rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules


Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
 
recrat
Re: New Owners
recrat (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 19:56
Cheer up you miseries, four games unbeaten.😂

 
w4rriorz1980
Re: New Owners
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 08:32
Quote:
TeflonTed
Nothing to add, just never had the chance to be 500th on a thread!
Ha ha!


Eats,Shoots And Leaves

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 21:08
Is Cecil still President? He normally gives an interview.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 13:23
Back to the top

What on earth is going on?

Do we have a "Premiership" future??

Do the new Owners even care about the supporters???


JP

 
ROLLO on tour
Re: New Owners
ROLLO (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 16:43
I went to Sixways today to get some tickets and was told that there was a lot more positivity about the place.
I then wandered into the shop and saw that Ged was there so went up an said hello. I had a perfectly decent conversation with someone who appears to be very interested in the future welfare of the club. I would suggest that he is not your typical rugby chap and mentions soccer quite a bit , but very approachable. Please see my post on another thread about the meeting that has taken place.
I think he may have been speaking to WN today.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 17:26
I am really pleased that a regular and respected poster on here has met and spoken with him. However that does nothing to answer any questions we have raised here, except to confirm he is a soccer man.

JP

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 08:50
If it helps JP I was once in a pub close to where he lives with a friend who lives close to him, he bought me a pint so seemed a nice chap.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 08:54
Bribery already(Sm128)(Sm159)

 
B-road
Re: New Owners
14 November, 2018 10:37
Quote:
ROLLO
soccer

football

Quote:
Fathful_City
soccer

football

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 10:40
What’s wrong with soccer, snobby?

Good enough for the Yanks, who also have football, then good enough for me.

I hope soccer comes to Sixways soon

JP

 
A38
Re: New Owners
A38 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 11:07
I always understood that there are umpteen types of football throughout the World.

Here we have Association Football - shortened to Soccer - Rugby Union Football - shorted to Rugger in certain quarters - and Rugby League Football.

Our Australian, American and Irish cousins amongst others have of course their own versions of football. Basically, I suppose, any game involving kicking a ball is a version of football.

The problem is that one version has won for itself international dominance and thus gets called football in most usages - although not of course in the US.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 11:19
A38 is, as usual, correct.

They’re all football, only one is soccer, and it’s amusing that it upsets “football” fans to have their game, quite correctly, referred to as soccer.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Fiver (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 11:31
I can't believe I was bored enough to look up the origin of the word 'soccer'. It is indeed an abbreviation of the word 'association' and took place here in Britain some 200 years ago.

Well, I suppose at least we can claim it as our own word, whether we like it or not.

 
B-road
Re: New Owners
14 November, 2018 14:31
Quote:
TeflonTed
quite correctly, referred to as soccer.

It's football.

 
TVM Rides Again....Again
Re: New Owners
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 15:30
I'm going to have to start banging on about accepted vernacular again in a minute

And no one wants that.

No one.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 16:31
Quote:
Faithful_City
Bribery already(Sm128)(Sm159)

I should state the beer he bought me was years ago and to be honest I had forgotten all about it until my mate reminded me.

 
WorcesterSauce
Re: New Owners
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 18:42
The only people i find who call it soccer are 50+ or yanks. The word will soon die out and be limited to the use of those just across the pond. It’s nearly as bad as the word “rugger”...



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2018 18:43 by WorcesterSauce.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Abberley (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 23:51
Quote:
WorcesterSauce

The word will soon die out and be limited to the use of those just across the pond. It’s nearly as bad as the word “rugger”...

If it does die out (which seems unlikely with the rising popularity of the game in the US and Australia) it will need to be replaced with some other popular expression to distinguish it from all the other football codes.

Wendyball?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2018 08:24 by Abberley.

 
Teme Dream
Re: New Owners
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 08:26
If Jed gets his way then maybe it will be Wussball.

 
Southstand(again)
Re: New Owners
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 08:40
Given that 265 million play football worldwide against Rugby's 6 million do we really have to refer to football jokingly as "Wendyball" Abberley ?

