rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Bauer
Re: New Owners
Bauer (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:17
Nope, played rugby at the Wanderers for 9 seasons know a few on here personally, and been a season ticket holder a while,

101proof
101proof (IP Logged)
Quote:
Bauer
It bugs me when people just keep writing the same thing over and over, I hardly dodged the question he made a statement. Please donít suggest I am stupid, stooping to that level is unnecessary.
My point still stands, if youíre really interested in what happened at Swindon ask Ged.

Look Iím done here, you guys want to keep panicking fine. I just donít appreciate you attacking sa friend without actual facts.

This is my first comment on this.

The problem with your interjection is that there are actual facts backing up a lot of concerns that have been raised on this forum.

There is the factual evidence of JM being called a liar by a judge in a trial that JM lost relating to the Swindon Town affair.

The information from companies House sheds light on the new management structure of the club and how the shares have been divided.

The information is also legitimately available on how the P Shares of the club are now collateral for a finance company if the club is relegated.

There are several negative news articles available on JM and given his history of taking legal action against this kind of thing I am led to believe those articles left in the public domain are (at least for the most part) accurate.

It is very clear that someone who had no interest in the club could use it to make some fast money and move on leaving the club in a far worse state than it is now.

JM has a terrible reputation so it is very easy to see why people are very concerned on the future of the club. If you can't see why this is then I'm surprised.

Now you have come into the conversation defending JM as he is your friend. Which I do appreciate, however you have no evidence (none that you have shown anyway) that confirms his honourable intentions. In fact your defence is basically "my mate says everything is fine". Given the current available information it seems far more likely that your friend has lied to you or you yourself are lying than the other organisations have their facts wrong.

Now the problem we have is that JM's history is so bad and that this information has come to light its going to be very difficult for anyone to trust anything JM says. The only way he can win people over (as far as I can see) is by his actions. If in a few years we are seeing investment and development then a great many people should be eating humble pie.

I truly hope that you are right but so far I would bet on Warriors being in a very bad place in 5 to 10 years time.

There have been complaints that a statement hasn't come out but I'm not sure if this would have made a difference. It would need to have addressed the very specific concerns people have and his bad reputation to put people at ease and would also likely have had to go into detail on his finances and backing. This is far more than I would expect an owner to have to do and people would accuse it of being lies anyway. A simple hello would have been nice but people probably would read too much into that.

For now as it stands this is all done anyway and very little can be done. Todays game has shown there is still plenty to cheer about at sixways so if any season ticket holders quit going then I feel they would be cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

In fact I think the best thing for everyone to do now is to support the team more than ever, get people down and spend money and cheer the team on. The better they do and the more money they bring in then (IF JM did have plans to strip the club) this might be enough to change his mind. If sixways has a great atmosphere and starts doing better financially it would be less of an incentive to stop investing. So i for one will support the club more than ever. If I do ever bump into JM I will shake his hand and wish him the best and hope that the attitude of the supporters of the club inspires him to look after us in the way Cecil has/does.

That is all.

yellow450
Yeller (IP Logged)
Quote:
Bauer
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!
Interesting that BT Sport approached the new owners for a statement and they declined to comment. They clearly have no intention of putting out any sort of statement any time soon.

It was in the program and he was with his family today and didnít want to.

...and this is pathetic, he has just took over a multi million pound business. It is his first game at the helm, covered by a major TV company and he 'doesn't want to' talk to them. You are f0cking deranged

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 21:26
Bauer, why on earth should we listen to you? What makes you the definitive charecter reference for McCrory.

You could be his love child for all we know, the lanuage and attitude speaks volumes.

McCrory will speak to any of us but cant fnd time to talk to BT Sport. BOVINE EXCRETA!!

Please produce jus a single piece of publically available and verified nformaion that shows McCrory in a good light.

Wanting to focus on the youth of the ounty will not keep us in the prem. Has to focus on staying in the prem AND create something for the youth.

He hasn't got a clue what a premiersp rgby club is about

JP

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 21:54
Quote:
Bauer
It bugs me when people just keep writing the same thing over and over, I hardly dodged the question he made a statement. Please donít suggest I am stupid, stooping to that level is unnecessary.
My point still stands, if youíre really interested in what happened at Swindon ask Ged.

Look Iím done here, you guys want to keep panicking fine. I just donít appreciate you attacking sa friend without actual facts.

1- re-read the post. Simon G asked you a question. The clue is in the question mark.
2- i didnt suggest you were stupid. In fact i gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were intellegiant enough to understand the point Simon was making.
3- it only bugs you that people are bringing up a high court judges thoughts because it is a fact that goes completely against your agenda. Would it bug you if the same people were saying the same things you are and siding with you?No.
4- is the opinion of the high court judge not an actual fact?
5- Youíve come on here and put an unbelievably weak argument forward. Once youíve have had it questioned and scrutinised you decide not to answer the questions and then claim youíre ďdoneĒ and want out. Your name isnít Nigel Farage, is it?

Honestly, i actually have some sympathy with what youíre saying but you arenít helping yourself, are you?

Bauer
Bauer (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 21:59
Very mature JP, I guess as others have said letís see what happens, however please in the future if you want to insult me, by questioning by attitude or choice of language I suggest you come and see me personally, you can find me in the disabled area of the east stand Iíll be with with my dad, we can discuss this then in a civilised manner

Bauer
Bauer (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 22:33
Worcester sauce some of those points are a bit unnecessary I genuinely donít want to get in to some sort of forum fight, itís not up to me to talk about Jed and his personal dealings, I was simply urging people with concerns to approach Jed with them directly.

