rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Simba
Welsh Star to Stay in England.
Simba (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 12:36
[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Thoughts on the reprocusions particularly regarding Adams. Would he still be forced to leave?

MESSAGES->author
Re: Welsh Star to Stay in England.
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 13:43
If Adams is now offered an "extension" and is then told he must return to Wales would be wrong.

JP

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 14:47
Reading the article it appears Chiefs are going to take up an option of an extension that formed part of his original contract so its not a new deal. Unless we have similar clauses in Adams contract then he will be off.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 15:02
Bang on WBW.

Itís really very simple, and depends on the fine print of Joshís contract.

MESSAGES->author
28 October, 2018 15:13
Forget if its in the contract.

Offer him an "extension to the original" contract, then it isn't a "new" contract.

JP

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 15:18
Agreed about the fine print but does it mark the thin end of the wedge for the 60 ruling?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 15:26
Quote:
Faithful_City
Forget if its in the contract.
Offer him an "extension to the original" contract, then it isn't a "new" contract.

JP

Donít agree.

Itís made clear that Francis had a second extension option in his original contract. Itís not a new offer, and that wouldnít be acceptable to WRU.

Josh either has or hasnít got a similar option, and we donít know.

MESSAGES->author
28 October, 2018 16:27
It may have been an option oh his, however it is the term "New Contract" that counts in the WRFU rules. To stop players moving out of Wales to play in another country on a "New Contact"

We are not asking him to sign a new contract!

We are offering an "exension" to an old contract. I am sure there will be a good argument/lawyer that can save face for both WRFU and warriors.

JP

MESSAGES->author
28 October, 2018 16:33
Gatland wants to scrap it anyway, this gives him an option and a good excuse to keep a player playing in the prem and against English opposition.

JP

MESSAGES->author
Re: Welsh Star to Stay in Engla
28 October, 2018 21:15
Quote:
Faithful_City

We are offering an "exension" to an old contract. I am sure there will be a good argument/lawyer that can save face for both WRFU and warriors.

JP

Sadly JP you couldnít be more wrong, Adams has signed a contract with us that expires at the end of the season. If he signs up for longer it will be a new contract and letís be honest at probably much better pay than he is on now as he is an established player. The Chiefs are taking up an option in the contract so itís the same terms etc just a different end date.

The absolute key is Josh would be legally required to sign a new contract to extend his deal and that means the contract superceeds his previous one no such signing of paperwork is required by the Chiefs.

The only way for Josh to stay is for either him to decide he doesnít want to play for Wales or the WRU scrap the rule.

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 00:43
You can still entend a contract on varied terms though (ie pay)? We used to do it all the time with IT contractors at a previous firm I worked at. Where is BB when you need him?!

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 06:52
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Quote:
Faithful_City

JP

Sadly JP you couldnít be more wrong, Adams has signed a contract with us that expires at the end of the season. If he signs up for longer it will be a new contract and letís be honest at probably much better pay than he is on now as he is an established player. The Chiefs are taking up an option in the contract so itís the same terms etc just a different end date.

The absolute key is Josh would be legally required to sign a new contract to extend his deal and that means the contract superceeds his previous one no such signing of paperwork is required by the Chiefs.

The only way for Josh to stay is for either him to decide he doesnít want to play for Wales or the WRU scrap the rule.

I think WBW is bang on the money here

BBW - it could just be a case of semantics whereby youíd all refer to it as an extension - but legally speaking it would have been new.

Unless there were specific measures to allow extension and amendment with due notice and agreement - as this would all be part of the original agreement.

My contract law knowledge is probably only a 6/10 really - but my gut says that if you had a specific agreement for a specific period - then that is the original agreement and anything else would be a new agreement no matter how clever you tried to be with what you call it.

Again itís not my strongest suit and I donít know the case law - just my initial reaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2018 06:54 by TVM Rides Again.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 09:52
Speaking as an ex-contractor, I would only ever have one contract (terms and Conditions etc.) with a client but would have multiple Statement of Works detailing each piece of work. I would sign the SoW on repeat business (either running on or after an absence of months and even years), but not the Contract - so leave it to a lawyer who would make my day rates seem cheap!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 10:17
The other question is which region is in a position to match any offer we may make?

MESSAGES->author
29 October, 2018 11:28
Absolutely Rollo.

Wherever he goes in Wales he will lose money, lots of money and he may not get much game time either.

JP

MESSAGES->author
29 October, 2018 13:03
He signed his current deal in 2016 when he was not established if my google search is correct so I doubt he will be on great sums of money with us, obviously if he stayed I would expect a six figure sum to be on the table so while its unlikely to be matched by a Welsh region the choice is clear sign for a region and play for Wales or stay at Worcester and don't play international rugby. As much as I am keen for Josh to stay I don't see it happening without a major rule change from the RFU.

MESSAGES->author
Drutz (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 13:01
Quote:
Faithful_City
Absolutely Rollo.
Wherever he goes in Wales he will lose money, lots of money and he may not get much game time either.

JP

Unless he joins Newport, as has been hinted, of course who are being bankrolled by David Buttress, who founded Just Eat and is valued at £4.7 Bn.

Do you think Warriors can outspend him?

Pulling the boots on for one more year

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 13:56
It doesn't matter about out spending anyone, Josh is going.. For his Wales career and no amount of money is going to be able to keep him at Sixways.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net