As someone who leans more towards Rock salt than Snowflake I surprisingly find the term sexist.

Many of us hoped the "Elitism' which existed in our game would decrease with the arrival of professionalism. Unfortunately it hasn't.

I love both games and despite excelling at, and favouring rugby, never considered it superior.

I continually hear the mantra "They may have rules but we have laws" which seems to suggest that Rugby always occupies the moral high ground.The simple truth is that cheating and feigning injury is now just as prevalent in our game.

 
TVM Rides Again....Again
Re: New Owners
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 09:03
Nice to see a fresh new interpretation of what the new owners want.

 
WorcesterSauce
Re: New Owners
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 10:33
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Given that 265 million play football worldwide against Rugby's 6 million do we really have to refer to football jokingly as "Wendyball" Abberley ?
As someone who leans more towards Rock salt than Snowflake I surprisingly find the term sexist.

Many of us hoped the "Elitism' which existed in our game would decrease with the arrival of professionalism. Unfortunately it hasn't.

I love both games and despite excelling at, and favouring rugby, never considered it superior.

I continually hear the mantra "They may have rules but we have laws" which seems to suggest that Rugby always occupies the moral high ground.The simple truth is that cheating and feigning injury is now just as prevalent in our game.

Rugby fans (and i know this is a generalisation) have a bizarre obsession with having to prove rugby is morally superior to football. I know it urks a number of football fans especially as rugby is hardly angelic. What these rugby fans don’t perhaps understand is that they could do with as many fans turning up as possible, and if they manage to put off possible future fans by taking the mick out of football it’s pretty counter productive... or maybe rugby fans don’t want any new fans or any football fans coming near rugby (or should we call it roid-ball)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2018 10:33 by WorcesterSauce.

 
TVM Rides Again....Again
Re: New Owners
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 10:42
Bringing their piles into it seems unnecessary....

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:03
Saucie, as usual you see this as a matter of elitism/snobbery. My view is that this is just wrong.

Here’s another angle to consider.

What all rugby supporters don’t want is any drift towards the behaviour of football fans into our game.

At premiership level, and that is where we are, we hugely value the ability to travel to away games, visit pubs cafes and other facilities close to away venues, mingle freely with away supporters, win or lose. And we welcome visiting opposition supporters to our home games.

At premiership level, football supporters are segregated and controlled by police, herded to and from their coaches or distant car parks, and treated under the assumption that if there was no segregation they’d start to thump each other. I know they wouldn’t all behave like that, but some would, and that’s why it is like it is in the world of premiership football.

This is unarguable fact, and it’s the difference between the 2 games.

 
Southstand(again)
Re: New Owners
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:15
Quote:
TeflonTed
Saucie, as usual you see this as a matter of elitism/snobbery. My view is that this is just wrong.
Here’s another angle to consider.

What all rugby supporters don’t want is any drift towards the behaviour of football fans into our game.

At premiership level, and that is where we are, we hugely value the ability to travel to away games, visit pubs cafes and other facilities close to away venues, mingle freely with away supporters, win or lose. And we welcome visiting opposition supporters to our home games.

At premiership level, football supporters are segregated and controlled by police, herded to and from their coaches or distant car parks, and treated under the assumption that if there was no segregation they’d start to thump each other. I know they wouldn’t all behave like that, but some would, and that’s why it is like it is in the world of premiership football.

This is unarguable fact, and it’s the difference between the 2 games.

You mean like Home fans applauding off one of their players when he has been sent to the bin for punching a visiting team's player ?

Thankfully that will never happen in Rugby with our "Perfect" fans Ted eye rolling smiley

 
A38
Re: New Owners
A38 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 12:08
The A38 household seems to manage quite well with both camps represented.

The one camp can't understand why they find themselves sitting next to opposition supporters when they come to Sixways whilst the other has no time for the language too often heard at grounds and the tribal separation.

