rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Warrior7
Tonight
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 20:44
I mean that was clearly no try but it was worth it for the Ugo reaction - has been horrendously biased all game, not sure how he has a job commentating.

Someone must have had a word because he was a lot better after that.

Since the Briz game we seem to be trying to play way too much rugby, but luckily our defence is good and the line out improved markedly. Great game from Cox really pleased for him - also poor refereeing from both sides.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/11/2018 00:16 by Warrior7.

AJWarriors
Re: Tonight
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 21:16
The whole BT team were. Shocked at how much they backed Quins in almost everything they were saying..they may have well said they wanted them to win,especially that Wasps ladies Full Back. Ugo is Ugo...he’s boring as.

To the game though,the defence and line out were excellent..but off in attack but not worried by that,but we were colossus in the collision and defence.

BronsonWarrior
BronsonWarrior (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 21:19
A third of the way into the season, we’re in the Champions Cup places not rooted to the foot of the table, and we have a positive points difference not -100 already.

Plenty of time for it all to collapse, but I’m proud of my club.

jonnyboywarrior
jonnyboywarrior (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 21:25
Not wonderful in attack but superb in defence. Forwards very physical and got the upper hand most of the game. Really pleased for Matt Cox getting man of the match.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 21:27
Commentary very biased towards Quins tonight but what a win. Excellent. Our defence was the winner tonight, absolutely brilliant. Hougaard, Mills, Cox, Hill, Singleton, Schonert, Weir...all outstanding. Great win.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 21:36
TRY

Sorry but the ball goes backwards, is definitely over the line and Ryan exerts pressure on the ball with his upper body.By the letter of the law how can it not be a try Warrior 7 ? eye rolling smiley

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 21:46
A win's a win.

Not sure which team made the most mistakes - it must have been close.

Certainly, I feel, the game was won by Worcester's defence. Quins' attack looked very swift indeed.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 21:48
Monye doesn't half make himself look stupid some times. Granted we all chat rubbish in favour of our teams and scoff at ref decisions that turn out to be right but we're not all paid to talk about the sport on live telly.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 21:52
He’s not very good at being a “neutral” commentator either,but that Danielle Waterman I think her name was...she was just on another level all together

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 21:59
He's really not a great pundit full stop but maybe he'll grow into it.

As for the game: absolutely minging but how nice is it to come away from a terrible game that we at least won? Defence was top notch and lineout was sorted. Passing and catching practice this week methinks.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 22:02
A win that was well ground out - just the sort of game we would have lost in previous seasons. The lads played with confidence and didn't let the mistakes put them off their game. Very satisfying.

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 22:04
Entertaining from the ground and very pleasing to grind out the win. Gutsy performance.

halfback09
halfback09 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 22:04
Never looked like losing this one

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 22:09
Brilliant defence from us tonight. Really annoyed we’ve let them sneak a LBP as they were never in the game. Never mind, onto glos now. Delighted for Matt Cox.

Inbox
Inbox (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 22:15
Not a game to remember but our defence was solid particularly second half. We didn’t make it easy for ourselves in the last 15 minutes but thankful Quins errors were greater than ours.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 22:17
Southstand, I would be pretty aggrieved if that had been given against us so it makes it hard for me to consider a try, despite it being so. I'm still thankful it was though!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 22:21
A scrappy game I'm happy to have won.Pleased for Cox.
Needed to win this as we will not get much change from Glaws next week.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 23:26
Quote:
A38
A win's a win.
Not sure which team made the most mistakes - it must have been close.

Certainly, I feel, the game was won by Worcester's defence. Quins' attack looked very swift indeed.

Not the Quins attack I saw. It looked good for two plays at the beginning and after that - intercept apart - they never looked like scoring

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 00:55
Matt Cox.......The Postman. He ALWAYS delivers!

Albionwarrior
Albionwarrior (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 04:13
We are not yet anywhere near the stage where we are expected to win entertainingly ......

A win is a win by whatever means .....

But the be fair, without scouring the record books, so far is is probably one of the bests if not the best start to any premiership season with the league wins and cup wins ... not to mention the Northampton, Sale and Newcastle games that could also easily have been wins ....

We could have been 3rd at the moment .... amazing

Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 04:15
Quote:
kiddykid
Matt Cox.......The Postman. He ALWAYS delivers!

YES! So good to see Coxy get his shot this weekend

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 07:51
Another reflection on the game: the goal kicking. It made a considerable difference last night.

Norfolk Warrior
Norfolk Warrior (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 08:43
A wonderful win and an absolutely stunning defence. However I am a little concerned that we may have picked up one or two injuries. Can the players soak up the tremendous physical stress if they have to play defensively like that regularly?