There seems to a complete fear that based on what is on the net that Ged is going to destroy Worcester. I love this club itís some of the best times Iíve spent with my Dad as an adult and I, as much as others on here want the best for the club and see us do well.

This sort of negativity just isnít the way to go, rather than it being all doom and gloom, speak to him, get all the worries out in the open. If we start his tenure like this it will only get worse.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 22:39
Quote:
Bauer
Worcester sauce some of those points are a bit unnecessary I genuinely donít want to get in to some sort of forum fight, itís not up to me to talk about Jed and his personal dealings, I was simply urging people with concerns to approach Jed with them directly.
There seems to a complete fear that based on what is on the net that Ged is going to destroy Worcester. I love this club itís some of the best times Iíve spent with my Dad as an adult and I, as much as others on here want the best for the club and see us do well.

This sort of negativity just isnít the way to go, rather than it being all doom and gloom, speak to him, get all the worries out in the open. If we start his tenure like this it will only get worse.

But they werenít ďpersonal dealingsĒ. The dealings werr made public, for all to see. Again, you are trying to sweep counter arguments made against what youíve said under the carpet as merely being ďunnecessaryĒ. They arenít. They are relevant because they are to do with his time at a sports club before ours. This forum is and will continue to be a very good way of indirectly communicating fans concerns to the club. Iím pretty sure Jed will have read this thread with interest which is why it is all the more suprising as to why he hasnít come out to quash what has been said. Weíll all continue to wait with baited breath.

MESSAGES->author
08 October, 2018 06:37
Word words words Bauer, as requested please produce just one single publically available and verifiable piece of information supporting his good chatacter.

Stop dancing around my word - your word.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 06:53 by Faithful_City.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 06:44
Bauer, I think an impartial judge with an opinion based on fact is a better judge of character than the man himself.

Ps - I hope your first name isnít Jack. If it is, I wholeheartedly take this comment back.

Bauer
Bauer (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 07:14
For the love of God Iím not sweeping anything, the events that led up to the court decision and what happened afterwards arenít public knowledge. Thatís Jedís own personal business. I set out at the start of this to try and calm fears, I believe I started off with in my first post that heís not the demon heís being made out to be, I simply suggested those with real concerns talk to him directly.

I did, I said that I really hoped we werenít going to become a football club with that mentality, he assured me not, heís passionate about the youth set up and spiort for young people of Worcester in general.

He could of been spinning me a big lie, yeah maybe he wants to turn 6 ways in to KFC land but itís not how he set it up for me.

He talked to me because I asked him straight, Iím purely suggesting some of you do the same

101proof
101proof (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 08:19
Quote:
Bauer
For the love of God Iím not sweeping anything, the events that led up to the court decision and what happened afterwards arenít public knowledge. Thatís Jedís own personal business. I set out at the start of this to try and calm fears, I believe I started off with in my first post that heís not the demon heís being made out to be, I simply suggested those with real concerns talk to him directly.
I did, I said that I really hoped we werenít going to become a football club with that mentality, he assured me not, heís passionate about the youth set up and spiort for young people of Worcester in general.

He could of been spinning me a big lie, yeah maybe he wants to turn 6 ways in to KFC land but itís not how he set it up for me.

He talked to me because I asked him straight, Iím purely suggesting some of you do the same

At this point there isn't any point speaking to him. The evidence available (as detailed above which you continue to ignore) paints him as a very untrustworthy individual surely you can see that?. The only way he could convince me of his good intentions is by actions.

The comments on developing youth isn't new. Dean Ryan was banging on about that years ago as has talk of developing sixways and sponsors.

So far even the news on the consortium hasn't been completely clear with names put forward that aren't anywhere in official documents. The Errol Pope stuff is just weird, looking at the website that was provided on its own is a big worry. What on earth is that about? I wouldn't work with anyone if they gave me that mess as an advert of their credentials.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 09:09
I posted this on the thread regarding yesterdays game, but it belongs just as well on this one as a test of the new owners commitment to the rugby side

I think that Weir is only on a year long contract, if that is the case we would be looking at getting him signed up for longer NOW. I also think that Heem's contract is up a the end of the year and there are rumours that he is off to Japan en-route to gong back home. First test of the new owners should be getting him signed up on a new contract regardless of the cost - we can't afford to lose both Heem and Adams at the same time at the end of the season

MESSAGES->author
08 October, 2018 09:15
Bauer you believed him, the judge didnt and made it a public judgement!

McCrory did not disagree and what was said was extremely detrimental to his future. Why did he not take action to get that corrected does he not care about his future or was it an accurate assesment of his character.

JP

Bauer
Bauer (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 09:25
Iíve said my piece, I completely understand the fear and Iíve made a suggestion you ask him yourself, I donít want to be drawn in to this anymore, Keep on having a dig at me if you like, I donít think anything Iíve said is unreasonable and as I said before JP you know where to find me if you would like a civilised chat.

MESSAGES->author
08 October, 2018 09:34
Garym's post makes a very pertinent point. In the fog and high emotion of many of the posts on this thread please will some of you please calm down. We cannot change the facts of having a new owner - so we better get used to it. OK, a judge said what he said and some of the financial matters exposed from companies house may make some raise their eyebrows.