But that is peripheral to what goes on on the pitch. One is not better than the other. The two games are different and perhaps we should simply enjoy and celebrate that difference choosing to follow one or other or both.

 
samlee99
Re: New Owners
samlee99 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 12:32
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Given that 265 million play football worldwide against Rugby's 6 million do we really have to refer to football jokingly as "Wendyball" Abberley ?
As someone who leans more towards Rock salt than Snowflake I surprisingly find the term sexist.

Many of us hoped the "Elitism' which existed in our game would decrease with the arrival of professionalism. Unfortunately it hasn't.

I love both games and despite excelling at, and favouring rugby, never considered it superior.

I continually hear the mantra "They may have rules but we have laws" which seems to suggest that Rugby always occupies the moral high ground.The simple truth is that cheating and feigning injury is now just as prevalent in our game.

I watch both sports and personally think some things are done better in soccer and some in rugby.

I find the term "Wendyball" rather stupid but never thought of it as sexist especially now womens football is so prevalent and I have to say I have never heard the "They may have rules but we have laws" so-called mantra which is again pretty stupid bearing in mind both sports have laws not rules.

I would certainly agree cheating can be found in both sports but would argue that feigning injury is far far more found in soccer than rugby.

 
B-road
Re: New Owners
15 November, 2018 12:56
Quote:
samlee99
soccer

football

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Jim H (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 13:08
Quote:
ROLLO
I went to Sixways today to get some tickets and was told that there was a lot more positivity about the place.
I then wandered into the shop and saw that Ged was there so went up an said hello. I had a perfectly decent conversation with someone who appears to be very interested in the future welfare of the club. I would suggest that he is not your typical rugby chap and mentions soccer quite a bit , but very approachable. Please see my post on another thread about the meeting that has taken place.
I think he may have been speaking to WN today.

Rollo, I met Malcolm Pearce once - he bought me a drink, was a nice guy but left Bristol in the brown stucky stuff. Arther Holmes, he too was a nice guy (at face value) but he left Bristol even deeper in the muck... Neither had form for doing so.

I guess you'll get a better understanding of how things are internally once you're into the new year. Player re-signings will tell a lot on how things are internally.

 
WorcesterSauce
Re: New Owners
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 13:22
Quote:
TeflonTed
Saucie, as usual you see this as a matter of elitism/snobbery. My view is that this is just wrong.
Here’s another angle to consider.

What all rugby supporters don’t want is any drift towards the behaviour of football fans into our game.

At premiership level, and that is where we are, we hugely value the ability to travel to away games, visit pubs cafes and other facilities close to away venues, mingle freely with away supporters, win or lose. And we welcome visiting opposition supporters to our home games.

At premiership level, football supporters are segregated and controlled by police, herded to and from their coaches or distant car parks, and treated under the assumption that if there was no segregation they’d start to thump each other. I know they wouldn’t all behave like that, but some would, and that’s why it is like it is in the world of premiership football.

This is unarguable fact, and it’s the difference between the 2 games.

So when rugby fans push their (often misguided) moral superiority onto football fans what is it, if it isn’t moral snobbery?

No other sports fans seems to do it like rugby fans do. It is obsessive and often, as displayed by your post, wrong despite the claim that it is ‘unargable fact’. Last weekend i had the pleasure of going to watch my (premiership) football side away from home. I went into the pub 5 minutes from the ground, walked alongside tens of thousands of home supporters to the ground and even went for a pint afterwards - all whilst wearing my clubs colours. And i wasn’t the only one. Yes it was segregated but by stewards, not police and there was no police escort or herding of fans. To my knowledge there was no trouble and no arrests. I’m not denying that the two sports are separate, and there is occasionally (and that is very occasionally) crowd trouble at premiership games now but it is not as bad as it used to be. Anyway, that is all irrelevent to my previous post. The point of which was that to continuously bang the ‘we dont want to drift towards the behavior of football fans at rugby’ drum that you and many other rugby fans like to bang, is not helping with the growth of the game at all, but hindering it as the vast majority of football fans are just normal people.

 
samlee99
Re: New Owners
samlee99 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 10:39
Quote:
KenDoddsDadsDogsDead
Quote:
samlee99
soccer

football

Indeed but I deliberately used the term soccer so there would be no doubt which form of football I was talking about.

