rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
New catering suppliers
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 14:43
Not sure that outsourcing the catering was needed.

I have always found the food more than acceptable at Sixways, in the ground and in the corporate areas, and have recommended it often.

Will wait and see if the quality and price remain as keen as in previous seasons.

[warriors.co.uk]

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Patgadd
Re: New catering suppliers
Patgadd (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 15:35
Well, Gus has still failed to deliver on his stadium naming rights promise ("top priority" were his words), so he has to justify his existence I suppose

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 17:01
PE,
Quote:
from the article
VCP are an established sports venue catering company who offer a hybrid model that operates on behalf of the club, while the club has control of their brand, pricing and suppliers.

Hopefully, that means continuity of supply and quality, whilst if there is a significant price hike that will be down to the club, not VCP.

Quote:
This bodes well
VCPís current clients include ... Hull City, a venue which they have managed to the Stadium Experience Matchday Hospitality Experience award three times in the last four years, ahead of all major sports stadiums in the UK.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 17:30
I am aware that Programme selling opportunities were outsourced as late as last week so it seems to be a deliberate move by the club. Maybe the Bars will be next or weíll adopt Briz self pour prepaid card route?

Hope the changes will work for the all important paying customer.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 21:44
If it 'aint broke don't' fix it as the saying goes.They will have to work hard to improve over the last two seasons. We get good remarks about our food offering even on ShedWeb and we know how difficult they are to please.
If it goes anything like at New Road it will be a complete disaster where the food this season has been an embarrassment in every way - selection/variety especially.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 22:41
Well, we shall soon get a taste of it!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 06:18
.... providing youírenot stuck on Pershore Lane due to Parking issues with the new outsourced parking arrangements!

Hope itís good.

Hoppy
Hoppy (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 07:15
Spare a thought for those Warriors staff who have worked hard for the club for many years and now work for VCP. Probably protected by TUPE but can no longer claim they work for Worcester Warriors which many of them were proud to do.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 10:10
I would imagine that it's hard for Warriors to run things like catering when it's only every two weeks or so, and that's limited to the season.

I know certain employees will be catering throughout the year with the functions etc.., but it seems that the casual labour market is getting a bit choosy.

Putting on my rose tinted specs, when I were a lad you jumped at the opportunity to get a days work. Nowadays, that just doesn't seem the case. You'd assume that with a university and several sixth forms in the area there would be plenty of willing youngsters, but apparently it isn't the case.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 13:13
Yes,quite.
I caught the end of the era when you could work plenty when you were under 16.
I had summer and weekend jobs from 13-16 in the mid nineties.Mostly cash in hand.
Try telling your kids that working voluntarily will look good on their CV.Falls on deaf ears!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 13:19
Trouble is with casual/very part time employees thereís a huge lack of experience and competence.

The only disagreement I had with anybody at 6Ways last season was with a young lady server who made my 2 pinter of Guinness by pouring 2 x 1 points together.

There was a head of about 30% of the pot, and when I asked for a top-up she poured a fresh one with another 30% head.

It got awkward at that point.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 13:27
Quote:
TeflonTed
Trouble is with casual/very part time employees thereís a huge lack of experience and competence.
The only disagreement I had with anybody at 6Ways last season was with a young lady server who made my 2 pinter of Guinness by pouring 2 x 1 points together.

There was a head of about 30% of the pot, and when I asked for a top-up she poured a fresh one with another 30% head.

It got awkward at that point.
So was there a head in the middle of your 2 pinter?

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 13:29
But won't the new caterers also have to use casual staff ? Maybe they will be more competent as they can also place them for work elsewhere , meaning they are not strictly casual?
Time will tell.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 16:42
The new outsourced companies will most likely have a pool of existing staff to draw on who they will use rather than employee new staff or take over former casuals.

Re casual work or ĎSaturdayí staff, the labour market has changed plenty due to increased Part time worker supply and demand with flexible hours not being restricted to Monday to Friday but cutting across the traditional weekend options. More adults with perceived or demonstrated common sense, and time to flex, get the jobs and even willing and able goof are passed over when they get back into term time.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 20:43
The chef from the scrum club was doing a stint on the pulled pork roll stand today, as the SC was not operating. Very nice roll but at £5.70 it needed to be. That is a " tasty " price IMHO.

Terrywb
Terrywb (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 21:54
I appreciate this is a really negative comment and that today was a preseason game, but Iím really fed up of leaving my seat at half time to get a beer and not getting back to my seat until after the second half has started. I donít care who does the catering just so long as it gets better, there does need to be a step change. User experience is awful. Been to many prem grounds and sixways is by far the worse.

I would add ther were some brilliant performances on the pitch - well done, canít wait for season to start.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/08/2018 22:05 by Terrywb.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 09:59
Terry, youíre not as fed up about the beer queues as those of us who sit near a vomitory entrance and can see feck all for the last 5 minutes of the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second.