BUT : A couple of conversations (not with the new owners) at yesterday's game made me rethink.

1. We have a team and group of players producing rugby of a quality few of us have seen at Sixways for a long time. Gelling in the way they have over the last 6 games has been superb. I doubt if their development is finished. The punters want and may probably get more games and results like yesterday.

2. There are no journeymen in the squad, by all accounts many are very happy in Worcester and wives etc are wanting to put down roots.

3. If the new owners plans, outlined to me, are to believed they are commercially reasonable. However, property development plans will take a couple of years to come to fruition.

So all I am waiting for is

a) A continuation of the now evident playing standard.
b) An announcement in due course from the owners of the actual plans.
c) A good conclusion to the contract negotiations with the players in the next couple of months prior to Christmas.

All I care about is the welfare of the club (without extraneous emotion on matters none of us can control) and my last point about player contract negotiations is the absolute key in the short term. It will also show the real intent of the owners very quickly.

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 11:02
Quote:
Bauer
SimonG19, whatís your point? If you have a real problem with him and the situation maybe you should talk to him?

Little point talking to you/your boss as you/he talks a good game. The proof of the pudding is what you/he does and what he has done in the past is a matter of public record commented on by the Judge. That's my point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 11:05 by SimonG19.

MESSAGES->author
beav1s (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 11:20
Quote:
Bauer

I spoke to him when he took over at Swindon. He said practically the same thing that was in the note in Sundays match program.Will he do his "ROOOAAARRRRRR" for me if I speak to him?

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2018 08:14
Still waiting!!

Whilst we wait(could be a long time) some details about Lansdowne building it has 297 companies registered to it none of them with assets over£1.5m

This is where PopeBrooks is registered, just had another read of their website and have come to the conclusion that whoever constructed it never got past year 6.

Companies Lansdowne Building

JP

backrow
backrow (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:01
If this the same lot that got their hands on Hereford Utd what was said when asked about the club "we got your club " now p-ss off .

MESSAGES->author
beav1s (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:26
Quote:
backrow
If this the same lot that got their hands on Hereford Utd what was said when asked about the club "we got your club " now p-ss off .

That was Tommy Agombar. Good friend of McCrory and involved with him in his time at Swindon.

MESSAGES->author
Grasshopper (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 13:44
I agree with you about the website content, JP. Year 6 seems flattering though.

I see that they boast a ďDocument draftingĒ service. Obviously their ďexpertsĒ werenít allowed to have any input, not even to assist with the proofreading....or perhaps they were....😏

serge
serge (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 13:42
with regards to comments on increasing matchday spend and sponsorship, as as former rugby club employee I could shed some light.

If Greene King are paying 175k a year, that is low. It will also be tied in with barrelage fees, where they charge x amount for each barrel of beer, which decreases on volume. Therefore, the value of beer contracts is very difficult to assess without knowing the details, but if 175k is correct, that would be a fairly high fee for a brewer, and they are unlikely to be putting in 175k in cash into the club. It could even be costes as "promotional spend", ie putting a worcester logo on beer mats, which has zero value but can be costed to fool inexperienced managers.

It looks like there was no main sponsor interested, so a deal was cobbled together as the shirt production deadline approached to do the best possible. Fees of up to 250k or higher is possible. There is no chance that GK will put in 100k more for the stadium, and if they were going to, it wouldnt be in cash, and would be dependent on a huge upswing in beer sales.

With regards to an average supporter spend increase of 5GBP per head, it just doesnt happen, Worcester, to my neglible knowledge are a bsaically run rugby club, with a programme, bar, shop and every normal way of making money, so there is no easy win to do this. Just as sudden increases in attendance dont happen, this is the fantasy of a man with no plan. If these things have occured, they are linked to improved team performance, which costs money in salaries.

Apologies if this isnt what the optimistic wanted to read, but it is disrespectful to the professionals who work in sport to think that they arent trying or know so little that people can come in from outside and do it over night. I have no irons in the fire, other than a general interest in rugby, and contempt for nonsense.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 13:47
One of our former commercial staff is returning from Coventry Rugby club at the end of the month to.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 16:32
Quote:
serge
Worcester, to my neglible knowledge are a bsaically run rugby club, with a programme, bar, shop and every normal way of making money, so there is no easy win to do this. Just as sudden increases in attendance dont happen, this is the fantasy of a man with no plan. If these things have occured, they are linked to improved team performance, which costs money in salaries.
I have no irons in the fire, other than a general interest in rugby, and contempt for nonsense.

Mmmm, you sure you didnít have a hand in writing the brookspope website?

I also see you have 376 posts recorded on sports network, but if Iím not mistaken weíve not heard from you on this board before?

Please correct me if this is wrong.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 21:00
Richest Gallagher Premiership owners revealed...

I'll leave it to our resident bean-counters to comment.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 21:12
Interesting.Our Jed has peanuts compared to the rest! But it's our peanuts and if he delivers on his promises I'll be a happy man.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

neiljk
neiljk (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 06:03
Which promises would they be then? Over two weeks in and apart from the minimal programme comments absolutely nothing from the new owners....

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 06:48
Im surprised there is no comment on the rugby wins especially Stade from the Consortium(?) particularly from the rugby element?

I belive they are commentable on!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 07:14
Quote:
Abberley

Very difficult to comment when there is no explanation on how they have arrived at virtually all of the figures!

