rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

AJWarriors
Ellis Genge
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 11:21
Rugby Inside Line have just tweeted that Ellis Genge has recently visited the club from a reliable source. All I’ll say is in a heart beat would I have him here.

I was told only yesterday from a tigers fan that he wanted to leave Tigers because he thinks he’s underpaid.

WorcesterSauce
Re: Ellis Genge
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 11:35
I agree it’d be great to have him on board but RIL are about as reliable as first great western so i’m gonna back the fact that this is just more utter b*ll*cks from them.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 11:37
I thought that there was a comment on the Bristol board about him returning to them, so may be leaving Tigers . Not sure he would want to return home.
It would be nice to pinch a Tigers forward though.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 11:39
I think they’re pretty good with their rumours to be honest Sauce. Their accuracy is pretty good. In response to their tweet another guy who is in that field replied to them saying he’s heard the same

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 11:40
Quote:
ROLLO
I thought that there was a comment on the Bristol board about him returning to them, so may be leaving Tigers . Not sure he would want to return home.

I don’t think he will go back to Briz. Remember him saying he had to leave there because of how much trouble he was getting in being in the city with his background

incastrowetrust
Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 11:42
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
ROLLO

I don’t think he will go back to Briz. Remember him saying he had to leave there because of how much trouble he was getting in being in the city with his background

he said on rugby tonight that he would one day like to go back to Bristol.

He's 100% in contract next season though so we will see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 11:49 by Ayerzawannabe.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 11:50
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
ROLLO

he said on rugby tonight that he would one day like to go back to Bristol.

I take it back then...he can go back to Briz after he’s played for us until he’s 35

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 12:06
Quote:

I was told only yesterday from a tigers fan that he wanted to leave Tigers because he thinks he’s underpaid.

Great I love me attitude, wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Not because of skill level, he would damage the dressing room.

JP

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 12:06
Perhaps he got caught short whilst on the M5 heading for Bristol

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 12:20
Must be true because I just tweeted about how good he and Nick would be and Nick just “liked” it ha ha!

In all seriousness though he would bring a much needed steel to our pack that we seem to lack and a huge desire to win...that’s just my thoughts anyway

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 12:36
I think he's a really good prop and could be the best in England, I also think it's harsh to say he has an 'I love me' attitude without knowing what he's getting paid.

He would improve our pack but I still think our second row, followed by our backrow is more of a concern than our stocks at loose head.
Then again I am a fan of Ethan Waller.

WorcesterSauce
06 December, 2018 13:03
If we are going off rumours started by Rugby Inside Line then he should be turning up here with Manu Tuilagi, but then again according to them we were going into administration last summer. As I said, as reliable as First Great Western.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 14:02
A more accurate headline would probably be "Ellis Genge's agent persuades him to visit Sixways in order to bolster his hand in negotiations with Tigers.

Our pack certainly needs beefing up.

I didn't think that we could talk to other teams' players until Jan. Or is that policed in a similar way to the salary cap?

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 14:10
Most players “talk” way before January with other clubs,but clubs can’t approach until then.

lokicrichtonfan
lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 14:34
Genge carries hard and would be a welcome addition to our front row which is probably a bit lightweight

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 15:52
Genge is one mean bigger who enjoys hurting the opposition. Have him? You bet......but he would be expensive - just kike Mr Teo - although he would want to play for us I presume.

Ethan Waller? He must be given the opportunity to show what he can do with regular appearances. PErsonally, I think Blackie has yet to start firing properly.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 17:02
I think we are seeing the best of Mr Black, he is not much more than waller.

JP

WorcesterSauce
06 December, 2018 17:39
Genge has confirmed that he didn't visit the club. Another false rumour to add to Rugby Inside Line's growing tally.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 18:57
Not actually what he said though was it...

Apparently stopped at David Lloyd for a cheese sandwich on Monday morning. As one does...

WorcesterSauce
06 December, 2018 19:07
Haha USA, if you’re going to be pedantic and say “it’s not what he actually said though was it?” You could at least follow it up with the whole of what he actually said rather than a cryptic message which makes it seem like he may have been talking to someone at the club...