 
Brummagem Bertie
Re: New Owners
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 11:55
Meanwhile, back at the farm ...

In further news from Companies House, both Jason Whittingham and Colin Goldring were appointed Directors yesterday (16 November) of Militibus Quanco Limited and MQ Property Co Limited.

Readers may recall that Messrs Whittingham and Goldring are the gentlemen from Morecambe FC. MQ Ltd is the company owned by Ged, which now owns WRFC Trading Ltd, whilst the latter is also owned by Ged and appears to now own the land at Sixways.



Whatever you do, do it safely!

 
yellow450
Re: New Owners
Yeller (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 20:46
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Meanwhile, back at the farm ...
In further news from Companies House, both Jason Whittingham and Colin Goldring were appointed Directors yesterday (16 November) of Militibus Quanco Limited and MQ Property Co Limited.

Readers may recall that Messrs Whittingham and Goldring are the gentlemen from Morecambe FC. MQ Ltd is the company owned by Ged, which now owns WRFC Trading Ltd, whilst the latter is also owned by Ged and appears to now own the land at Sixways.

I had to deal with a little bit of sick in my throat when the camera went to McCrory in the Directors box today. How a shyster like this gets hold of a club that had a £26m price tag on it is beyond belief. He has been trying to infiltrate without success arguably smaller concerns than Warriors for years and ends up succeeding now without a pot to p!ss in.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Abberley (IP Logged)
18 November, 2018 09:59
Would our resident beancounters be so kind as to compare & contrast Wasp's situation with ours?

Premiership clubs’ accounts reveal uncertain future as losses double

 
centrethere
Re: New Owners
centrethere (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 16:34
still no news put out by the new owners, (apart from one general statement put out by Warriors and/or was that just AS saying the new owners seemed fine?) - anything they might be waiting for, or they just wish to remain silent until what? Does seem a little odd. Maybe a Christmas goodwill to all card?

 
gmem
Re: New Owners
Garym (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 16:34
Interesting that no one has mentioned meeting GM in the bars last night .......

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 17:22
Quote:
Garym
Interesting that no one has mentioned meeting GM in the bars last night .......

That’s a good point Gary. The supporters’ club committee were hopeful of a chat with Ged pre. match.

Anyone know if this happened?

 
WorcesterSauce
Re: New Owners
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 17:33
I was in the west stand bar for about 30-45 minutes between 6:30 and 7:15 and didnt see him.

 
gmem
Re: New Owners
Garym (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 18:12
He paid a flying visit to the east stand debenture bar around 6.30 and was then being whisked to The west stand after that. On face value a pleasant enough experience, which finished with a watch this space message

 
Patgadd
Re: New Owners
Patgadd (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 19:52
My pals and I were briefly introduced to him by Beth outside the Inn at around 7.10

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 08:19
He met supporters in the east stand I gather. After welcoming 32 schools to Sixways.



http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

 
Brummagem Bertie
Re: New Owners
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 09:54
I was one of 5 supporters who met Ged before the game on Friday night. There were several more invited but were unable to attend. The invite arose out of our attendance at the WRSC AGM the week before.

It was only a short meeting as Ged was doing the rounds with about 5 groups that he had arranged to meet before the game, including the schools that PE mentioned.

Ged gave us some background to the takeover, which I won't bore you with. His plans are very positive and centre around young people and sport. He wants to see Sixways become a sporting hub, not just rugby, and used 7 days a week.

He wants to greatly expand the work that Warriors does with the schools in our catchment area, especially the state schools that don't currently do much rugby, if at all. The schools invited to Friday's game were the first step in doing that. He also wants to expand the offering on the player pathway from U14 through to 21/degree level. He sees this as a way of making Warriors sustainable, bringing through our own players, and not losing them to clubs like Wasps, who are active in our area.

