rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Team for Saracens
A38 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:36
3 on loan

[warriors.co.uk]

Warriors have named three loan players in a much-changed squad for Sunday’s Premiership Rugby Cup match against Saracens at Allianz Park (kick-off 3.00pm).

Lock Lewis Bean and centre James Williams, who are on loan from National One club Birmingham Moseley, will start against the reigning Gallagher Premiership champions with Hartpury hooker Jordan Liney named as a replacement.

Bean, a serving soldier, and Williams have played for Worcester Cavaliers in the Premiership Rugby Shield this season and have also trained regularly with Warriors at Sixways. Liney joined Greene King IPA Championship club Hartpury during the summer from Bristol Bears’ Academy.

Blindside flanker Zac Xiourouppa will make his first Warriors appearance in two years and full-back Nick David his debut. Xiourouppa has been recalled from a loan spell with Cornish Pirates in the Championship while David made his debut for Moseley, where he is dual-registered, at Loughborough Students last Saturday.

Hooker Beck Cutting, prop Nick Rigby and winger Alex Hearle, who are dual- registered with Hartpury, Birmingham & Solihull and Moseley respectively, are among those named in a Warriors squad for the first time this season.

South Africa centre Wynand Olivier, will captain Warriors on his 50th appearance, and Zimbabwe prop Farai Mudariki, who is returning from a neck injury will provide international experience at Allianz Park

Warriors
15 Nick David
14 Dean Hammond
13 Wynand Olivier (C)
12 James Williams
11 Tom Howe
10 Scott van Breda
9 Luke Baldwin
1 Ryan Bower
2 Beck Cutting
3 Simon Kerrod
4 Lewis Bean
5 Andrew Kitchener
6 Zac Xiourouppa
7 Matti Williams
8 Matt Cox

Replacements
16 Jordan Liney
17 Ethan Waller
18 Farai Mudariki
19 James Scott
20 Nick Rigby
22 Alex Hearle
23 Luke Scully

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 11:37 by A38.

1876-Fez
Re: Team for Saracens
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:41
Us
FORWARDS: Richard Barrington (144), Christopher Tolofua (24), Christian Judge (4), Dom Day (16), Will Skelton (33), Calum Clark (20), Schalk Burger (56), Ben Earl (21).

BACKS: Matt Gallagher (20), Ali Crossdale (4), Marcelo Bosch (124), Dom Morris (7), Alex Lewington (8), Max Malins (17), Tom Whiteley (16).

REPLACEMENTS: Tom Woolstencroft (2), Ralph Adams-Hale (1), Hisa Sasagi (0), Chris van Zyl (0), Joel Kpoku (2), Mike Rhodes (77), Henry Taylor (11), Nick Tompkins (76).

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:55
Could be a closer game then I suspected

JP

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 12:09
Quote:
Faithful_City
JP

How so?

I was going to say the winning run was nice whilst it lasted.

I will be very impressed if we win this, certain players would make a strong case for being in the first XV

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 12:26
I fully see the plan here, and hope it comes off over the long term, but I do fear the worst for Sunday.

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 12:27
Quote:
dkexile
Quote:
Faithful_City
JP

How so?

I was going to say the winning run was nice whilst it lasted.

I will be very impressed if we win this, certain players would make a strong case for being in the first XV

Agree - they will have to play extremely well to win this. Possible given recent form but it will be a real test. Glad to see Van Breda starting at 10 to prove himself.

You can probably take a good guess at next weeks team too from the absences here.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 12:34
How dare Saracens not enter into the spirit of the tournament!

This could be a big thrashing...

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 13:11
I fear we are in for a record loss. Men against boys.

Wah-RE-or
Wah-RE-or (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 13:13
Nice Saucie, nice.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 13:37
Time for a taste of our own medicine. Brace for impact....

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 13:51
Good to see Worcester nihilism is never far from the surface

Sara'sman
Sara'sman (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 14:19
I know that much of the above is tongue in cheek after Sale, but we've only Rhodes (bench) from our First XV in the squad, with 3 more - Tolofua, Barrington and Skelton from our best 23 (all starting). Only Barrington played in the last 2 games, so they need game time. For what it's worth I don't agree with the criticism over squad selections. Whilst I'd like to see caps on "First XV/23" numbers allowed, currently there is no limit and it is for each club to decide what is in their own best interest.

To explain the above:
15 Goode, 14 Williams, 13 Taylor, 12 Barritt, 11 Maitland, 10 Farrell, 9 Wigglesworth;
1 Vunipola, 2 George, 3 Koch, 4 Itoje, 5 Kruis, 6 Rhodes, 7 Wray, 8 Vunipola;
16 Tolofua, 17 Barrington, 18 Figallo, 19 Skelton, 20 Isiekwe; 21 Spencer, 22 Lozowski, 23 Strettle.

Also missing but who would probably have been selected (injured):
LH Thompson-Stringer?, H Spurling, TH Lamositele, Walker, BR Conlon, Vailanu C Griffiths and a couple of youngsters.