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 07:36
Nothing there that couldnít be googled.

Tripe.

And Iím not a bean counter.

MESSAGES->author
Butthead (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 08:03
Agree with others, a pretty vague article. Most worrying is that if we believe that valuation, Jed's "fortune" will cover just under 1 year's losses on recent performance, so what's the plan after that?

Hopefully we will hear soon.

MESSAGES->author
16 October, 2018 08:21
I find it absolutely incredible the total lack of respect JM and his gang has shown to the club, the game and more importantly the supporters!!!

We have just beaten Bristol our biggest rivals with the biggest ever score we have had since joining "the club" in May 2004!

Then the 8 days later beat the 2nd best club in France with our 2nd team. Stade had 13 Internationals in their 23!!!

Not a word

Not a well done

Nothing

It really does demonstrate what he and his gang think of us and the club, just a potential mega profit.

No knowledge of the sport
No PASSION for the sport
No Passion for the club

I am also incredibly disappointed in Bill Bolsover because he has not said a word of congratulations.

Maybe they did not want us to win the game as it means they may have to fund another season in the Premiership!

JP

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 08:34
I'm just trying to remember what, if anything, was said by the previous owners when they took over along the lines you suggest. But perhaps they didn't have the recent successes to celebrate?

B-road
16 October, 2018 08:38
Quote:
Faithful_City
I find it absolutely incredible the total lack of respect JM and his gang has shown to the club, the game and more importantly the supporters!!!
We have just beaten Bristol our biggest rivals with the biggest ever score we have had since joining "the club" in May 2004!

Then the 8 days later beat the 2nd best club in France with our 2nd team. Stade had 13 Internationals in their 23!!!

Not a word

Not a well done

Nothing

It really does demonstrate what he and his gang think of us and the club, just a potential mega profit.

No knowledge of the sport
No PASSION for the sport
No Passion for the club

I am also incredibly disappointed in Bill Bolsover because he has not said a word of congratulations.

Maybe they did not want us to win the game as it means they may have to fund another season in the Premiership!

JP

To be fair, I don't remember the previous owners saying much either after any wins. Did they comment after Exeter and Leicester wins last year ?

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 09:19
Spot on KDDDD,

How many times did Greg or David ever make a statement for the consumption of supporters ?

The answer is that they didn't.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 09:38
They may well have said something in person to the players.. No public statement required. Bill is often in the South Stand during home games and leaves via the West stand end . Perhaps he may have access to the dressing room? May have popped his head around the dressing room door?

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 09:46
Quote:
Abberley

Well if the rest of the article is as accurate as the picture of the Harlequins owner Duncan Saville which is actually former Chief Exec Mark Evans then it's not worth much.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 11:33
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Abberley

Well if the rest of the article is as accurate as the picture of the Harlequins owner Duncan Saville which is actually former Chief Exec Mark Evans then it's not worth much.

Good spot Simon.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 14:22
KDDDD is 100% correct.

Why should the owners come out and make a statement? They have bought a rugby club that has existing management structures in place, it is very much business as usual. Also why would someone want to talk to fans directly when he may encounter those on this forum who have been nothing but rude about them ever since there name was mentioned as part of a takeover.

MESSAGES->author
Butthead (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 16:02
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Also why would someone want to talk to fans directly when he may encounter those on this forum who have been nothing but rude about them ever since there name was mentioned as part of a takeover.

Maybe to put them right, and convince them of his good intentions and the source of the £5M per annum funding to plug well reported previous losses, while maintaining our (now) competitive playing squad?

neiljk
neiljk (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 16:21
Nothing but rude?

Really.

Most on here have simply been questioning. Given that we mostly have followed and supported the club for many years itís not terribly unreasonable to expect some sort of engagement from the new owners.

The prior negative media coverage of the people involved is not caused by Warriors fans and tbf, with that coverage itís not entirely unreasonable to expect people to be minimally questioning.

To say nothing just creates further speculation.

Brummagem Bertie
16 October, 2018 17:20
Quote:
A38
I'm just trying to remember what, if anything, was said by the previous owners when they took over along the lines you suggest. But perhaps they didn't have the recent successes to celebrate?

When the Allens took over in 2013 and appointed Dean Ryan there was a large event held for season ticket and debenture holders, where the vision and 5-year plan for the club, on and off the field, was set out by Ryan and Anthony Glossop, I think. I also seem to remember Greg Allen being introduced on stage and saying a few words.

You're right about them not having any successes to celebrate, however: we lost 9 out of 10 Premiership matches between January 1 2013 and the end of the season, culminating in the debacle at the Kassam, when we were well beaten by an already relegated London Welsh.

Southstand(again)
16 October, 2018 17:30
I think the problem with most of us who came on the Worcester "Journey" was that CD was quite happy to be seen and heard and loved to get feedback on something he clearly loved creating.
I have clear memories of Cecil sitting next to me at the first game we played in front of the newly opened south stand and him excitedly asking what I thought of the view.

In 2013 it became obvious to all but the most blinkered that the club had grown too big for Cecil's pocket and we needed new "Money" on the board.

Cue Cecil's Geneva based mate David who we understood "Wanted to keep a low profile" Eventually David Allen agreed to become majority shareholder and the Hockley Inv. company was set up to finance the club. Tony Harris was Hockley's representative on the board but again was someone who kept that same low profile. Even when David's son Greg took over this latest new owner continued to be conspicuous by the same shunning of publicity.