Genge grew up in Bristol and plays for Leicester. He says he popped into David Lloyd as the M5 was closed cause of an accident (this is true as i was in said traffic). Putting 2 and 2 together he’s obviously just been driving back to Leicester from Bristol, got stuck in traffic and decided to get off for some food. So in the circumstances it pretty mch is “what one does”.... He’s also been winding everyone up all afternoon on twitter implying he’s signed for all sorts of clubs... fake news that he’s signing for us...

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 19:41
Hell of a coincidence, but you're right. He never stepped foot in the Club.

I'd be amazed if he signed for us, but it sounds a funny excuse to me.

RugbyInsideLine
RugbyInsideLine (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 21:12
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Haha USA, if you’re going to be pedantic and say “it’s not what he actually said though was it?” You could at least follow it up with the whole of what he actually said rather than a cryptic message which makes it seem like he may have been talking to someone at the club...
Genge grew up in Bristol and plays for Leicester. He says he popped into David Lloyd as the M5 was closed cause of an accident (this is true as i was in said traffic). Putting 2 and 2 together he’s obviously just been driving back to Leicester from Bristol, got stuck in traffic and decided to get off for some food. So in the circumstances it pretty mch is “what one does”.... He’s also been winding everyone up all afternoon on twitter implying he’s signed for all sorts of clubs... fake news that he’s signing for us...

Who said he had signed for you?

WorcesterSauce
06 December, 2018 21:26
Quote:
RugbyInsideLine
Quote:
WorcesterSauce

Who said he had signed for you?

Ok, fake news that he visited the club. Talk about clutching at straws to try and save face. What else were you implying he was doing by visiting the club? Looking for Ben Teo? Just accept that your “sources” were wrong, again.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 23:27
He could have popped into the Beefeater. I'm not a David Lloyd member, does membership let you into all of their establishments?

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 07:08
Quote:
AJWarriors
Rugby Inside Line have just tweeted that Ellis Genge has recently visited the club from a reliable source. All I’ll say is in a heart beat would I have him here.

https://i.imgflip.com/2odzzc.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

FWIW - I think that is very harsh on so little information JP. For all we know he may be paid well under market rate - and professional rugby is a short career that could end at the next scrum.

It is overly harsh to chastise someone on the grounds of an ethereal concept of communal spirit and having the temerity to think of himself when we have no financial skin in the game

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 08:18
The player movement rumour machine which starts here every year about now, and runs well into the second half of the season, fills me with scorn, amusement, and frustration in equal measure.

Players salaries, discussions with agents, clandestine meetings in coffee shops, visits to estate agents and schools.....(the list is endless) are reported by various ‘trusted/well informed/close to the club/business contact at another club” etc etc sources and always turn out to be 99.9% pure boll ocks.

I have before challenged various tipsters who assure us that particular players are on their way to us to return to the thread and offer apologies when it doesn’t happen, and the player stays where he is or goes elsewhere.

Guess how many apologies we’ve seen?

Same will happen this year, wait and see.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 09:14
Agree with Ted's view.
But I really enjoy them.
Keep them coming.

WorcesterSauce
07 December, 2018 09:33
Agree TT it’s a scatter gun approach aimed at getting attention to increase social media popularity (sad, i know). Then the few rumours that turn out true are shouted about whereas the many many that are wrong are quickly swept under the carpet.

incastrowetrust
Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 10:31
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Agree TT it’s a scatter gun approach aimed at getting attention to increase social media popularity (sad, i know). Then the few rumours that turn out true are shouted about whereas the many many that are wrong are quickly swept under the carpet.

Rugbyinsideline have deleted a few tweets that where proven wrong quite quicky.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 10:38
Don't take it so seriously. All good fun this speculation lark.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 11:40
Quote:
usa warrior

+1

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 14:49
Quote:
usa warrior

Always willing to take your opinion Dave, scorn amusement and frustration will no longer be in equal measure, I’ll try and just chuckle at the silly people.

Still bet we’ll see zero apologies.

Warrior15
Warrior15 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 17:01
I think this clears things up...

[twitter.com]

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 10:33
Is "Twitter" one of the languages you can learn at school these days?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net