Safe travels to anyone coming. It is good to see Wuss playing some great rugby and getting results again.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 14:46
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
nihilism is never far from the surface

I that a technical rugby term TVM ??

Result of a quick internet search of nihilism : " the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless"

How does that work in the context of this thread ? !

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 14:49
From what I've seen on tv of the young lock Kpoku,he looks like another Itojie in the making.Flats bigged him up on the C5 highlights.Got a brother in the Sarries academy.Another lock i think.
Him and another young lad Crossdale I've been impressed with from Sarries.
Shows their academy is nearly as strong as ours......(Sm151)

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 14:51 by w4rriorz1980.

Haslam
09 November, 2018 15:13
Yep, there's two Kpokus - twins!

We've gone with a senior pack, but junior backs - will be interesting if the old idiom around deciding the game will hold true.

I'm looking forward to Luke Baldwin returning to Sarries for the game.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 15:42
Quote:
Latecomer
Quote:
TVM Rides Again

Result of a quick internet search of nihilism : " the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless"

Oh lor' - not religion again....

My poitn was one sniff of a Sarries team - any Sarries team and everyone is back into 'all is lost' mode.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 15:55
Quote:
Superman wears Schalk Brits pyjamas
We've gone with a senior pack, but junior backs - will be interesting if the old idiom around deciding the game will hold true.

I was thinking that. I think the game will be won by the back five of your pack. Nothing meant by that towards our players, or even the rest of the Sarries team.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 16:29
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Quote:
Latecomer
Quote:
TVM Rides Again

Oh lor' - not religion again....

No offence TVM, and I certainly couldn't be considered religious by the stretch of anyone's imagination !!

Not come across the word nihilism previously so Googled it and wondered whether it was appropriate for the point you were obviously trying to make (which I am in agreement with by the way).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 16:31 by Latecomer.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 18:17
Nihilism isn't restricted to religion.
Just means seeing only doom and gloom (says he not reaching for any dictionary).

Looking at the teams, Sarries should be firm favourites, but hope the confidence oozing through the squad will make a game of it.

Dorset will pick teams in this competition according to their own priorities. Ours is trying to pick up points in the prem when it returns.

MESSAGES->author
IanRed (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 19:37
Who is Dorset?

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 19:57
Quote:
IanRed
Who is Dorset?

Autocorrect version of DoRs?

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 20:05
If Dorset was a DoR he’d certainly pick Kepplai.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 23:10
Quote:
Offa
Nihilism isn't restricted to religion.
Just means seeing only doom and gloom (says he not reaching for any dictionary).

From the Oxford English Dictionary Offa (& TVM) :-
Quote :
noun
mass noun

1. The rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.

1.1 Philosophy The belief that nothing in the world has a real existence.

1.2 historical The doctrine of an extreme Russian revolutionary party c.1900 which found nothing to approve of in the established social order.
Unquote :

Nothing there about misplaced pessimism regarding Warriors !!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 08:22
Well, I've certainly met many folk for whom point 1. appears true.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 10:43
A Horse walks into a bar. The Bartender sees such a vivid depth of despair and dissatisfaction in the Horse's eyes, like the Horse has stared into the abyss and found the infinite void of nothingness so deep that the Horse could no longer believe that he himself nor anyone nor anything else existed. To say something exists requires knowledge of self, which requires knowledge of existence of the self, an obviously impossible leap of logic, absurd to even attempt to conceive or contemplate. The Bartender, in that single instant within the Horse's mind, became the nothingness the Horse perceived, and thus was rendered speechless. If neither the Horse, nor the Bartender, nor the bar itself can be said to exist, then why should he ask, how could he ask, "why the long face?" The question can have no meaning, and that which has no meaning cannot be stated. The Bartender, dumbstruck, not by realization of mortality but by fundamental doubt that he was ever alive, gazes into the endless depth of the Horse's eyes, and asks him, "Sir, I beg you say, do I exist?" The Horse replies, "Neighhhh...

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 10:53
Back on topic, it is a stronger staring 15 than I was expecting, TBH. Not quite sure why we will get a thrashing!!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 13:24
Quote:
Big Bird Warrior
Back on topic, it is a stronger staring 15 than I was expecting, TBH. Not quite sure why we will get a thrashing!!

Bet we do!

FORWARDS: Richard Barrington (144), Christopher Tolofua (24), Christian Judge (4), Dom Day (16), Will Skelton (33), Calum Clark (20), Schalk Burger (56), Ben Earl (21).

BACKS: Matt Gallagher (20), Ali Crossdale (4), Marcelo Bosch (124), Dom Morris (7), Alex Lewington (8), Max Malins (17), Tom Whiteley (16).

REPLACEMENTS: Tom Woolstencroft (2), Ralph Adams-Hale (1), Hisa Sasagi (0), Chris van Zyl (0), Joel Kpoku (2), Mike Rhodes (77), Henry Taylor (11), Nick Tompkins (76).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net