rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Team for Glaws
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:23
Delayed til 12:15

MESSAGES->author
Re: Team for Glaws
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:27
Thanks for that

Fitness test???

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:39
[warriors.co.uk]

Warriors welcome back Wales winger Josh Adams and captain GJ van Velze for their Gallagher Premiership derby match with Gloucester Rugby at Kingsholm on Saturday (kick-off 3.00pm).

Adams returns to club duty after impressing for Wales in their recent Autumn Internationals against Australia and South Africa.

Number eight van Velze missed last Fridayís victory over Harlequins at Sixways due to injury but he has regained fitness and will take his place in the middle of the back row at Kingsholm.

Warriors have been forced to make two more changes to their starting XV with scrum-half Francois Hougaard and openside flanker Sam Lewis both ruled out by injuries.

Michael Heaney, a summer signing from Doncaster Knights, will make his first Premiership start in Hougaardís absence with Matti Williams, who started at Bath two weeks ago, returning to the back row in place of Lewis.

Tighthead prop Gareth Milasinovich will reach the landmark of 50 career appearances for Warriors if he comes off the bench.

Milasinovich, 25, joined Warriors from the University of Johannesburg three years ago and made his senior debut in the 2015/16 season.

Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Bryce Heem
13 Francois Venter
12 Ryan Mills
11 Josh Adams
10 Duncan Weir
9 Michael Heaney
1 Callum Black
2 Jack Singleton
3 Nick Schonert
4 Anton Bresler
5 Pierce Phillips
6 Ted Hill
7 Matti Williams
8 GJ van Velze (c)

Replacements
16 Niall Annett
17 Ethan Waller
18 Gareth Milasinovich
19 Darren Barry
20 Matt Cox
21 Jonny Arr
22 Jamie Shillcock
23 Wynand Olivier

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2018 11:40 by A38.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:46
Pity on Lewis and FH

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:48
No Ben Teo. Again.

glosmole
glosmole (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:52
And the opposition:

15. Jason Woodward; 14. Charlie Sharples, 13. Billy Twelvetrees, 12. Owen Williams, 11. Ollie Thorley; 10. Danny Cipriani, 9. Willi Heinz (capt); 1. Josh Hohneck, 2. James Hanson, 3. Fraser Balmain; 4. Tom Savage, 5. Ed Slater; 6. Freddie Clarke, 7. Jaco Kriel, 8. Ben Morgan

Replacements:

16. Jaco Visagie, 17. Val Rapava Ruskin, 18. Ciaran Knight, 19. Franco Mostert, 20. Jake Polledri, 21. Callum Braley, 22. Henry Trinder, 23. Tom Hudson

Interesting choices at 12-13 and 19

WorcesterSauce
30 November, 2018 11:53
Cheerrs GM. Without some of our best players amd having seen that Glos bench i think we could be in for a very long afternoon.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:55
Heaney and Weir v Heinz and Cipriani.

Good luck with that one boys!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:56
That's made it harder,no Lewis and FH.
IMHO Lewis is better than any 7 or 6 for that matter that Glaws have to offer.Though Polledri I'd have here.
Heaney and Williams,especially after his performance against Bath will really have to step up.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:00
w4rrioirz1980 - you wouldn't have Jaco Kriel?

Looks like it's going to be a very tough game, that Glaws side is loaded with top players. Lets just hope Cipriani and Williams don't click as (correct me if I'm wrong) but that's an untested combination we could be looking to exploit.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:03
I donít think FH is that much of a loss at the moment, heís been far from his best. His passing has been poor. If we have 35% possession like the last few games we will get smashed. We canít keep defending like that every week and letís be honest their attack will be on another level to Quins.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:05
Quote:
Warrior7
w4rrioirz1980 - you wouldn't have Jaco Kriel?
Looks like it's going to be a very tough game, that Glaws side is loaded with top players. Lets just hope Cipriani and Williams don't click as (correct me if I'm wrong) but that's an untested combination we could be looking to exploit.
Ok,possibly Kriel but I rate Sam Lewis so highly as I'm sure we all do on here.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

WorcesterSauce
30 November, 2018 12:08
Quote:
Whispering_Death
I donít think FH is that much of a loss at the moment, heís been far from his best. His passing has been poor. If we have 35% possession like the last few games we will get smashed. We canít keep defending like that every week and letís be honest their attack will be on another level to Quins.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but i think you have a point

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:12
Concentration on home games must be the priority in my view. Getting wins away is a bonus. Therefore I would give the injured every opportunity to recover ahead of the Northampton game.

AndyMGlos
Lebowski (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:14
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
IMHO Lewis is better than any 7 or 6 for that matter that Glaws have to offer.Though Polledri I'd have here.

Wow, thatís some statement. I have seen very little of Lewis so canít really comment on him, however he must be a very, very special talent because Jaco Kriel is some player.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:15
Quote:
Ok,possibly Kriel but I rate Sam Lewis so highly as I'm sure we all do on here.