I like a beer or 3 more than most, but can manage for an hour and a half on a Saturday afternoon without.

Friday nights were a different story mind!

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 11:04
Let's give the new guys a chance before putting the boot in.
We are a rugby club, not a catering company & I agree with above beer queue is shocking.
Worked in a pub many, many years ago as a student & I could improve things dramatically.
These guy should should know how to deliver a lot of beer & food in a short period of time.
They do it, winning awards, in Hull thus why not Sixways. The more beer & food we sell the better the experienc for the Supporters & more money for the club.
Just hope the chips & sausage are just as good.

Some change is for the good, some may not work.
But we can't just carry on as we have done for the years before.
Thus my opening of 'let's give the new guys a chance'

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 12:03
Save your money for the pub after. You'll get much more choice, a much better pint, in much nicer surroundings with a much shorter queue.

Always find it bizarre hearing about peoples food/drink woes at Sixways. I quite often think people are there more for the food/beer than the rugby. I've never witnessed anything like Worcester fans obsession with catering from any other club. You can guarentee there will be almost a weekly post on it.

Whereas not for me, I understand some people like to have a drink and get food at the rugby. But then either don't moan, or, if it's that bad, don't buy. And if you can't go for more than 2 hours without food/drink then help is needed!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 13:52
I went to Treviso, went for a beer at half time. I was the queue, no one else there. Waited patiently for the two ladies at the payment booth to eventually stop talking, paid my money, got my slip of paper and off to the bar. Accepted that in Europe you don't get the amount of beer you've paid for. Missed the start of the first half. Flimsey plastic cup as well.

That's not to say the sixways staff know how to do things quickly, but we're definitely not the worst.

Terrywb
Terrywb (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 21:36
Thanks TT, BB and WS, all of whom I respect, but I didnít realise I was being so unreasonable, my fault I must learn to ration when and where I consume beer ( Iím sure Mrs.T would agree)

Let us all hope it gets better, then I can have a good day out without feeling guilty.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 21:57
Reasonable comment Terry, and Iím sure none of us begrudge you your beer. But thereís a clear issue with some folk who have no regard for the sight-lines of others who wish to watch the game, and make the same predictable trips to the bars (and then the bogs) at every game. Turn up 5 mins late pushing oats with full pints, off again at min. 35/6, back late for second half ko, big run and top up at min 65/6. Itís just rude.

Iím sure youíre not one of them.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 22:14
Quote:
TeflonTed
Turn up 5 mins late pushing oats with full pints, off again at min. 35/6, back late for second half ko, big run and top up at min 65/6. Itís just rude.

I am but one or two vomitories away from you, and what amuses (and irritates) me is that some people regularly top up 5 minutes before HT. The result is that, just as hundreds of supporters are trying to exit at half time for a beer, a pee or whatever, these folk are coming back up against the tide and causing confusion and chaos in the vomitories. It irritates me because they are a d*mned nuisance, and amuses me because, well, it's funny to watch if you're not in a hurry yourself.

Terrywb
Terrywb (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 22:15
Couldnít agree more, and rest assured TT Iím not one of those who have disregard for others. Iíd like to think Iím reasonably spatially aware and considerate.

Changing the subject, just because I can.... I was so impressed with the Japanese supporters who cleared up after themselves at the soccer World Cup, Iíd happily do the same at Sixways, anyone with me?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 22:44
Quote:
Terrywb
Couldnít agree more, and rest assured TT Iím not one of those who have disregard for others. Iíd like to think Iím reasonably spatially aware and considerate.
Changing the subject, just because I can.... I was so impressed with the Japanese supporters who cleared up after themselves at the soccer World Cup, Iíd happily do the same at Sixways, anyone with me?

Doesnít seem to much if problem around where I sit, at least while thereís a quid deposit on beers pots!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 10:19
I've always taken my rubbish with me. The bin is only a handful of yards away. Too many for some, it would seem.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 10:35
Quote:
Terrywb
I appreciate this is a really negative comment and that today was a preseason game, but Iím really fed up of leaving my seat at half time to get a beer and not getting back to my seat until after the second half has started. I donít care who does the catering just so long as it gets better, there does need to be a step change. User experience is awful. Been to many prem grounds and sixways is by far the worse.
I would add ther were some brilliant performances on the pitch - well done, canít wait for season to start.

Is this in terms of food or beer? I've heard from many travelling fans that the food at Sixways is much better than other grounds. I personally think the quality of the grub at the Scrum Club is great value.

Yes there are beer queues same with every sporting venue!

Have you been to the Rec? Beer queues, food and toilets are all horrendous. Great setting mind.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 11:42
Quote:
Fiver
I've always taken my rubbish with me. The bin is only a handful of yards away. Too many for some, it would seem.

+1

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 22:42
I always do and instill this mentality in my children.
We make the mess, we clear it up. Is it too much to ask?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net