rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Te'o
A38 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 07:30
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Is in New Zealand.

ceb17
Re: Te'o
ceb17 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 07:41
100% joke.

What message does this send to the other players?

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 07:49
I just don't care anymore to be honest

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 07:51
Sorry . Duplication. Just seen USA's post re back rows.

But maybe the situation the club finds itself in with this player deserves its own thread?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 08:00
I am just hoping we can put out our best team from the beginning of March as we possibly can .

There are 8 games if can win ALL our home games we will be in a good position.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 08:01
I think that the Cav's game against Tigers on 23rd would be an appropriate time for him to make an appearance.
I think that the EJ comments area smokescreen. How come Monsert was able ot turn out for Glos or Josh for us. Complete bilge water.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 08:01
At the moment Te’o is not 1st choice and he has to earn his place!

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 08:55
Solomons added: “Ben has gone home to Auckland..."

Is it time to admit that, in an era of professional sport (and easy migration), games between 'National' teams of all sports have become meaningless (or, at least, changing their meaning)?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 09:08
WN quote..

“Director of rugby Alan Solomons confirmed he held discussions with England boss Eddie Jones and felt it was an “appropriate” time for Te’o to “rest” before coming back ahead of Warriors’ festive fixtures.”

What really happened.

Scene1. In a quiet corner of Twickers following the autumn internationals players’ de-brief.

BT....”Blimey Eddie mate, looks like I’m not crocked this time, I’ll have to go back to the sticks and risk getting picked.....”

EJ.....”Ah look mate, I’ll have a word. (Picks up office phone).....” Get me Solly at Worcester please......”

Sixways Receptionist....”Solly, Mr Jones from the RFU on line 2 for you “...........

AS.....(sighs...) Morning Eddie, how can I help............

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 09:17
Joke. Would be sort of funny if he wasnt responsible for a large chunk of our losses.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 09:25
Absolute joke. What must the squad think of this. I wonder whether he will play for us again.

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 09:44
As said on the other thread, it would have been useful for him to play in these euro games. Mills and Venter could do with a rest and Ben needs game time with the club.

If he's away for two weeks then he's not training with the squad. So when he's back he won't be in a position to be selected as the same arguments as before still apply, in that he's not trained with and become familiar with the current squad and systems.

It's getting ridiculous now. I have sympathy with the injuries but the club are just not getting value for money.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 09:59
I've defended Ben in the past, but it's wearing a bit thin now.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 10:05
Quote:
Fiver
I've defended Ben in the past, but it's wearing a bit thin now.

I agree with Fiver on this one - I have defended/given the benefit of the doubt to Teo in the past, but the latest incident, just says to me time to write it off as a bad experience and concentrate on the current set of centre's and the youngsters coming through.

Warriors23
Warriors23 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 10:10
Quote:
A38
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/17275925.ben-teo-flies-to-new-zealand-for-break-after-england-duty/
Is in New Zealand.
Ben, if you’re reading this, have a great Xmas but do us a favour and have it IN New Zealand!
PS. Don’t rush back, the team are doing just fine without you!

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 10:13
Have a nice holiday Ben! It is a long season and we have plenty of Premiership games to come

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 10:17
I assuming that his break was planned like all our other players, but would have been good if he could have played vs Pau, to get some game time in

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 10:43
I have defended, defended and defended him but this is indefensible.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 11:07
I have to agree now...I think he just needs to leave at the end of his contract. I really like him as a player,but he’s pretty much robbed his wage with us. He’s money needs to be spent elsewhere

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 11:12
Wish I had a job like that! although the holiday wouldn't be in New Zealand!

What will the excuse be for not playing for Warriors in the run up to the 6 Nations? Waste of a salary from a Sixways point of view. Taking the p$ss springs to mind.

Yorkshire rugby exile
05 December, 2018 11:24
Just a thought from left field, are we actually paying his wages or are the RFU? He was pretty much damaged goods in Ireland, then forced onto an Premiership team so that he could play for England, and we weren't the only side who was approached. For a regularly injured player, on that kind of salary, it must have been underwritten by someone.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 11:36
Just trying to take a helicopter view here.

He's returning "home" to be with his family for an early Xmas as we need him,more I'd say for the Saints,Sarries and Bath matches than the double header v Pau.

Yes,with our injuries mounting up we could've done with him for the next fortnight but we have just enough sufficient cover.He may not have played v Pau anyway.

I do agree with whoever said on here if he is in NZ for 2 weeks,how will he be match fit for Saints?

I don't know the ins and outs of where our other SH players families are but if they're here,good for them but this may be the only chance Ben gets to see them this Xmas.I know sportsmen and regular everyday jobs for that matter,people make sacrifices at Xmas because of work and rugby is no different.I'd rather he away for 2 weeks and back for the 3 Prem games.BUT THE BUGBEAR IS HOW IS GOING TO BE MATCH FIT FOR SAINTS.That's my only problem with this situation.