I rate Sam Lewis very highly but before a long term injury Kriel was one of the world's best players. As good as Sam is, he is not that.

Hopefully Heaney steps up to his early season form - his passing and kicking is better than Hougaard's, just hope we don't lose too much on attack and defence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2018 12:23 by Warrior7.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:23
Quote:
Whispering_Death

His box kicking was exceptional though, the distance got us out of trouble many times, plus his defence and running with the ball is a step up from our other scrum halves.
I think we'll miss him and Lewis and Mama.

Going to take a huge game from the forwards to win this, as has been said we won't keep winning with so little possession.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:25
Quote:
Lebowski
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

Wow, thatís some statement. I have seen very little of Lewis so canít really comment on him, however he must be a very, very special talent because Jaco Kriel is some player.
Lewis is a very very special talent but maybe I haven't seen enough of Kriel....(Sm163)(Sm151)

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

AndyMGlos
Lebowski (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:27
I appreciate itís a bit of an unfunny joke to you guys but whereís Teo? Some players clearly need a rest after the Autumn Internationals but heís hardly played enough minutes this season to warrant one.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:34
Your guess is as good as ours, Lebowski.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:41
Either resting for the six nations or he's not considered good enough to make the 23, which is possible as mills and ventor are playing well and Oliver is more versatile on the bench.

I imagine lack of time with us this season means we'll try and bed him in in Europe.

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:45
The fact Teo hasn't trained with the team for ages must be a factor in his exclusion. Much easier for the England squad to slot back into their teams.

[I think Exeter are resting all of their guys but, apart from Farrell and Teo, the rest are all straight back in]

lokicrichtonfan
lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 12:49
Has teío and the club fallen out? His exclusion is bizarre

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 13:05
Just noticed.Arr has made the bench!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Warriors23
Warriors23 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 14:10
Quote:
lokicrichtonfan
Has teío and the club fallen out? His exclusion is bizarre

Putting it blunt - TEO just isnít good enough to get a place on our bench!

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 15:40
Well Te'o is good enough to get on our bench he is a very good player to suggest otherwise is silly. I get the fact he has hardly trained with the team over the last month so on the basis he is not in the match day squad I expect to see him carrying the water on Saturday like many non selected players do.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 15:53
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
No Ben Teo. Again.

England wonít name the team to face Ireland until much nearer the time.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 15:54
It's training time for me. I like Olivier but Teo is better than him. I imagine he'll be playing once he's had a bit of time, though I would have had him on the bench.

After this game we will know how good our defence really is, and hopefully we can go toe to toe with Glaws in attack.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 16:08
I Do wonder what sort of message dropping Matt Cox to the bench sends to the squad players.

He's had to be very patient waiting for his opportunities and, for me, delivers almost every time. To drop him after a Man of the match performance seems wrong!

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 17:49
Agreed, but I suppose Alan and Rory want their skipper on the pitch.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 18:32
Couldn't agree more, was intending to post pretty much the same thing.
I haven't understood this season why he couldn't get a start, then he gets one and has a MOM performance, then as thanks he's dropped back to the bench for the next game. Bizarre!

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 18:40
Quote:
Underdog
Agreed, but I suppose Alan and Rory want their skipper on the pitch.

I'd agree completely if leadership had been a mess in the last game. I Think GJ is a good player and captain but not good enough to go straight back into a winning side and at the expense of the previous games motm

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 19:10
That is some Glos side and bench, a LBP or TBP ( more likely IMHO ) will suit me very well.
I agree that FH will be more missed for his great defensive effort and his pace setting. His passing so far has been a little inconsistent. Lewis and Mama big losses as well.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 09:28
My comment when we were at Bath and saw Bath warming up, was that there forwards looked to be twice the size of ours, I think the same comment will apply today. It is going to be a long, wet afternoon. Still will be there in the Bob the Builder stand (or whatever its called nowadays)

MESSAGES->author
01 December, 2018 10:29
It may be just visual!

We may be leaner and therefore look lighter until we hit you

During the Autumn Internationals the pack weights of England and Wales

England - 895kgs
Wales - 876kgs

Wuss Today's - 887kgs

We are not a lightweight pack

JP

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 12:53
But what did bath weigh, what do Glaws weigh. That will be the more meaningful comparison . The back 5 comparison in particular would be interesting

MESSAGES->author
01 December, 2018 13:00
I don't know that without trawling the sites

JP

MESSAGES->author
01 December, 2018 13:15
Glaws are 901kgs, about 1.75kgs per man heavier (1.5%)

Lock height 6ft 5"

Morgan 119
Kriel 97
Clarke 114

Backrow 338kgs

Wuss

Veltz 107
Williams 101
Hill 112

Backrow - 320kgs

Our locks are 6ft 6" and 6ft 8"

We have no physical excuses apart from backrow.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 13:18 by Faithful_City.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 13:45
windy conditions?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net