rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
centrethere
Stade game
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 18:43
Olivier on

w4rriorz1980
Re: Stade game
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 18:48
Not on sports xtra! Thought on 5 live sports xtra! Where the hell is the game?!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 18:50
cox try

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 18:50

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 18:58
SF try from suspicious forward pass

MESSAGES->author
Proflex (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:08

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:08
10 10 lance penalty

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:09
howe try

Warriors23
Warriors23 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:16
Is there radio commentary anywhere.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:25
2nd howe try

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:27
class offload by lawrence to give to howe

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:30
No radio comms that I can find. 13 - 24 half time!

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:30
watching on this link

[cricfree.top]

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:31
Not following the French commentary very well with my schoolboy French (unused for 60+ years) but I think I caught a "c'est magnifique" referring to OL's pass for the last try?

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:56
try hill

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:57
13-31 up after 54 mins

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:57
13 31

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 19:58
Stade scrum looking pretty powerful

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:01
I've given up trying any of the dodgy live tv feeds - keep getting all sorts of virus warnings!!

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:03
Lawrence having a superb game. Some cute kicking too

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:07
SF try

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:16
Yes! Superb try!

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:16
try shillcock

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:19
Try SF.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:19
were 18 ahead and SF score. less than 10 to go

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:23
I think they have just named Ollie Lawrence as MoM?

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:25
27-38 With 1 min to go. Pen wuss going for goal

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:27
What a result! Some serious momentum in that squad now.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:29
27 38

a bit of franglais from the French commentary with one minute to go and a penalty to us - 'ice on le cake'

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:31
Was it a strong Stade?

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:33
Quote:
Abberley
I think they have just named Ollie Lawrence as MoM?

... and I think confirmed it during the summing up?

He was impressive not just in his skills but also playing with great confidence.

Richeyroo
Richeyroo (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:34
I watched the game on France 4. The commentator concluded by saying it is sad because SF lost but a joy because we have seen a new star of rugby tonight in Lawrence

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:37
That's a hell of a result. To get an away win in Europe against a French team is usually pretty good but to get a try bonus, at Stade, AND deny them anything from the game is superb!

Very well done to all concerned with that performance.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:37
Massively impressed with that win! Stade put out a strong team! Shows we have some serious serious talent coming through at the club. More than I gave credit for! They had French and SA internationals in their team.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:38
steyn and fickou on the bench for example. SF tried to play a fast tempo like us but made about 15 mistakes to our 3-4. But we were far more slick and decisive in attack and had a pretty good defense. Heaney, Lance, Lawrence, Humphreys and Howe in the backs all had good games. In the forwards, Cox, Hill Annett (before replaced at 40) and Kerrod seemed prominent, but others all played well with very few errors.

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:39
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!
Was it a strong Stade?

Wasn't their first 15 from what I know, but plenty of first team in there with a few rotations. Certainly not a second string side.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:39
Chapeau Warriors! If Heem, Adams or both leave at the end of this year, we could do worse than trusting Tom Howe to take their spot.

Let's hope Beck is okay.

MESSAGES->author
13 October, 2018 20:41
Congratulations on your victory from a Chiefs supporter. I always look for the Warriors result first after watching my beloved Chiefs. Well done.

ps: I tried the "Wheresthematch.com" website and immediately recieved a phone call from my bank indicating suspicious activity.
BE CAREFUL.

(Sm128)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:41
Ollie is the man!

We are the Warriors the f00king Worcester Warriors!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 20:46
Thank God Abberley sent me the link.So grateful as 5 live Sports Xtra let us down.Just about followed the French commentary!
Saw Tracey in the crowd.

Great result,denied them the bonus and MoM to Lawrence.Our 2nd string in Europe used to be weak.Not anymore.I don't think we could put out a weak "2nd team" or "European team" if we tried.
Said it before,i'll say again,our strength in depth is phenomenal.And it was a strong Stade outfit.Would've been nice to see Parisse play.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2018 21:17 by w4rriorz1980.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 21:39
Credit needs to go to the coaching setup too. We’ve said for a long time we haven’t been able to get the best out of our players, but it seems that we really are starting to this year, home and away.

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 21:41
You cant rely on anything anymore!

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 21:45
From Twitter:-

"We can confirm that Ashley Beck is in hospital in Paris. His condition is being assessed and we hope to be able to update you when we know more.
Thanks for all your messages of support..."

Disturbing.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 21:45
From Twitter:-

"We can confirm that Ashley Beck is in hospital in Paris. His condition is being assessed and we hope to be able to update you when we know more.
Thanks for all your messages of support..."

