rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Ronster
North Stand
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 14:14
Did anyone read Jed's comments in the programme last night regarding the North Stand? Apparently a pre-planning application has gone in to the council to upgrade it to increase capacity. Do the new owners know something we don't regarding a sudden upturn in attendance? Perhaps the relegation debate is already in it's advanced stages of negotiation and we're thinking that with a lack of relegation threat we can push for the Top 6? Or is it simply good use of the CVC money?

Brummagem Bertie
Re: North Stand
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 14:32
I suspect that it's the new owners intending to put the CVC money to the use for which it was intended. It's an opportunity to upgrade facilities for supporters without having to dip into their own pockets or borrow to fund it.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
IanRed (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 15:20
Perhaps they are looking at a terraced stand with cheaper tickets to get, I was going to say bums on seats, but you get my drift.

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 15:42
Ready for football?

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 17:57
Quote:
Simba
Ready for football?

Which local soccer club, that might be tempted or need to move, has an attendance greater than Sixways' current capacity?

(Coventry City moving to Sixways might have e certain irony about it).

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:29
Quote:
Abberley
Quote:
Simba
Ready for football?

Which local soccer club, that might be tempted or need to move, has an attendance greater than Sixways' current capacity?

(Coventry City moving to Sixways might have e certain irony about it).

Donít ask me, ask the owners. Just putting the question out there.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 20:51
Solihull Moors are currently near the play-off positions for promotion to the football league.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 20:58
If you were the owners, and you had that CVC money, what would you spend it on?

For me, it would be the North stand and strengthening the academy system further.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 21:14
Floodlights?

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 22:21
Quote:
ROLLO
Floodlights?

I remember a few years ago asking Jim about our floodlights after a few people complained they were a bit dull and I was proudly informed our floodlights met the minimum requirements, I suggested we should aim higher than the minimum so perhaps this is our chance.

Worcester Way
Worcester Way (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 22:53
I reckon the rumoured capacity increase for sixways has more to do with increasing revenues from hosting more non sports events like concerts etc

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 22:58
There were already impressive plans agreed for the north stand

JP

schneiderlein
schneiderlein (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 23:46
I think I remember reading somewhere that 'grandfather rights' continue only until such time as the ground undergoes its next development. Am I dreaming that, or is it correct? Might lots of Silver tickets become Gold, etc, if/when the North Stand is developed?

Du skal ikke tro at du er bedre end os!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 09:51
Quote:
schneiderlein
I think I remember reading somewhere that 'grandfather rights' continue only until such time as the ground undergoes its next development. Am I dreaming that, or is it correct? Might lots of Silver tickets become Gold, etc, if/when the North Stand is developed?

Sadly, yes.

Unless of course the new owners decide to vary the t&cís, we may become great-grandfathers!!

samlee99
samlee99 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:01
Quote:
Underdog
If you were the owners, and you had that CVC money, what would you spend it on?
For me, it would be the North stand and strengthening the academy system further.

Players and expensive lawyers to make sure there are no salary cap penalties?

(Oh sorry, I thought this was Barnet for some reason!).

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:25
I'm guessing the plans are those detailed here?;

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

I would welcome some standing room where you can see from an elevated position. Although the article states they'd want 10k attendances before it being viable.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:43
Those were the plans that were agreed. Whether the same plans have been submitted again, or some variation thereof, we will have to wait to see, I guess.

As for the 10k viability threshold, that was presumably based on Warriors borrowing the money to fund the build. With the CVC money, Warriors would now seem to be in a position where they could fund the build without borrowing, thereby improving facilities and potentially increasing attendances and revenue, especially if it includes a decent standing area, which they can sell at a cheaper cost to the seats.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:47
Is the proposed stand part of the much spoken of hotel?

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 18:10
Will we get another big screen? All I can see from the south stand are lots of feet,

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:46
Iíve had a look at Wychavonís guidance on pre-planning paperwork.

Doesnít look like it goes public at this stage.

