rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Two Players returning from Injuries in line for Pau
A38 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 11:38
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Faosiliva and Kirwan

And Potgieter is in SA rehabbing, the article says.

centrethere
Re: Two Players returning from Injuries in line for Pau
centrethere (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 11:47
News on Potgieter! Take it to mean that the differences have been sorted out

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 15:16
If they existed outside of the collective imagination here....of course smiling smiley

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 16:56
Time for one of JPs graphs showing how much time a player missed due to injury in the last three seasons.

Bevere Warrior
Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 17:05
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
If they existed outside of the collective imagination here....of course smiling smiley

I assure you that the issues previously mentioned on this forum were not fabricated.
However I would suggest there is no point revisiting the topic with the crux of the matter being he remains a Worcester player.

TVM Rides Again....Again
30 November, 2018 07:52
Quote:
Bevere Warrior
Quote:
TVM Rides Again

I assure you that the issues previously mentioned on this forum were not fabricated.
However I would suggest there is no point revisiting the topic with the crux of the matter being he remains a Worcester player.

I apologise if there was genuine evidence that I missed. I only remember seeing speculation

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 07:55
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Quote:
Bevere Warrior
Quote:
TVM Rides Again

I apologise if there was genuine evidence that I missed. I only remember seeing speculation

Truth is based largely on perception, not fact. In an absence of facts on this occasion, it's perception all the way.

Bevere Warrior
30 November, 2018 09:11
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Quote:
Bevere Warrior
Quote:
TVM Rides Again

There are many reasons why those who posted about him may not be in a position to elaborate further on the source of the information such as causing issues for others within the club or jeopardising livelihoods.

There is little point going over old ground, as I said it appears he remains a Worcester player.

TVM Rides Again....Again
30 November, 2018 09:31
Quote:
Bevere Warrior
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Quote:
Bevere Warrior
Quote:
TVM Rides Again

There are many reasons why those who posted about him may not be in a position to elaborate further on the source of the information such as causing issues for others within the club or jeopardising livelihoods.

There is little point going over old ground, as I said it appears he remains a Worcester player.

I guess your last point is the salient fact - but as an aside, I have long been of the opinion that if people know they should either a) disclose the information or b). hold it in total confidence.

It's this whole, "I know something you don't know, but I can't tell" half in half out stuff which I find so silly - hence why I haven't given any of it any more credibility than speculation.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 09:45
Sometimes it's just better not to write it on this, or any forum...

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 09:45
Sometimes it's just better not to write it on this, or any forum...

Bevere Warrior
30 November, 2018 09:59
I was not the person who posted the information initially on the forum.
What I would say is that is this not an open forum where all things Warriors related is to raised?

When somebody posts about a prospective transfer rumour should they be required to keep it to themselves through fear of the club confirming or denying the information within 5 minutes?

Can people not be trusted to form their own opinions based on what is available to them?
Treat it with scepticism should they wish or weigh up the information put forward by more than one poster against a strange long term silence on the player by the club?

I understand that people do not want to fall foul of being held liable but if they know the information then surely they are confident with where they stand.

Bevere Warrior
30 November, 2018 10:05
Please correct me if my memory fails me as this is going back some time but USA Warrior was it not yourself who broke the news about Cooper Vuna potentially joining the club. Albeit you did it via a number of coded clues as you didnít want to compromise who told you.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 10:59
Your opinions are very welcome and if you choose to take my point with that in mind then apologies for not making myself clear.

I mean that from a legal perspective it may not always sensible to write what you know on forums like these as people have gotten into trouble previously and the issue might be better off left to the terraces.

But thanks for the dressing down... (Sm111)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2018 11:08 by usa warrior.

Bevere Warrior
30 November, 2018 11:08
Letís agree to disagree

Bevere Warrior
30 November, 2018 11:11
Quote:
Bevere Warrior
Please correct me if my memory fails me as this is going back some time but USA Warrior was it not yourself who broke the news about Cooper Vuna potentially joining the club. Albeit you did it via a number of coded clues as you didnít want to compromise who told you.

And I apologise if this came across as an attack, it was merely raised as I felt it supplied context to my point

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:12
I'm not even certain what we're disagreeing on tbh.

If it's advice not to post things which could get you into legal trouble, and you feel differently, then please do post it...

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:15
Spilt milk mopped up apart, dynamic 7s are not that common and would suggest the game moves on each year especially for players injured for a year or more. Jake abbot for example. Really hope that potgieter can get back in contention. Donít care about the whys to be honest

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:17
I don't think we'll see him again.

Bevere Warrior
30 November, 2018 11:29
Quote:
usa warrior
If it's advice not to post things which could get you into legal trouble, and you feel differently, then please do post it...

If you are unsure what you are arguing about then maybe it is best not to write it in this or any forum. (Sm151)

TVM Rides Again....Again
30 November, 2018 11:29
Quote:
Bevere Warrior
I was not the person who posted the information initially on the forum.
What I would say is that is this not an open forum where all things Warriors related is to raised?

When somebody posts about a prospective transfer rumour should they be required to keep it to themselves through fear of the club confirming or denying the information within 5 minutes?

Can people not be trusted to form their own opinions based on what is available to them?
Treat it with scepticism should they wish or weigh up the information put forward by more than one poster against a strange long term silence on the player by the club?

I understand that people do not want to fall foul of being held liable but if they know the information then surely they are confident with where they stand.

Yes people can form their own opinions based on what is available. However, if there was a falling out - its a bit different to A N Other random transfer rumour.

You said that it was more than conjecture. So were people acting on actual knowledge - or forming theories from the snippets that had been made public?

As far as I can tell it was either

1). Theorising based on a couple of snippets, and after being repeated enough, these theories became quasi-facts, as these things tend to do.

or

2). People had genuine inside knowledge but were dropping teasers and saying 'well of course I can't say more'...and I cannot see the value that adds other than making the poster feel like they are 'kinda a big deal' because they are in the loop. I personally don't think these things are helpful.

As said earlier - just my tuppence

Bevere Warrior
30 November, 2018 11:31
Points well made and taken on board

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:38
Quote:
Bevere Warrior
Quote:
usa warrior

If you are unsure what you are arguing about then maybe it is best not to write it in this or any forum. (Sm151)

Errmmm... moving swiftly on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net