Why then is it such a "big deal" for our new owners to continue a trend begun by their predecessors ?

Not one of us have questioned this lack of publicity before.

If the new ownership continue to invest in the team - I'll be happy
if the new ownership create a successful team - I'll be happy
If the new ownership sell off some of the "Family silver" to achieve it- I'll be happy
If the new ownership actually make money while they are at it - I'll be happy.

The way the club was being managed needed to change and the losses were unsustainable.

I still remain firmly in the "Let's wait and see" camp.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 18:07
So am I Southstand(again) Lets wait and see.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 18:09
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Spot on KDDDD,
How many times did Greg or David ever make a statement for the consumption of supporters ?

The answer is that they didn't.

Hear hear !

MESSAGES->author
Jim H (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 18:28
Just to give my 2p worth, it is odd that nothing is coming out from the new owner(s). Whenever any sports club/team is bought out there is always some public conference where they profess their love for the team/sport, how they want to drive it to new heights of success and how they'll move the club on over the next 3/5 whatever years.

It's done to show everyone that he owners have a plan, vision and target, it sells beleif in the club. To do nothing at all, when the only stuff people can read about you online is really negative is wierd.

Think back to when Premiership clubs chnanged hands - Wray did it at Sarries, Orange did it did it at Sale, the bloke at Newcs did it, Exe have done it (via Baxter), Lansdown did when he came on (and still does it see info about new training ground, stadium development etc..).

McCrory is creating a vacuum and it's getting filled with negative impresssions. They've had plenty of time to do something but appear to be doing very little. They could have said "well speak to all the players/staff then announce plans" but haven't - do they have any plans? Any vision? Any money? Contract renewal time will be interesting......

GrubberKk
GrubberKk (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 07:43
As the saying goes..."no smoke without fire".

The 'wait and see' approach...fine. Just don't let it be too late that nothing can be done would be my advice.

What you will find is that situations like this can easily split the fan base.

It will appear you have one segment wanting to rock the boat by questioning everything, and the other segment taking the side of the owners/or the 'wait and see' trustworthy slant. And that can cause a major split amongst yourselves.

Personally....experiencing what I have at Hereford, and listening to everything the Swindon guys have said (which is very similar), and knowing JM's connections....I would be paying very close detail to what is going on, and yes, questioning things now, before it's too late. Who are the others in the consortium? Where the money has come from - or more importantly - is there any money? (At Hereford we were promised investment several times over - guess what...it never appeared. Sounds like Swindon too).

There will be a large proportion of supporters that don't really care - they turn up on a Saturday for a couple of beers and watch the rugby. Great....until there is no rugby to watch...

Be cautious now. Fine, the owners intentions may be genuine. You only caring about your club. Leave it...who knows...?

MESSAGES->author
17 October, 2018 09:20
OK I do understand both sides of the argument here.

Personally, like us all, I have invested a lot of emotional time and money at Sixways. I played rugby in Worcester all my life and I completely bought into Cecil using WRFC as a vehicle to bring professional Premiership rugby to the faithful folk in the city of Worcester.

I have supported the now separated Warriors through thick and thin from the start and as everyone knows there has been a lot of thins!

I understand that Cecil now has limited years (not an ageist comment) or neither a bottomless pit to continue his dream. So he has moved aside to let Allen and now the Consortium(?) move that forward so it is something that is sustainable for rugby fans in Worcestershire and further a field in the future.

Personally I don't care who owns it now, I'm not here for a few beers and watch a game of rugby I feel more attached than that.I also would not want to rock any boat at Sixways by wanting unreasonable questions answered.

In the whole scheme of things I am just a mere minion, but saying that I have lots of friends and colleagues that are of the same opinion that collectively make a significant supporting income.

I work in London and live just outside now so I have several options to be able to watch winning premiership rugby and have a few jolly beers on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with like minded chums.

Having spent money, experienced highs and lows even spent blood and sweat getting Warriors (now separated) up the leagues into the Premiership, I would still like to long term watch Premiership Rugby in Worcester, I am in a position through family where I am able to be around at the weekends if I so desired to.

I don't think I am unlike anyone else who supports the Mighty Warriors everyone has an emotional attachment on here.

Cecil stood up and told his plans at the concept, so did Allan in 2013 where the vision and 5-year plan was set out by Ryan and Anthony Glossop.

Why is it so unreasonable to hear the new plan? And more importantly how its being funded? And what exactly is each element of the Consortium doing to make that plan work? I'm not asking for a full scale funding level business plan here and sight of bank accounts!

At the end of the day the new owner/Consortium(?) needs a collective group of passionate supporters to physically go to Sixways and spend money more than I (and colleagues) need to go to Sixways to watch rugby even Warriors (TV and radio) and drink beer!

I have a choice now after reading public material to decide whether to support Warriors financially and with my time.

I don't need to attend or spend money at Sixways to passionately support Worcester Warriors!

It's not a great start which will alienate support and finances.

MESSAGES->author
17 October, 2018 10:01
Two really good posts.

JP

backrow
backrow (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 10:29
If you think the new owners are in it for the love of rugby and toss £millions at Sixways for the good of the Warriors your fools.it's about the end deal.(Sm159)

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 10:33
Several of the papers are saying that the premiership are looking at selling a minority stake and considered several offers at their meeting yesterday. They are talking material sums . I think we would get a 13th share and therefore of the order of tens of millions

The new owners may well have done a very good deal!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 10:34
Whilst I have advocated the wait and see approach it would be reassuring if the supporters club had a date in the dairy for a meeting with the new owners. Is there any news please?

