rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
The wednesday Team Prediction
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 07:57
Tough game coming up, how good are we really.

15. Pennell
14. Heem
13. Venter
12. Mills
11. Adams

10. Weir
09. Hougaard

01. Black
02. Singleton
03. Schonert (if fit otherwise Milasinovic)
04. Phillips
05. Barry
06. Hill
07. Lewis
08. Cox

16. Annett
17. Waller
18. Milasinovic(Kerrod)
19. Fatialofa
20. Bresler
21. Heaney
22. Shilcock
23. Te'o

Or maybe even rest Te'o and Fatialofa for another 2 weeks and play them against Pau at home ready for Saints on the 21st

JP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/11/2018 08:05 by Faithful_City.

Ake1985
Re: The wednesday Team Prediction
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 08:27
I'd swap Bresler and Barry.

Think solomons has already said Fatialofa won't be involved until Pau. So, if fit, GJ on the bench and if not then williams

I'd like to see Humphreys in the squad still as well.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 08:46
Adams and Heem will be the wings, Humphries is not really a utility back for the finishers so that is more likely to go to Te'o or Olivier

Fatialofa and Te'o as per my words after the selection I think

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 10:47
Is Hougaard fit? I'm presuming so, as he carried on, but didn't look in great shape.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 11:30
Teo must be absolutely shattered. He will need a few months off at least.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 12:46
I imagine there's doubts over van Velze, Hougaard and Schonert who all picked up knocks.

Te'o and Adams also coming off the back off 3 internationals each and might well be rested until the Northampton game.

In his press conference notes Alan Solomans said "Some of the other players will be back but others will be rested." So potentially we could see a bit of squad rotation for this game.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 14:40
Quote:
Whispering_Death
Teo must be absolutely shattered. He will need a few months off at least.

Don't worry I'm sure he'll be fit by February.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 16:25
Te’o should be rested now until England’s first fixture in the Six Nations.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 16:56
I see this game as a bit of a free hit. Gloucester are attacking so well in general but Exeter put them under pressure and make them force things. In that way it's an acid test for Omar's systems.

I'd also like to see our attack back in harness too.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 18:14
I thought that I had read somewhere that Teo was going back to Oz for a bit of a holiday ( not kidding )
We wouldn't have two locks on the bench would we JP and no loose forward, do you mean Faosiliva ?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 20:43
Read/heard the same Rollo. Unsure if it was sarcasm however.

Our stats are very similar to Glaws actually; tries for WW-23, GL-25; tries against 20, 20.

Should be an interesting game!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 08:19
On the subject of Teo, The Sunday Times commented last week something like Ben had played Ok in the Australian match but he now needed to prove his form by playing for Worcester. If Mills and Venter stay fit this is IMHO only going to be from the bench ( at best ) So at some point Ben has to force his way into the side.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 08:53
He is a tactical point of difference to Venter which I would like to see him employed at times. Brings some carrying which we don't currently have at our disposal.

Has he earned a WW shirt? Of course not, but he may well be the difference in winning games which is why he needs to be out there.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 09:10
This was always going to be the dilemma when he was fit. Much has been made here about his absences but do you leave out a player deemed good enough to be a Lion and an England international in very recent memory? And who incidentally will be being paid very good money.

Not sure that I know the answer but I doubt that it will be a question for this weekend. I would expect to see him play against Pau initially as a step to seeing how he integrates with the current management's tactics. After all, I don't think that Messrs Duncan and Doak have had him under their wing for much of the current season.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 12:33
He’s never had to prove his form before so why now. The team look very ‘together’ to me which may not continue if Teo gets thrown straight into the starting lineup. He’s got to earn his spot from the bench. In my view, with everyone fit, he only ever plays from the bench. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 18:40
Put him on the bench and wait to see how the game goes. If we need to carry more through the middle and the forwards are getting smashed, bring him on at 12. Bring him on at 13 to carry wider if we're doing okay up front.

Forgive me the horn tooting here, but I did say that England were as likely to play him into form as injure him, and here we are. It's strange that so many Worcester fans are disgruntled about how little he plays for us, and then don't like the idea of playing him over someone else.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 06:12
I have never seen Ben give less than his best for us. His injuries are not his fault, and the timing of his recoveries do not look good from our perspective, but I am sure that they are nothing but accidents of timing.

However, he will have to fight for his place. Venter is a real class act, who is rapid beyond belief. He is a huge threat and seems to be suiting our game plan. Ryan is a very different player to Ben, but he too fits our plan of going wide quickly (with one or two more missed passes than I am comfortable with). At present I do not see Ben as a starter for us, but I agree that he provides a very different option.

I will be glad to see him back.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 07:05
Quote:
Offa
I have never seen Ben give less than his best for us. His injuries are not his fault, and the timing of his recoveries do not look good from our perspective, but I am sure that they are nothing but accidents of timing.
However, he will have to fight for his place. Venter is a real class act, who is rapid beyond belief. He is a huge threat and seems to be suiting our game plan. Ryan is a very different player to Ben, but he too fits our plan of going wide quickly (with one or two more missed passes than I am comfortable with). At present I do not see Ben as a starter for us, but I agree that he provides a very different option.

I will be glad to see him back.
+1

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 07:13
Do we have Super Ted this weekend? I thought he was off with the England U20s

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 07:46
Yes we do, or at least hope we do. Appears that only Scott and Owen have gone thus far.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 09:27
Interesting USA,

I thought Ted was selected for the U20s as per a recent article. Injury/resting, graduated to seniors, or requested to remain for Warriors? (intuitive, speculative and informed posts all welcomed by me as this is a discussion forum)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 09:39
He has been, also Lawrence. Can't see us letting him go for training when we need him to play this weekend.

Also he was put up for interview in the media session this week. A pretty decent clue that the individual will be playing...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net