Disturbing.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 21:46
Quote:
Underdog
Chapeau Warriors! If Heem, Adams or both leave at the end of this year, we could do worse than trusting Tom Howe to take their spot.
Let's hope Beck is okay.

Just saw the tweet on Beck. What happened?

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 21:57
Quote:
Shouting Prarie Dog
Congratulations on your victory from a Chiefs supporter. I always look for the Warriors result first after watching my beloved Chiefs. Well done.
ps: I tried the "Wheresthematch.com" website and immediately recieved a phone call from my bank indicating suspicious activity.
BE CAREFUL.

(Sm128)
Thanks for the heads up.
How do you feel about your 10-10 draw?

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 22:26
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
Underdog
Let's hope Beck is okay.

Ankle was trapped under a tackler. Looked nasty.

The tweet implied more though I felt. Unless I’m reading too much into it.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 22:39
If its a fracture + dislocation then could need an op and metalwork.

Such a shame, as he looked like he was settling in well.

Good luck, Ash.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 23:02
Quote:
usa warrior
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
Underdog
Let's hope Beck is okay.

Ankle was trapped under a tackler. Looked nasty.

The tweet implied more though I felt. Unless I’m reading too much into it.

Gutted! Thankfully Olivier has just returned and Te’o incoming too.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 23:58
That is an incredible result. Honestly the magnitude of this shouldn’t be understated.

Diverdave
Diverdave (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 06:22
Was going to go yesterday but unfortunately the same day as my brothers 65th birthday luncheon in London. I did suggest Paris as an alternative venue but no joy. Anyone know where I can catch a replay of the game on tv.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 07:00
Not sure it quite registered last night with me but that really is a remarkable result. We never win in France and they are second in the Top 14. It sounds like we stood up to their pack and our defence this season is completely transformed...so much of which is attitude and commitment. That’s also now three TBP wins in the last four games, two of which away from home. We seem very motivated and together. The coaches have done a fantastic job.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 07:03
As WS said that is an incredible result!

It will certainly send out a message to every other club , that we can take out 15 of our best players and still score 5 tries in Paris against one of the top clubs in Europe.

AND

A message to those 15 players, "watch your back because there is a good player after your shirt!"

@#$%& my predictions now!

JP

MESSAGES->author
14 October, 2018 07:06
I think that is our first win in France for 10 years.

JP

MESSAGES->author
14 October, 2018 07:10
How did Shilly play?

I know he scored but how did he play?

JP

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 07:15
The breakdown work was again excellent and they were very aggressive in the tackle. Wrapping up the opponent and trying to hold them up really killed Stade's quick go forward ball.

We were able to make a bit of a mess of their lineout too which helped. Just about the only area where SF were on top was in the scrum where they had a clear advantage.

Next weekend should be a good game. Be interesting to see what the coaches do team wise now, I'd hope they keep faith with the same bunch and give the others more of a break again.

Lance needs credit also, good kicking record and really got the backs working. Heaney too, it's easier to distribute with a good breakdown platform but his service was fast and precise.

There really is some good competition for places all over the field now.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 07:59
Really feel for Beck though, his first proper opportunity and sustains a serious injury by the sounds of it.

Touchliner
Touchliner (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 08:01
Quote:
Freypal

We were able to make a bit of a mess of their lineout too which helped. Just about the only area where SF were on top was in the scrum where they had a clear advantage.

Re line-out - Big Joe came on at half time and there was no drop off in our line out which worked well and troubled theirs. It looked tome as if he's doing the necessary to sort out his throwing.

Re scrum - I felt we had parity there too until they brought their front row subs on. They replaced one of their props well before half time and it didn't appear to be injury related. We'll certainly need our first choice props though for the return game in January if qualification is still in the balance for either side as I'm sure they won't experiment with their front row again!

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 08:21
Think this result goes to show what a team spirit we have with this group. Be easy for the ‘2nd Team’ to feel like they weren’t part of the other performances but seems like the confidence is with the whole squad.

Anyone know if there are any highlights online?

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 08:30
DOC's tweet

Congrats @WorcsWarriors great result,delighted for @coxymatt @Ted_Hill26 and the lads. Special day for @Kai05452729 💪. Chin up @Paul_OConnell 😀 #COYW #keepswimming🏊‍♂️

Shillcock was only on at the end and was in the right place supporting to run in his try.

moosehound
COYW (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 08:32
You can watch the full game on france 4 but you will need a VPN to access it.
[www.france.tv]

Old 7
Old 7 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 09:17
Managed to watch a stream last night. Great performance, particularly in defence. Can't speak French but loved the cries of 'attention' from the commentators after a line break or when an overlap was on. They also got excited every time Lawrence got the ball and with some justification.