MESSAGES->author
17 October, 2018 10:36
And if anyone thinks that Premiership Sale will ever be reinvested at Sixways then don't hold your breath.

Straight into their pockets ready to buy what they really want a Football Club.

JP

MESSAGES->author
17 October, 2018 10:37
Rollo I heard at the Bristol game that it will be sometime in November.

JP

MESSAGES->author
17 October, 2018 10:40

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 10:41
Quote:
Sheldon
Several of the papers are saying that the premiership are looking at selling a minority stake and considered several offers at their meeting yesterday. They are talking material sums . I think we would get a 13th share and therefore of the order of tens of millions
The new owners may well have done a very good deal!

I'm sure they have Sheldon but the question is for whom?

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 10:44
JP when I enquired at the Bristol game I was told that the owners has asked for the supporters club chairman's phone number or visa versa, but that there was some personal data issue about giving out phone numbers.
If a meeting has been arranged then I would have thought for clarity that the supporters club would have made this known, or have I missed it?

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 10:45
Oddly enough the owners might invest the money in building the infrastructure like they said. It would be a sensible use of the money and if a hotel and complex were involved they would have a fair chance of getting their money back in the long term.

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 11:49
I can't help feeling that for some people on this forum whatever the new owners do will be wrong. If they maintain a dignified silence about the recent results then they get pilloried for not saying anything; if they come out with comment - and it doesn't really matter whether it is gushing self congratulation or a measured " well done, chaps" - they get kicked for wanting to claim the glory, As I have been told many times " If in doubt, say nowt".

Brummagem Bertie
17 October, 2018 12:43
Some new news on the ownership front: a new director was appointed to WRFC Trading Limited today!

One Jason Whittingham, listed as a financier. A quick look at Companies House reveals that amongst his other interests is a company called Bond Group Investments Ltd, company number 11153927. This was set up on 17 January 2018 and was used by Mr Whittingham, with his friend Colin Goldring, to take over Morecambe FC in June this year.

Interestingly, given the discussion about lack of contact with the fans, Messrs Whittingham and Goldring attended a fans' forum within 3 weeks of the takeover being completed and answered questions from fans on their plans for the club.

Perhaps more interesting is one of Mr Whittingham's other appointments: that of sole director and shareholder of a company called Bond Group Sixways Limited, company number 11429721. This was incorporated on 22 June 2018 and is said to be in the business of "Buying and selling of own real estate".

MESSAGES->author
17 October, 2018 13:21
Morecambe FC and "buying and selling of own real estate". Interesting!

No Consortium shares?

I'm sure 2 + 2 will = 156!

MESSAGES->author
17 October, 2018 15:00
SW, I am not in doubt.

They are here to make a buck as fast as they can with little or no cost to them.

JP

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 15:23
I still maintain - as someone that works in the profession - that it is an absurdly expensive way to buy land with no planning permission, or prospect of planning permission in the short to medium term.

Especially if you are after a 'quick buck'.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2018 15:44 by TVM Rides Again.

MESSAGES->author
Butthead (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 16:39
That depends how much it was bought for, and we don't know that.

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 16:50
SimonG19 - I suppose I meant a good deal for them but that might work out as good for us. A bad deal for them is certainly a bad deal for us if they are operating on tight constraints.

MESSAGES->author
17 October, 2018 16:52
The Quick Buck is the "P" Share

JP

samlee99
samlee99 (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 17:14
wrong thread!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2018 17:15 by samlee99.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 17:33
Quote:
Butthead
That depends how much it was bought for, and we don't know that.

How big is the six ways site?

With a green belt designation thatís worth £20,000 an acre tops - and I think thatís generous.

So unless the Allenís took less than a million quid for the thing they allegedly wanted £27 mill for - I donít thinks itís that.

Re the P shares. I have never valued one. In fact I have no idea what a P share is worth.

Anyone have an estimate? (and I mean an estimate with actual workings and reasoned assumptions, not guessing).

Also - whatís the market for P shares? How do you turn them into money?

If Iím right - itís a pretty limited market. How many prospective buyers are there in the market currently? And we are talking quick buck remember - so the buyer needs to be in the market now - or realistically in the market in the next 24 months.

Are their restrictions on sale? Can the other holders Ďblack ballí a potential buyer? Who fixes the price? Surely the thing that they are a share of has a fixed value atbtbia point in time?

I know theyíll be in the corporate books at a value - but I have seen property assets held in books that wouldnít stand a chance of reaching that value if put to the market.

It may be that Theyíre up to something.

However in my opinion, you need to subject our own theories to the same scrutiny you are subjecting the other side to.

Honestly, do we know how easy those shares arenít to turn into cash, and how much cash they can actually be turned into.

Otherwise itís juat a torch and pitchfork wielding mob in my opinion.

MESSAGES->author
17 October, 2018 18:22
P share value like any other share is only worth what someone will payfor it.

GA valued it at £27million.

There are 16 shares, 3 held by Premiership Rugby organization and 13 with 13 clubs.

CVC valued the Prem at £550million and wanted to buy 51% holding based on that value, £280million shared equally would give each club £17.5million but would lose 51% of the ongoing share value.

