rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Warrior15
Singleton to wasps?
Warrior15 (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 09:00
[www.rugbypass.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2018 09:08 by Warrior15.

usa warrior
Re: Singleton to wasps?
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 09:06
Comes from Andy Goode on the RugbyPod a few weeks back and was also on here.

Possible, but also could be agent speak.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 09:10
McCrory states he wants to focus on bringing youth through and Singleton is exactly that

Let's see where his commitment and wallet it is?

JP

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 10:30
Quote:
Faithful_City
McCrory states he wants to focus on bringing youth through and Singleton is exactly that
Let's see where his commitment and wallet it is?

JP

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

Yoda

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 10:40
I heard it in the local Star Wars Cafe also......(strange clientele though!)

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 11:52
Understandable that they're after him, and he may well go. I hope he doesn't as he plays a lot for us, does well, and has got into the reckoning for England hooker too.

Hartley won't last beyond the next world cup, and then it's George, LCD and Dunne at Bath. As far as I'm aware, Jack is the youngest of that lot, so could be a decent bet for the bench at least.

He's worth a pay bump IMO but then it's not my money.

MESSAGES->author
13 November, 2018 13:13
Please name a player who has left Warriors to further his International career and has actually furthered it?

The Only 2 I can recall are Wood and Hartley.

JP

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 13:49
How many hookers do Wasps need/want? This season they have on the books, Ashley 'What diet pills' Johnson, Tommy Taylor, Tom Cruse, and Antonio 'TJ' Harris, who's a couple of years older than Jack. There's also a lad called Gabriel Oghre in their Senior Academy Squad.

At least the Rugby Pass article acknowledged that it's Wasps making noises and that Jack seems happy at Warriors. The latter firmly places the ball in our court to make sure we make him an offer he's happy with, so he has no need or reason to look elsewhere.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 13:56
BB I believe that you have it there.

They may be making noises, but if we offer him a good deal, which he deserves, then there is no reason for him to be leaving.

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 15:44
While we all support the emphasis on the younger players I hope that it doesn’t become part of a cost cutting exercise.

MESSAGES->author
13 November, 2018 15:56
I feel that is exacty what is going to happen and we become a feede club or Wasps and Glaws.

JP

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 07:24
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

In today's WN.

Probably not a great deal he can say at this time in the season. I suspect that we shall see quite a few rumours over the next few months.

Rugby is going the way of football increasingly with salary inflation and inter-club movement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2018 07:30 by A38.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 10:47
I was told form credible source that eight players had signed contracts ( presume pre-contracts ) with other clubs before Ged arrived. Maybe Ged is busy trying to unpick those?

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 11:21
If you're not allowed to talk to other clubs before January, surely a pre-contract is proof of a breach of the rules.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 11:24
Only Premiership clubs. CLubs outside England are fine to speak to.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Brummagem Bertie
14 November, 2018 11:26
Quote:
ROLLO
I was told form credible source that eight players had signed contracts ( presume pre-contracts ) with other clubs before Ged arrived.

IF
true (that they have signed contracts with other clubs, not that you were told they had) that would be a clear breach of the rules UNLESS the clubs involved are outside of the Premiership. Prem clubs are not allowed to approach players at other Prem clubs until 1st January. I would be amazed if "approach" didn't include pre-contracts, letters of intent, or however you want to call it.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 11:44
I was told by Coxy’s brother that he was looking to go to France,that was a few months back though.

As for what people have said above I agree with,but clubs approach players well before January via agents ect,but as for pre contracts I doubt they would be Prem teams that have done it..more than likely French teams.

I could see Faosiliva being one of those players and Potgieter too.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 13:19
The person that told me said that by and large blind eye's were being turned - the RFU/PRL are not really bothered.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 16:26
I suppose blind eyes are fine until that solicitor's letter drops onto the mat. I seem to remember London Welsh testing out that theory.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 10:44
Jack to Sarries ?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 11:18
Would be more palatable, however I'd still rather he stayed with us.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 12:22
Id hope he stays although not if he keeps performing like he did on Saturday, hopefully it was just a blip.

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 13:05
I cant see why they would want or need him and Taylor; yes Johnson is not good enough throwing in but they have Tom Cruse too.If he leaves us it doesn't matter where he goes really - he is not playing for us which is the issue.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 12:17
Rugbypass How many guesses are they allowed ?

Brummagem Bertie
24 November, 2018 14:58
Singleton to Sarriors makes even less sense to me than to Wasps.

Jack has made his way into the England set up at Worcester and has established himself as pretty much first choice hooker at Sixways. If he wants to progress his England standing he needs to be playing regular rugby.

If he goes to Sarries he's likely to be no more than second choice, behind George. I don't see how that helps his England prospects if he's coming on only for the last 20 of most games.

For Sarries, if he fulfils his potential (and they would want him to be the best player he can be) they then lose their first and second choice hookers, not just for the England internationals but also the extra weeks in camp. That means that they are guaranteed to start their third choice and have their 4th choice on the bench for at least several Prem games.

I really hope that this is someone putting two and two together and coming up with 5, based on no more than Jack being out of contract at the end of the season, coming from down there and starting out in Sarries academy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net