He promised an announcement on the Board and corporate arrangements soon and also some good news on the player front.

There wasn't much chance to ask questions as it was no more than 10-15 minutes, as Beth was making sure he kept to his timetable.

He came across as genuine and is very much hands on, in Sixways every day. He has already brought in some new management, and I've heard, via third parties, that the staff are generally pleased with the changes to date. He seems genuinely committed to the club and shared some personal info about his family that explained why he wants to be at Warriors rather than somewhere else.

Still in wait and see mode personally: if we get the concrete announcements that he promised I think a few people might need to reassess their opinions.



Whatever you do, do it safely!

 
WorcesterSauce
Re: New Owners
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 10:40
Sounds promising. As you say it’s still very much wait and see and until we have anything concrete he will have to forgive fans for judging him based on the only thing they can and that is the past.

 
A38
Re: New Owners
A38 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 10:44
The cynical will say that's it's all talk and PR, the optimists that it sounds very positive, that he has made an effort to communicate in person.

But as BB says, wait and see. The test will be over the next few months as recruitment / re-signing begins to dominate our agenda.

There are those who might ask why there has been a delay in communicating with supporters.

Personally, I don't mind that. In circumstances such as these the new owners would probably have been advised not to say anything until they had something concrete to say. It does rather sound as though it won't be long before that happens.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 11:26
It was overheard that Weir will be with us next season and that the medical aspects of contracts will be improved similar to footballers contracts!

Both are good news to my ears.

JP

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 11:46
Two reasons for communications being slow. The consortium were only told that their bid was successful on the Friday before the announcement on the Monday. So there were plans or personnel in place.

Jed is only recently married and had his honeymoon planned before the go ahead cam.



http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

 
Freypal
Re: New Owners
Freypal (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 13:12
Thanks to all who have provided feedback from meetings. Sounds encouraging!

 
Latecomer
Re: New Owners
Latecomer (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 15:05
Quote:
A38
The cynical will say that's it's all talk and PR, the optimists that it sounds very positive, that he has made an effort to communicate in person.
................
There are those who might ask why there has been a delay in communicating with supporters.

Sounds a bit like Brexit to me !!

 
SimonG19
Re: New Owners
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 17:49
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
I was one of 5 supporters who met Ged before the game on Friday night. There were several more invited but were unable to attend. The invite arose out of our attendance at the WRSC AGM the week before.
It was only a short meeting as Ged was doing the rounds with about 5 groups that he had arranged to meet before the game, including the schools that PE mentioned.

Ged gave us some background to the takeover, which I won't bore you with. His plans are very positive and centre around young people and sport. He wants to see Sixways become a sporting hub, not just rugby, and used 7 days a week.

He wants to greatly expand the work that Warriors does with the schools in our catchment area, especially the state schools that don't currently do much rugby, if at all. The schools invited to Friday's game were the first step in doing that. He also wants to expand the offering on the player pathway from U14 through to 21/degree level. He sees this as a way of making Warriors sustainable, bringing through our own players, and not losing them to clubs like Wasps, who are active in our area.

He promised an announcement on the Board and corporate arrangements soon and also some good news on the player front.

There wasn't much chance to ask questions as it was no more than 10-15 minutes, as Beth was making sure he kept to his timetable.

He came across as genuine and is very much hands on, in Sixways every day. He has already brought in some new management, and I've heard, via third parties, that the staff are generally pleased with the changes to date. He seems genuinely committed to the club and shared some personal info about his family that explained why he wants to be at Warriors rather than somewhere else.

Still in wait and see mode personally: if we get the concrete announcements that he promised I think a few people might need to reassess their opinions.

The problem is that he talks a good game (if he didn't he wouldn't have gained the positions he did at Hereford United and Swindon Town) but his actions don't match his words.

So the time to judge him will be when people see the results of his actions.