Re. Lawrence, AS is going to have to find a way to give him enough top flight game time or risk losing him to another prem team.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 09:34
Don't want to come across as a "Wet blanket" but didn't London Irish put 40 points on SF in Paris last October ?

Still a good performance though, but let's keep things in perspective. It's a long way to go before we can achieve my "Optimistic" top six prediction.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 09:34
re. centres - 1 and 1/2 back from injury (Olivier & Teo - who will probably be off with England), and one lost last night to a significant injury (Beck - broken ankle mentioned somewhere), so that gets Lawrence near the subs bench surely (e.g. already on vs Exeter in premiership), but I don't think he would have minded last night vs a top French team and getting MotM.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 09:41
We have a huge dilemma with Mills, Ventor and Lawrence all world class centres. Not bothered about Playing Teo.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 09:49
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Don't want to come across as a "Wet blanket" but didn't London Irish put 40 points on SF in Paris last October ?
Still a good performance though, but let's keep things in perspective. It's a long way to go before we can achieve my "Optimistic" top six prediction.

I think Stade were 3 points off relegation last year - different beast this season.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 10:18
Attritional position (aren't they all). It is a brutal game, and we can only do well with this sort of dilemma.
But I do agree. Coaches keep telling us that these are the headaches that they want to have.
Already with Beck unfortunately injured we look think at 12 (Ben brings a very different game). At least Jono can play 12.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 10:31
Will Butler shouldn’t be that far off either now should he?

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 10:37
Very true.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 11:06
butler. teo. olivier. lawrence. Hammond . howe . humphreys and van breda still available when fit. becides the first choice players

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 11:10
More from Twitter:-

"We can confirm that Ashley Beck suffered a fractured leg in last night's win in Paris. He has travelled back with the team today.
We wish @ashbeckz all the best for a speedy recovery. Thank you all for your messages of concern and support"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2018 11:10 by A38.

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 11:26
A fantastic result for us! After all these years of suffering we at last have a good coaching set up. Hope that statement is not the kiss of death. So pleased that we are scoring so many tries because when Vesty left I was one of the few who wasn’t worried as Doak was arriving and I’d followed him at Ulster. Must admit that after the Newcastle game I was wondering if it was the same Doak. Again hope that this isn’t the kiss of death.

Touchliner
Touchliner (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 11:39
Quote:
Warrior7
Quote:
Southstand(again)

I think Stade were 3 points off relegation last year - different beast this season.

They only avoided relegation last season thanks to Oyonnax losing their last match - they were struggling from the start and wouldn't have had Europe high on their priorities. This season they've only lost to Clermont (away) and Racing 92 (by a point) and have beaten Castres the french champions away from home!

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 11:56
Quote:
Whispering_Death
Credit needs to go to the coaching setup too. We’ve said for a long time we haven’t been able to get the best out of our players, but it seems that we really are starting to this year, home and away.

I agree, let's hope it continues.

I really enjoyed that match, can't remember the last time I was so impressed by us in Europe.

I thought certain players really put their hands up for a place in our best 15, as I don't think anyone has mentioned them yet I'll say Phillips and Humphreys both looked really good.

If Lawrence can get his defence as good as his attack he'll be a world beater, aside from a few handling errors he was brilliant all game, a constant threat, we should try and sign him on as long a contract as we can.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 12:26
Quote:
AJWarriors
Will Butler shouldn’t be that far off either now should he?

Had heard December for Will.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 13:01
Quote:
Touchliner
Quote:
Warrior7
Quote:
Southstand(again)

They only avoided relegation last season thanks to Oyonnax losing their last match - they were struggling from the start and wouldn't have had Europe high on their priorities. This season they've only lost to Clermont (away) and Racing 92 (by a point) and have beaten Castres the french champions away from home!

I'm not saying it wasn't a good win. Looking at the SF team they fielded eight players that started their previous Top14 game plus three that made the bench, so it was hardly a reserve side. It's just you never know what "Mindset" French sides show up with in this competition. I think the "Big boy" competition is much more of an indicator.

Unfortunately we will have to wait for next season for that (Sm14)

Touchliner
Touchliner (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 13:02
18 of the 23 for Stade Francais last night were in the 23 who went to Castres the previous week and beat the French champions

Wah-RE-or
Wah-RE-or (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 16:30
That was a very impressive win and shows the commitment, spirit and depth we have in the squad along with a settled coaching team. Long may it last.....

