rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Signing(s)!!
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 12:40
Today, tomorrow, Thursday. Looks like 2 PM each.

Young guys Rollo?? #thenextchapter

ceb17
Re: Signing(s)!!
ceb17 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 12:47
I think it may be re-signings rather than new signings (hopefully, I am wrong).

But I think it will be the academy players coming through - Lawrence, Hill and Kitchener/Butler - signing their first contract as a 'professionals' hence the 'next chapter'.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 12:48
Yep, my thoughts too.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 13:07
Having Butler, Hill, Kitchener and Lawrence (alphabetical order!) signed on long term contracts would indeed be good news.

silver warrior
silver warrior (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 13:26
Weir hopefully will be one of them.

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 13:27
Hill signs a first team deal. Great news.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 14:11
Brilliant news! I think the other two will be Lawrence and Schonert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 14:16 by AJWarriors.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 15:06
AJ Warriors if Schonert it will be a further extension, as I thought he was already signed for next season.
USA I think you are correct about youngsters, also signing and on longer contracts than previously . I believe that Weir is close to another one year deal, the length being determined by our new medical tests which are to be more stringent in line with what happens in soccer.
Positive news I think.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 15:08

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 15:12
Perhaps we need a new “new owners “ thread......positive news will not much fit in with the old one will it.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 15:49
Ted Hill signed now on BBC , come on A38 please catch up!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 15:59
Weir is definitely here next year, Ged let that out of the bag at the Qins game

JP

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 16:00
Will this do?

[warriors.co.uk]

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 16:03
I thought he was up for renewal this season Rollo? If he does still still have another year then that’s even better!

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 16:31
Great news that Hill has signed a contract, he still has plenty of work to do on his game but he has plenty of ability and talent and a great attitude so I only see him going forwards.

On Cosgrove a good injury cover signing but that is it.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 16:32
Cant make the Brist team but maybe we can bring him on. Mind you Kai Owen looks good

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 17:08
We need to at loose head for Bower and Jack will be fourth choice, but will be motivated to do well.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 19:18
I like the idea of getting someone in who has an affinity with Worcester. Had Bower's injury not been so severe I'd have love to have seen us tempt someone like Steven Kitshoff to spend his off season with us, but I can't imagine the Stormers would be happy for us to have a player for so long.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 19:32
i like the idea of the young players being secured . BUT we need some old hard heads at the moment

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 09:23
I seen to remember that Dean Ryan was a bit put out when Jack moved to Scotland. Lets hope that a move back resurrects his career which like Alex Grove's move north of the boarder didn't work out.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 13:41
I'm of an age now when "Bah! Humbug!" is allowed. Christmas seems to start in August - only a slight exaggeration - but something else which is getting earlier every year is the recruitment roundabout with all its rumours, whispers and speculation.

I recall a recent post which suggested that January 1 is no longer the starting point for the annual jamboree. It may still be officially but blind eyes are now common.

In many ways reading the hopes and fears about players who might be coming to Worcester or, sadly, leaving for other clubs is quite entertaining but there is a serious undertow. There do seem to be, out of sight of course, auctions for certain players and all of that will add even more fuel to the fire which is salary inflation.

Nothing can be done about it, it's inevitable, unless the system can be changed. I don't have a suggestion. The mechanism which is meant to control it all is of course the salary cap but it is something which is very difficult to police.

Anyway, on with the rumours. At least if serious players are talking to Worcester it might mean that we are no longer considered a relegation risk. But again...

incastrowetrust
Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 14:06
Quote:
A38
I'm of an age now when "Bah! Humbug!" is allowed. Christmas seems to start in August - only a slight exaggeration - but something else which is getting earlier every year is the recruitment roundabout with all its rumours, whispers and speculation.
I recall a recent post which suggested that January 1 is no longer the starting point for the annual jamboree. It may still be officially but blind eyes are now common.

So many loopholes to it, it's basically now Jan 1st is when other teams can announce signings from other clubs. When Gloucester announced the Signing of Owen Williams on the 4th of January no one

From what I gather clubs can still get a slapped wrist it if they or the player are extremely stupid about it though.

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 15:57
Are any other clubs talking to Ben Teo?

Hope so!

For his salary we could get a good lock and another back rower.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net