If it isn't too late.

 
yellow450
Re: New Owners
Yeller (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 18:08
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
I was one of 5 supporters who met Ged before the game on Friday night. There were several more invited but were unable to attend. The invite arose out of our attendance at the WRSC AGM the week before.
It was only a short meeting as Ged was doing the rounds with about 5 groups that he had arranged to meet before the game, including the schools that PE mentioned.

Ged gave us some background to the takeover, which I won't bore you with. His plans are very positive and centre around young people and sport. He wants to see Sixways become a sporting hub, not just rugby, and used 7 days a week.

He wants to greatly expand the work that Warriors does with the schools in our catchment area, especially the state schools that don't currently do much rugby, if at all. The schools invited to Friday's game were the first step in doing that. He also wants to expand the offering on the player pathway from U14 through to 21/degree level. He sees this as a way of making Warriors sustainable, bringing through our own players, and not losing them to clubs like Wasps, who are active in our area.

He promised an announcement on the Board and corporate arrangements soon and also some good news on the player front.

There wasn't much chance to ask questions as it was no more than 10-15 minutes, as Beth was making sure he kept to his timetable.

He came across as genuine and is very much hands on, in Sixways every day. He has already brought in some new management, and I've heard, via third parties, that the staff are generally pleased with the changes to date. He seems genuinely committed to the club and shared some personal info about his family that explained why he wants to be at Warriors rather than somewhere else.

Still in wait and see mode personally: if we get the concrete announcements that he promised I think a few people might need to reassess their opinions.

The problem is that he talks a good game (if he didn't he wouldn't have gained the positions he did at Hereford United and Swindon Town) but his actions don't match his words.

So the time to judge him will be when people see the results of his actions.

If it isn't too late.

Quite right, I fear that the involvement of schools is merely a smoke screen

 
MacWarrior
Re: New Owners
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 20:13
The Re-signing of key players will be the true test, this is all about the money. Until some money is committed to the team I will remain sceptical, but also optomistic until proved otherwise.


In the meantime, 3 wins, 7th Place and a 17 positive points difference is all good.the players look like they are enjoying themselves as well.

Here,s hoping....

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Butthead (IP Logged)
27 November, 2018 19:02
I just spotted that a new charge was registered at Companies House last week. To my untrained eye looks a lot like the one registered on 2nd October.
Registration of charge

Maybe someone smarter than me can decipher?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/11/2018 19:04 by Butthead.

 
TVM Rides Again....Again
Re: New Owners
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 05:24
Secured loan from these chaps

[www.linkassetservices.com]

I’ll leave it to the collective imagination to interpret how this promises a great future/proved we’re doomed

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 06:49
As suggested on public record no personal assets so secured loans.

It can be suggested there is a limit to what is securable, so its a wait and see situation.

 
TVM Rides Again....Again
Re: New Owners
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 07:01
Quote:
knightstemplar
As suggested on public record no personal assets so secured loans.
It can be suggested there is a limit to what is securable, so its a wait and see situation.

As a counter to this - the truly wealthy aren’t truly wealthy because they spend their own money on things! Big property investors don’t buy properties with their cash for example...

 
A38
Re: New Owners
A38 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 08:19
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Quote:
knightstemplar
As suggested on public record no personal assets so secured loans.
It can be suggested there is a limit to what is securable, so its a wait and see situation.

As a counter to this - the truly wealthy aren’t truly wealthy because they spend their own money on things! Big property investors don’t buy properties with their cash for example...


That's very true. They use somebody else's money.

 
Brummagem Bertie
Re: New Owners
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 08:45
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Secured loan from these chaps
[www.linkassetservices.com]

As I read the charge document the money isn't coming from Link themselves but from a fund of which they are the trustee. This charge is secured on Trading's bank account, as opposed to the P shares.



Whatever you do, do it safely!

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 08:48
Let's see it will be season 2 or 3 if there is an obvious short fall on losses and p share money has gone.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 09:02
It seems like the P Shares have been put up as the security on the lending which I am amazed Premiership Rugby allow.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: New Owners
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 09:10
Definitely not the P Shares.

JP

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?