Craig Bruce valued the Premiership at in excess of £800million. If an investor wants 51% each club would get £26million and also retain 49% of the PShare which theycould sell on, in agreement with Premiership Rugby and RFU. Worth another £24million.

But as previously said it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.

So they could take the £26million in share sale to investors and then sell the PShare to, say, Ealing Trailfinders for £24million. They get the P share for 51% under its present value.

JP

Brummagem Bertie
17 October, 2018 21:57
TVM, according to the last WRFC Trading Ltd accounts, the P shares were valued by Premier Rugby Limited as worth £6,482,082 in 2015. Picking up JP's point about value, however, that was before CVC came along and now, apparently, several others, willing to bid for a minority share.

JP, according to the last confirmation statement for Premier Rugby Limited, filed on 13 September 2018, there are 1040 P shares, split equally into Income and Capital shares. We hold 80 shares, again split equally between Income and Capital shares. There are also 485 A shares, split between the clubs (WRFC Ltd hold 40) and 480 B shares (WRFC have 40).

There are no shareholders, in any class of shares, other than the 13 rugby clubs (Prem + London Irish).

Oh, and another director was appointed to WRFC Limited today: Mr Colin Goldring, Mr Whittingham's business partner and co-owner of Morecambe FC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2018 08:08 by Brummagem Bertie.

MESSAGES->author
18 October, 2018 05:27

MESSAGES->author
18 October, 2018 05:30

Southstand(again)
18 October, 2018 06:07

Southstand(again)
18 October, 2018 06:25
Just looking at Messrs Goldring and Whittingham's Company which was formed at the start of 2018 the name bond group Investments does rather suggest where the money may come from.

Are we about to do a Wasps ?

MESSAGES->author
18 October, 2018 07:05
Is this a new Consortium now as no shares are with Pope et al?

GrubberKk
GrubberKk (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 07:50
Not particularly relevant here, but the above new name appearing as a director etc etc reminded me of some things at Hereford. This article kind of encapsulates the types of things that went on. Names appeared and disappeared...

[www.the42.ie]

Southstand(again)
18 October, 2018 08:48
Thanks for your input GrubberKk.

I don't think the Hereford case is particularly relevant here.
From my recollection it was David Keyte who "Broke" Hereford and then decided instead of selling to the Supporters trust for a quid to sell to Agombar and his pal for a few grand.

They came in looking to make a bit by selling on some of the youngsters but soon found the task akin to polishing a t@rd.

As far as Jed was concerned I can't find any official link to the club - other than his facilitating the move of Jon Taylor the former assistant manger at Banbury to the Bulls.

That appears to be Jed's forte - he "Knows" people and, as I remember, did something similar with loan players at solihull Moors.

As far as dodgy dealings from Jed, I can't find any. Jed, while not being a "Money man", puts deals together. It was he that brought in the "Less than squeaky" Lee Power to a very broken Swindon Town to allow them overturn their transfer embargo only to find himself stepped on in a very messy boardroom coup that ended with the much reported mud-slinging court battle.

He is also, on the whole, remembered "fondly" at Banbury football club (despite some mutterings of some ex board members of unpaid instalments of a £45k loan)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2018 08:51 by Southstand(again).

GrubberKk
GrubberKk (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 08:59
SS your recollection of things at Hereford are a little blurred, but won't go to lengths to explain on this forum as not relevant.

I think my overall input here is merely to say be very, very careful. There are striking similarities with certain things that went on in the months after Keyte sold to Agombar - Agombar being the person introduced to Keyte by McCrory (remembering McCrory had met with Herefordshire Council to discuss the Edgar Street Leases - this is all on record, officially).

Personally, my alarm bells rang immediately as I saw McCrorys name involved. (Remembering he lied under oath on top of everything else).

My link above is merely to show that over a period of time, names came and went, promises (numerous) were broken about investment. Is Errol Pope your Alan McCarthy - a name that a face will never be put to who disappears before they even get through the door?

There's similarities, and all I hope to do is merely to say...question things. Don't take what they say at face value (Watch McCrorys interviews when at Swindon and what he promised).

Look - if in 5 years time, the club is in profit, with even more income streams, with all profit coming into the club (hotels etc), then great - I will look a little bit foolish for being pessimistic now, but I won't regret saying it all now.

As I say a few posts above...."no smoke with out fire".

Southstand(again)
18 October, 2018 09:24
As McCrory wasn't charged with perjury following the Judge's obiter dicta I think we have to treat Jed's evidence regarding Lee Power's behaviour as an "unsubstantiated claim"

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 10:33
What one of those articles states which is interesting is that these two new directors met with fans of Morecambe FC and answered the question of "Why our club". Something I'm sure we would all be interested in here given the amount of new names with seemingly no rugby interest...

B-road
18 October, 2018 11:23
The best part of 500 posts on speculation about interpretations of rumours based on the assumption that the probability that one side of a story might be true.

Either we have a viable future or some people will able to say "I told you so".

Can't we leave it there for now ?

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 11:28
Quote:
Sheldon
SimonG19 - I suppose I meant a good deal for them but that might work out as good for us. A bad deal for them is certainly a bad deal for us if they are operating on tight constraints.

I wasnít expecting an answer Sheldon as I think only time will tell.

I remain fearful for the future with Mr McCroryís well documented past history but donít think a statement (or the lack of one) would change that current view as supporters of other clubs this gentleman has been involved in have heard fine words before but ended up disappointed.

