides Again.

PMB
PMB (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 14:33
Leopard & spots comes to mind

Brummagem Bertie
16 August, 2018 15:34
Quote:
TVM
Edward I had his achievements, if you aren't a Scot ...

Or Welsh, for that matter.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 16:28
Just love the way this thread has gone.

B u g g e r all to do with Cips, but who cares.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/08/2018 18:01 by TeflonTed.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 16:35
I read both of Dan Jones' excellent books on the plantagenet dynasty last year, and though I enjoyed them very much, I should have just waited for the TVM and Patgadd tome.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 18:46
Quote:
Underdog
I read both of Dan Jones' excellent books on the plantagenet dynasty last year, and though I enjoyed them very much, I should have just waited for the TVM and Patgadd tome.

My rather peculiar version of the History of England is still available for another month - I'm closing the site down in September having run out of things to say, but I'm dead chuffed to have reached 15,000 hits!

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 19:19
I could talk history all day. Cips cannot hold my attention for too long. Glad we stray off topic, does make it more interesting. Love your site Pat!

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 20:46
Quote:
Patgadd
Quote:
Underdog

My rather peculiar version of the History of England is still available for another month - I'm closing the site down in September having run out of things to say, but I'm dead chuffed to have reached 15,000 hits!
Excellent work! I'll give it a look see PG.

Brummagem Bertie
16 August, 2018 23:12
Quote:
TeflonTed
Shedweb is quite a good read at the moment!

Given the tone of a lot of the posts I've read I'm fully expecting to see the Shed sporting a fresh new coat of white paint. (Sm14)

TVM Rides Again....Again
17 August, 2018 07:50
Quote:
Underdog
Quote:
Patgadd
Quote:
Underdog

Excellent work! I'll give it a look see PG.

I will add a hit to your pile also.

And Dan Jones is a superb writer - one of a bunch of really good young historians coming through. Excellent choice.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 08:20
Well, seeing as it's good enough for Underdog and TVM, I've downloaded Dan Jones's book on to my Kindle. My limited knowledge of the Plantagenets is based on the books of Peter Ackroyd, who I would also recommend.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 09:07
I'd like to commend you, PG, on the veracity of your historical account. Its lovely to have the truth for once, rather than the edited and watered-down version served up in schools.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 09:16
Apologies for bringing this back around a bit, but some further context here. Essentially he's an idiot.

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 09:31
Yep, great rugby player, and prize nob.

Heís lucky she showed more working brain cells than him and didnít knee him in the nuts.

TVM Rides Again....Again
17 August, 2018 12:32
A very enjoyable website Patgadd - would you say I'm sorry I haven't a clue influences your writing style at all?!

This is a great para

Quote:
Patgadd
Ricky didnít fancy the job, so they drafted in Charles II. He had to promise not to be a Catholic, but had his fingers crossed at the time, so that was all right then. This period was called the Restoration, and the main thing he restored was the old royal tradition of having mistresses all over the place

Amusing - but entirely factually correct!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/08/2018 12:35 by TVM Rides Again.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 15:49
Cips now charged by the RFU.

Brummagem Bertie
17 August, 2018 17:04
Quote:
usa warrior
Cips now charged by the RFU.

Hearing next week.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 17:31
5 live reports fined 2 grand by glaws

ukms
ukms (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 17:36
Quote:
centrethere
5 live reports fined 2 grand by glaws

That will teach him smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 18:44
That may be the least of his worries.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 18:55
So £4K so far and RFU sanction still to come. Still loose change to him. Think some enforced community work with those helping folk with drink issues might be more poignant and stick more in his mind for the future imo. No doubt too judgemental for some.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 19:08
I was thinking more of EJís possible reaction.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 21:18
Well with Dylan in the Wings, Ashton, Solomana Marlet and Cipriani, itís quite role call of dishonour. Sounds like EJ might need to import some more skills from around the globe with the barest trace of English lineage to fill these gaps. Or out of blydi mindedness, pick them anyway!

Brummagem Bertie
21 August, 2018 12:55
FF, you forgot Manu, who, along with his on-field transgressions and general immature prattery around the 2011 RWC, also has convictions for assault x 2 (including a police officer, a woman - seems to be a trend) and criminal damage to a taxi.

If EJ did drop Celebrani from England reckoning you would have to ask why it is he was singled out, when his record is no worse than others in the team.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
21 August, 2018 17:21
BB, itís rare that I find a new word, and even rarer that it makes me laugh out loud.

Prattery....whether immature or not, is a cracker.

Thank you.

Brummagem Bertie
21 August, 2018 19:55
You're very welcome Ted.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
21 August, 2018 21:49
What term did you have for The Orange One Ted when he was being as big a knob as Cips? Must have rivalled prattery!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
21 August, 2018 21:52
Ah his problem was always a religious fervour....he spent too much time in Church.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
22 August, 2018 08:53
The Lancaster, Johnson era of needing to play for a top 6 team to get selected was a very difficult aspect of recruitment/ retention for us. Moody did not help. EJ, to his credit, is happy to pick players playing in any prem team (I do remember CP playing when we were in the Championship, but the exception does not prove the rule).
I want Eddie to do well with England, for the sake of England and the Warriors.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
22 August, 2018 09:20
Understood Offa.

I want Eddie to continue to make ďinterestingĒ selections for the sake of Wales!

Brummagem Bertie
22 August, 2018 19:38
Cips hearing tonight, in Brizzle.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 07:06
5 1/2 hours to find the charge upheld, but no further sanction.

No comment needed.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 07:19
[quote TeflonTed]5 1/2 hours to find the charge upheld, but no further sanction.

Interesting to note that the RFU panel appear to disagree with the magistrate that this was a minor incident.

Devonianwarrior
Devonianwarrior (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 08:14
I guess in terms of a criminal offence the magistrate deemed it minor but in terms of the behaviour of a top rugby player who is a role model the RFU deemed it serious.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 08:31
I remember when I saw it reported that Dallaglio was teetotal. This was back in the days where you expected rugby players to drink at least 25 pints before going for their third vindaloo. Professionalism had crept into the game and Lawrence wanted his shirt back after being dropped (if my hazy memory serves me).

Whilst I'm not against players enjoying the odd pint, the thought of test players binge drinking does smack of extreme arrogance to me.

Right, soap box varnished, off to groom the 'high' horse.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 10:16
Fiver,think you find it was a little more serious for Lol.

[www.google.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 12:53
Yeah, I glossed over that bit as I found out he was teetotal after the drugs stuff (I did mention he'd been dropped, only missed out why).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net