I think the crux of the problem is his lack of game time for us.If he was a regular for us then how many on here would be talking about him like we have on here?

His c.£366,000 pa may not be good value at present but it's hardly his fault,especially the injuries.

If he comes back not available for Saints then I'd want to know why but for now I'm going to see how this pans out and make a judgement pre Saints.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 11:37 by w4rriorz1980.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 12:28
I've also been considering whether he is really an England player who's contracted to a club. It really feels that way. I can't help but wonder how much warriors actually pay him.

dudleywarrior88
dudleywarrior88 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 12:41
Cant we get Saracens or someone to take over his contract? We dont need him. We have Mills/ Venter/ Lawerence/ Oliver/ Beck/ Butler.....

Get him off the books now and use the money to secure the likes of LCD, new locks etc.

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 14:08
Hardly putting himself in the shop window.Think his agent will struggle to get him a club/salary level,next season.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 14:53
Very much doubt he'll stay in the Prem tbh.

Unlikely to make the next World Cup so might as well head to France or Japan for some big cash.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 15:03
I'm wondering why Eddie needed to have a chat with Solly unless it was to remind him about the RFU regulations. Perhaps Solly wanted to play Ben and someone told tales.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 15:21
What a waste of £350k a year we may as well pour our money down the drain.

halfback09
halfback09 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 15:58
As we saw from his England performances the bloke doesn’t need to much time to get up to speed.

Dog ruff
Dog ruff (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 18:17
Quote:
A38
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/17275925.ben-teo-flies-to-new-zealand-for-break-after-england-duty/
Is in New Zealand.

To finalise a Super Rugby contract. From a very reliable source.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 22:40
Expect Te'o to be with England for the World Cup and therefore Worcester next season, but his contract finishes at the end of this season, so expect him to re-sign with us. He's Eddie's man and Eddie makes the decisions - hence 'take a holiday Ben' (Next season at least until Christmas - Super rugby starts in Feb?)

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 22:48
We will not be re-signing him, I am pretty sure.

MESSAGES->author
06 December, 2018 05:41
I can see Te’o not having a club contract come the World Cup squad announcement but as he will hbe training with England from the end of the domestic season I think they will be happy with that. As far as I am concerned he can go now after this latest kick in the teeth for us supporters, I’m almost tempted to call trading standards and say he is fraudulently calling himself a Worcester Rugby player.

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 16:11
I agree with so many people here......let him go a.s.a.p. And put us all out of our misery. What at one time seemed a great signing and idea has turned sour. It makes Warriors a laughing stock.
Please Ben, GO!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 17:40
Out of interest, does a player have the option to decline the rest period demanded by the RFU? Whilst Eddie may be forcing this on us, could Ben have turned around and insisted on staying?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 17:58
Sinckler played the next weekend so presumably so.

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 18:02
Maybe EJ has said there is no long term plan involving Ben. With that news maybe he has decided to seek work nearer home.

MESSAGES->author
06 December, 2018 18:51
I have heard today from a very well placed contact that Te’o is currently suspended for two weeks without pay by the club for saying he was unavailable to play when he was not selected for the Japan game, he was meant to be released back to us but he refused to play sighting the Australia game the following week. Obviously it could be nonsense but I have no reason to doubt the person who told me

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 18:57
Blimey, gets better and better doesn’t it. Honestly can we please give him a big “we forgot, we forgot, we forgot that you were here” the next time he plays (which i know, may be never).

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 19:42
It may well that the club's management have been having the same frustrations as us but of course cannot do other than be loyal to him publicly.

It should be remembered of course that the current management inherited him.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 23:34
Historically our decorated players acted as water boys when they were unavailable to play. I'm thinking of Chris and Donncha. I'm not sure Ben has ever done this type of thing to ingratiate himself with the fans, and possibly the rest of the team.

He might be a great bloke for all I know, but it's all about what you're seen to be doing.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 06:59
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
I have heard today from a very well placed contact that Te’o is currently suspended for two weeks without pay by the club for saying he was unavailable to play when he was not selected for the Japan game, he was meant to be released back to us but he refused to play sighting the Australia game the following week. Obviously it could be nonsense but I have no reason to doubt the person who told me

Hmm. Shocking IF true - and whilst I don't dispute your basis of no reason to doubt your source - it seems to play a little TOO nicely into the hands of what is becoming something of an unevidenced legend/theory based on Ben's playing patterns.

Not saying it's wrong. Just reserving judgement.

Either way - he'll be gone soon and we can all get on with something else.

MESSAGES->author
07 December, 2018 07:24
TVM I totally agree with you if it’s true it is huge but as with all rumours it has to be taken as a rumour. While I trust my contact I struggle to believe that either Eddie Jones or Alan Solomons would have agreed to have there names associated with any cover up with the holiday chat.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 07:41
Ha Ha

A nice little solution there if suspended for two weeks and convinced EJ / AS that to take a holiday would be a good idea in the circumstances.

'Smarter than your average bear, Boo Boo!'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net