We will have to wait to make a judgement based on what actually happens. I just hope that someone somewhere is planning for the worst so the club could continue to exist if and when this happens.

So I agree with KenDoddsDadsDogsDead!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 16:31
As do several of us who have already said so, more than once.

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 18:18
Quote:
TeflonTed
As do several of us who have already said so, more than once.

Indeed but I wanted to answer Sheldon's post to me.

Southstand(again)
19 October, 2018 11:36
Our new friends in Morcambe

MESSAGES->author
beav1s (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 11:37
Time will indeed tell. My heart says I want to be proved wrong, that McCrory has stumbled on a conscience and a plan to help Warriors succeed as a team for everybody who has a vested concern in the club. I want to be able to say in 5 years 'I was wrong, well done all involved in taking the club to the next level'.

My head is telling me 'there's a lot here that doesn't feel right and has far too many comparisons to things that have previously happened at other clubs where he has been involved'.

MESSAGES->author
19 October, 2018 11:58
Some Morecambe supporters also have similar concerns.

JP

MESSAGES->author
19 October, 2018 12:09
http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Stats/2018-19/Images/FullHouses.jpg

The new Owners need to correct this

JP

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 12:45
How do you suggest they do that? Cheaper tickets and beer/food? Better players? Special offers - which i think I am right is saying you have criticised Wasps for in the past as just papering the stadium to make it look full ( or something like that). The only way that ti will be corrected is if more people like us feel like going to the game. That will happen if the team win and keep playing exciting rugby. That points more to the playing side as against cheap tickets etc but who knows.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 14:00
Interesting that the number of full houses drops after the the 'new' East stand opened. Maybe the expansion wasn't needed...

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 14:35
The expansion only added 4 rows, so I dont think that was the issue

Southstand(again)
19 October, 2018 15:24
I think there are lots of factors influencing "Full Houses"

The two obvious ones being an incremental increase in stadium capacity allied to average wages not keeping pace with ticket prices.

We can also blame the product as I believe we probably lost the last of the "Glory Hunters"in our last relegation season. even with promotion they just haven't returned, allied to this the National side has failed to win the world cup since 2003 and basically blew any chance we had of growing the game at the last home tournament.

I think we now seriously need to re-think our target audience. In other words the Hoi Polloi (among which I count myself) Apart from the back of the south and the wrongly sloping bar standing area we aren't encouraged.

The biggest growth industry in worcester is its university and its 10745 students.

We really need a proper terrace with rock bottom blue ticket prices.

I won't hold my breath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2018 15:30 by Southstand(again).

MESSAGES->author
19 October, 2018 15:57
Not just 4 rows. 4 rows plus a whole new block, sothe end.

It went from 10,127 to 11,498

JP

MESSAGES->author
19 October, 2018 16:12
There are many reasons for the reduction, what happened and why is history it is what "the consortium" do next that matters.

They have bought the business what they do next will decide the path they intend to take.

This is a vital failing they have to correct. Saying what would you do is silly because it matters zilch what i or we would do. It is upto the consortium they bought the business and hopefull have a fully considered rescue/build plan.

We will only know as time goes on. However in my very personal opinion they are not in the slightest interrested in "Worcester Warriors", a soccer club or delopment is their target.

JP

MESSAGES->author
19 October, 2018 21:08
The above graph shows how many sellouts we have had each season, the graphs below shows the average attendance per season. Put them both together to give you a full picture

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Stats/2018-19/Images/Attendancesbyseason.jpg

JP

Dutch01527
Dutch01527 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:28
Companies House has a wealth of information about Directors.

Excluding Bill Bolsover, the current WRFC Trading and Players Limited directorsís publically available information is as follows:

Micheal Blood - no other Directorships, either present or past

Colin Goldring - Director of Morecambe Football Club and one dormant company with no trading history. No other Directorships historically

GED McCrory- Director of one other new start up company. 15 Directorships historically -10 disolved companies and 5 resigned. 7 of the dissolved companies were ďCompulsory Strike OffĒ.

James Whittingham - Director of Morecambe Football Club, two start up companies and three other active companies (one Dormant, one with negative assets of £34,000 and one under notice of Compulsory Strike Off with assets of £391). Historically resigned from three other companies, two with no trading history and one with negative net assets of £1,893.

Compulsory Stike Off occurs when Companies House disolves a company, usually because annual returns and/or accounts have not been filed by the Directors and is a serious omission of a Directors responsibilities resulting in confiscation by the Crown of the companies assets and winding down of the company.

All the above information is at Companies House. All the companies they have been involved with are tiny with the exception of Morecambe Football which is losing money.

I will leave people to draw their own conclusions.

backrow
backrow (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 17:38
Bunch of cowboys (Sm72) but they have the Warriors and the ground.

MESSAGES->author
Butthead (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 09:35
Keeping an eye out for any other appointments, and noticed Messrs Goldring and Whittingham were appointed as directors and equal shareholders of Bond Group Sports Services Ltd on 24th October (the company was incorporated on the same date). According to the Companies House info, the nature of this business is "Trade of electricity".

Now, if that means they plan to cover the roofs of the stands with solar panels, and use that income to fund the losses at WRFC Trading, I think that's actually a good idea. However, I'm not convinced solar on that scale would make anywhere near enough money.

More likely someone put the wrong code on the form, as that's a stupid name for a company that trades electricity!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 13:28
Nothing to add, just never had the chance to be 500th on a thread!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net