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 08:52
I think that at the moment we have five back row forwards injured. Can’t afford another injury in that department.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 08:54
I know I go on a bit about St. Nick Schonert, but it was very satisfying to see him fronting up to Marler last night, to the extent that big Joe left the field first.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 09:53
According to ESPN Schonert made 20 tackles and missed 2 - great stats for a tight head prop. The backrow all had similar numbers and so did Mills and Venter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/11/2018 10:28 by Warrior7.

samlee99
samlee99 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 09:54
Quote:
Underdog
He's really not a great pundit full stop but maybe he'll grow into it.

He's much better than he was!

Hallowed Warrior
Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 09:57
Good win last night and the coaching team must be given huge credit for turning around the mis-firing lineout so quickly from the Bath game. Great to see Coxy doing so well and I thought the whole back row were magnificent.

The officials need to start clamping down on the number of 'water-boys' running onto the field every 2 minutes. I thought Adam Jones was playing for Quins last night the amount of time he was on!!!

Stewards in the east stand should also note that 10 minutes into the game people were still meandering down the front of the stand - FFS use the stairwells!! Also those leaving early go out the back of the stand too!!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 10:36
How many times in the past have we played one of the 'better' teams, had the better of possession and territory, but the other side has been more clinical with their chances and found a way to grind out the win? And we've said afterwards that that's what good teams do, find a way to win even when they don't have the best of the game.

Last night we were decidedly second best in terms of possession and territory and conceded more penalties, I think. But we hung in there, took our chances and found a way to win.

Perhaps, just maybe, we're becoming a good side?

Whatever you do, do it safely!

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 10:37
I think all the coaches we currently have are excellent,but I think a lot of credit must go to Rory Duncan. He seems a really intelligent guy and identifies problems and rectifies them quickly. I think if that was a few seasons back,then it would have taken months rather than a week to sort out.

Sharky has really improved his game too,he looks really fit and incredibly strong in the tackle. Every time he made a collision he was knocking people backwards,but not only that,but his general play has improved too. I think before when he received the ball he would just carry into contact,but now he’s looking for the pass,which is what Eddie Jones wants.

Hopefully we can get a few absentees back and really make this season special..it has a different feel from any other season and it has a feel good factor about it. I hope they keep this going!

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 10:48
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
How many times in the past have we played one of the 'better' teams, had the better of possession and territory, but the other side has been more clinical with their chances and found a way to grind out the win? And we've said afterwards that that's what good teams do, find a way to win even when they don't have the best of the game.
Last night we were decidedly second best in terms of possession and territory and conceded more penalties, I think. But we hung in there, took our chances and found a way to win.

Perhaps, just maybe, we're becoming a good side?

I think we are becoming a good side too. We have some real quality players in the squad. What really p*ssed me off last night with the BT sport people,they gave us no credit whatsoever and were saying we were a team Quins should be beating. Why should they? Man for man we either matched them or were better! I think the only guys from BT that gives us credit is Austin Healey and Flats

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 11:08
I'm glad I haven't got BT Sport anymore. I think I'd have thrown something at the TV. The good thing was I couldn't hear their nonsense from the south stand.

I think we'd all agree that the team didn't click last night, but still ground out the win. I'd love to see great flowing rugby every game, but in the real world last night showed exactly what we need to do, and didn't do earlier in the season against Wasps and Falcons.

I am worried about a few of our players who looked like they carried knocks. Hougaard is a worry with his knee, Nick always has a few sit downs with the medics so I'm hoping it's nothing new, and Weir was hobbling about at times. Strangely enough we finished the game with the same set of 7 backs as we started.

Really happy for Matt Cox, although I thought all of the forwards fronted up. Bressler put in some massive hits. I'm still not sure who levelled Mike Brown, I did enjoy it though.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 11:49
The Harlequins biased BT team (except for Ben Kay) were right about one thing. The floodlights at Sixways are very poor.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 12:22
I agree with fiver. Matt was definitely my Person of the Match.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 16:51
Omar doesn’t seem very impressed
“Some people not gracious in defeat ... we’re in a tough business ... we need to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat ...Long road to travel still by well done to our boys last night ... good display of grit .#DF @WorcsWarriors”

Well said Omar.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 17:26
STILL 6TH WITH A GAME TO GO!!!!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

SiBolton
SiBolton (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 18:31
Quins supporter in peace
Enjoyed the trip up last night, always do, but rarely the result.
Said at the beginning of the season when everyone was saying you would be relegation fodder they where wrong
You defence was outstanding last night
Thanks again to all those we met and spoke to.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 18:36
Quote:
SiBolton
Quins supporter in peace
Enjoyed the trip up last night, always do, but rarely the result.
Said at the beginning of the season when everyone was saying you would be relegation fodder they where wrong
You defence was outstanding last night
Thanks again to all those we met and spoke to.
Thank You.
You might not have been many but you definitely made yourselves heard!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

sat fan
sat fan (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 10:29
When was the last time we had more players away on International duty than Quins?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net