rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Eco Warrior
Ch5 spelling error?
Eco Warrior (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 07:06
Watched the highlights on Ch5 late last night of all round 6 matches and towards the end of the Quinns v Sarries game a sub title came up "Raining Champions"! It was a very wet night but I'm not sure that this was a deliberate pun I think it was a schoolboy spelling error. Thoughts?

MESSAGES->author
Re: Ch5 spelling error?
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 07:18
Plenty of subtitles are often wrong have a google of them and enjoy the laughs

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 07:22
I was a bit "miffed" that our win didn't get a mention at the end then it dawned on me that they had filmed the closing summation on the Saturday.
Still no excuse though (Sm14)

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 07:23
I quite enjoyed Austin Healey referring to "Bruce Heem" early in Sunday's game.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 08:28
Also referred to him as Breece Heem (Sm54)

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 08:30
I used the strap line Raining Champion for a new range of waterproof clothing our company launched in 1979. Very successful it was too.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 08:55
Quote:
Powick Eastander
Also referred to him as Breece Heem (Sm54)
It'll be Brylcreem next!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 09:01
We weren't discussed because they film on a Saturday and the game hadn't happened yet, quite clearly.

Flats tweeted his apologies yesterday.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 10:36
Quote:
usa warrior
We weren't discussed because they film on a Saturday and the game hadn't happened yet, quite clearly.
Even games on a sunday usually make the Channel 5 highlights on a monday night don't they?
Not watched the channel 5 h'lights yet.Still working through the BT Sport highlights!Are you saying Warriors aren't on it or Flats and Mark's summary isn't on it?

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 11:32
Quote:
ROLLO
I used the strap line Raining Champion for a new range of waterproof clothing our company launched in 1979. Very successful it was too.

I think you should sue for breach of copyright!

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 11:34
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
usa warrior
Even games on a sunday usually make the Channel 5 highlights on a monday night don't they?
Not watched the channel 5 h'lights yet.Still working through the BT Sport highlights!Are you saying Warriors aren't on it or Flats and Mark's summary isn't on it?

I haven't watched the programme, but I guess the latter. They will have recorded a link for the highlights on Saturday, for the programme editors to slot them in.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 13:51
I listened to the rugby podcast and Ugo actually apologised for writing us off as relegation certainty.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:01
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
usa warrior

If I'm honest, I haven't watched it either, but told that there isn't a summary and the highlights are fairly short.

As above, Flats tweeted his apologies and explained that the discussion (lack of) was due to them filming prior to the game.

samlee99
samlee99 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:58
Quote:
Eco Warrior
Watched the highlights on Ch5 late last night of all round 6 matches and towards the end of the Quinns v Sarries game a sub title came up "Raining Champions"! It was a very wet night but I'm not sure that this was a deliberate pun I think it was a schoolboy spelling error. Thoughts?

Schoolboy error a bit like calling Quins Quinns.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:13
Quote:
samlee99

Schoolboy error a bit like calling Quins Quinns.

That's worse; it's wrong to call them Quinns, Quins or even Harlequins. Without Googling, anyone know why?

Cargill
Cargill (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:22
No "S"?

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:30
Give the man a cigar. It's The Harlequin Rugby Club.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:50
Hairy Queens.

Southstand(again)
09 October, 2018 16:04
Quote:
Fiver
I listened to the rugby podcast and Ugo actually apologised for writing us off as relegation certainty.

Ugo changing his tune but Chris Jones "It's a pride thing" still tipping us for relegation eye rolling smiley

samlee99
samlee99 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 16:53
Quote:
Patgadd
Give the man a cigar. It's The Harlequin Rugby Club.

Oh dear. It's Harlequin Football Club.

Southstand(again)
09 October, 2018 19:15
Anyway. Flats is tipping Bristol to go back down Flats and shanks podcast 59 mins in

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 19:41
Far too premature to call at the minute with everyone taking points off each other.

Just hope we can kick on now!

Southstand(again)
09 October, 2018 19:59
He's right about not "respecting territory" though. Bristol's exit strategy was not to kick for touch and try and run every ball out of their own 20. Their big lads looked shattered on 30 minutes.
If Pat Lam persists with plan A opposition coaches will be licking their lips at the prospect of playing them.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 22:45
I suspect we'll see Bristol forwards taking longer than normal to tie their boot laces.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 06:16
Quote:
Fiver
I suspect we'll see Bristol forwards taking longer than normal to tie their boot laces.
And "taking the knee!"

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 07:40
I might be a little harsh, perhaps Luatua just isn't very good at tying laces.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net