Inbox
Inbox (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 16:33
Keep winning games going is important for the squad, builds confidence and puts pressure on the first team to know that others are pushing for their places.

Next week’s game against the Ospreys ( Hook, North et al) will be a far better guide on how the squad is progressing...

Lets hope 3 straight wins (and 4 wins in 5 games) really starts to show that the squad is moving forward and hopefully give us strength in depth to get out of the relegation battle and move at least to mid table “comfort”.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 18:16
Quote:
Inbox
Next week’s game against the Ospreys ( Hook, North et al) will be a far better guide on how the squad is progressing...

That’s going to depend very much on how they approach the competition.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 08:29
Sixways is James Hook's bogey ground. Does anyone remember him being caught for speed on the wing by Matt Mullan, and he usually had a shocker here when playing for Gloucester. I don't remember seeing George North playing at Sixways. He must have done, but it clearly wasn't memorable.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 08:40
Quote:
Malvern Man
Sixways is James Hook's bogey ground. Does anyone remember him being caught for speed on the wing by Matt Mullan, and he usually had a shocker here when playing for Gloucester. I don't remember seeing George North playing at Sixways. He must have done, but it clearly wasn't memorable.

Being caught by Matt Mullan was at Ospreys not Sixways

MESSAGES->author
ARFC Warrior (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 08:43
Quote:
Malvern Man
Sixways is James Hook's bogey ground. Does anyone remember him being caught for speed on the wing by Matt Mullan,

That was in Swansea.

[www.youtube.com]

Slow looking up the clip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2018 08:46 by ARFC Warrior.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 09:03
Quote:
Southstand(again)

I'm not saying it wasn't a good win. Looking at the SF team they fielded eight players that started their previous Top14 game plus three that made the bench, so it was hardly a reserve side. It's just you never know what "Mindset" French sides show up with in this competition. I think the "Big boy" competition is much more of an indicator.

Unfortunately we will have to wait for next season for that (Sm14)

Actually if you look at their team over the course of the Top 14 season so far 6 of the starting 15 on Saturday night are first choice in the league. Plus by the end of the game with subs their team was over 2/3 of players were in the first team which sits 2nd in Top 14.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 09:22
Sorry about my wrong placement of the Mullen/Hook chase. It must have been on live TV, as I remember it very clearly.

Diverdave
Diverdave (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 09:41
Does anyone know if there are to be any video highlights or full match video posted on the EPCR website, or anywhere else.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 10:17

MESSAGES->author
15 October, 2018 11:34
Nope looks like it wasn't video'ed

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 11:57
There are highlights of round 1 listed on the www.francetv website.

[www.france.tv]

It’s geo-locked, should be available via any reliable vpn.
“Pour des raisons de droits concédés à France Télévisions, cette vidéo n'est pas disponible depuis votre position géographique.”

MESSAGES->author
15 October, 2018 12:50
"For reasons of rights granted to France Télévisions, this video is not available from your geographical position."

Yup need a VPN.. Which is why I missed the match on Saturday (Sm147)

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Touchliner
Touchliner (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 13:01
The link is to coverage of the whole match rather than Round 1 highlights!

Available for 5 days - with VPN of course.

Unlocator is free for a 7 day trial.......

MESSAGES->author
15 October, 2018 13:04
Apparently the Opera browser has a built in VPN.. Might try that this evening

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 13:07
I use Opera and get the not available message - but I have no idea what a VPN is.

MESSAGES->author
15 October, 2018 13:08
Virtual Prvate Network

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 13:17
Quote:
A38
I use Opera and get the not available message - but I have no idea what a VPN is.

It's a piece of software that hides your ip address and lets you choose a particular country to show as your location. Thus broadcasting rights restrictions (as can other sorts of restrictions) can be overcome.

Generally safe, many are free, the ones that cost a few pennies tend to be more stable than the free ones, and they often suffer from lack of speed so buffering is common.

MESSAGES->author
15 October, 2018 13:41
How to turn on VPN in Opera

[blogs.opera.com]

Threepear
Threepear (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 15:09
Club just posted highlights:

[twitter.com]

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 18:06
Slightly longer one from Stade Francais on YouTube:

[youtu.be]

MESSAGES->author
15 October, 2018 18:24
Is it me or did Wynard say something like "score the try before you celebrate" to Shillcock ? Well that's what he should have said (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 06:13
How good was Ollie Lawrence in those clips? That lad has a really bright future in front of him, and it better be in a Warriors shirt!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net