Wait and see......again.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 14:41
Quote:
Fiver
Will we get another big screen? All I can see from the south stand are lots of feet,

Why, are you one of the bar flies that stand at the back Fiver ???
(Sm159)

MESSAGES->author
11 February, 2019 17:39
These are the plans as per previous application which was approved

Northstand 01

Northstand 02

I wonder what the new one will incorporate

JP

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 18:40
It would be lovely to see the CVC money invested wisely in facilities...

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 20:01
Havenít they already done some of the substructure works?
If they have then the design canít change much.
Iíll have to check up tomorrow

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 22:59
Quote:
Latecomer
Quote:
Fiver

Why, are you one of the bar flies that stand at the back Fiver ???
(Sm159)

Makes no difference if I sit in my seat or stand at the back, I can still only see feet and socks.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 23:05
Er - have I got this right? You have paid hundreds of pounds for a season ticket, but can only see feet and socks?

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 08:04
Quote:
Patgadd
Er - have I got this right? You have paid hundreds of pounds for a season ticket, but can only see feet and socks?

On the big screen, yes. In fairness, I didn't spend my hard earned to watch the screen, but it would be nice to watch those replays in order to time my loud gasp/jeer when the opposition player has been shown to have been extremely naughty.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 08:27
And perhaps a cheer for the clearly never grounded try.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 08:29
Quote:
Patgadd

I bet there is somewhere in Soho that makes a living off that very business model

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:28
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Quote:
Patgadd

I bet there is somewhere in Soho that makes a living off that very business model

Soho is surprising sanitised these days. My x2 teenage granddaughters are being brought up right in the middle, and thereís one small alley-way which they prefer to avoid after dark.

The preferred method of parting tourists from their cash these days is outrageous pricing of all food and drink. its got so bad that several of the areaís bistro/cafe outlets have informal but very useful discounts for known residents.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 05:57
Expansion plans article

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 07:19
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Expansion plans article

All sounds very positive.

MESSAGES->author
15 February, 2019 08:07
Quote:
N

"We will have a bigger fansí zone so there will be more to do for the kids before the game.

"That will be engaging for the youth, community and family which is the key driver for us.

ďI am not interested in hotel beds. I want this driven for the community and the kids.

ďI will be going 100 miles-per-hour to get this over the line.Ē

McCrory said local businesses would be used as part of the development and that he aimed to continue to reach out to communities, schools, amateur clubs and councils.

ďEveryone has been really receptive to us and I have been to a lot of places,Ē McCrory said.

ďI have been to 200 venues within Worcestershire and been across to Warwick, Chester, Oswestry and Hereford.

ďI have covered the whole DPP (development player programme) area and am still doing so because we want to engage.Ē

Reads like someone who really is interested in developing a community wide sporting facility. How often if ever did his predecessor travel to the 4 corners of our sporting catchment area.

There is no doubt that you have to applaud his actions so far. He may not have addressed us since his takeover but if he continues like this I am happy to eat many portions of humble pie.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 08:33
Well, itís all positive stuff isnít it. Seriously though.....200 venues? Exaggeration surely? And is Cheshire really in our academy area? Dunno.

But it wonít be a hotel, and there wonít be houses.

JP, youíll be in good company for a pie feast in the event there is one, even if itís only a virtual supper!

Time will tell.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 10:00
Sounds very positive I agree. Also very exciting too. Sounds like he works very very hard and has taken a huge interest in driving the club forward. I canít fault that.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 10:44
16,500?

Zoning in just on that figure, I do have to ask how realistic is it that within, say, 5/10 years that attendance would be at that level?

I agree that the plans sound good but there are a considerable number of questions which will no doubt be answered over the coming months.

GrubberKk
GrubberKk (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 11:17
I'll hold fire with eating humble pie for a long while yet.

Walk the walk, talk the talk....etc....

Take heed from previous warnings...ie talk is cheap in his history....(as proven)

MESSAGES->author
IanRed (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 13:34
16500 is the capacity at kingsholm and they were able to host world cup matches. This should enable us to offer the ground for other competitions, not just warriors

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2019 18:03 by IanRed.

MESSAGES->author
15 February, 2019 13:34
We are right smack on the motorway, we need 16k+ to get the minor Internationals and finals to take it back from Exeter.

11.5k just isn't big enough.

It will also give is more events real estate to create off rugby income!

JP

MESSAGES->author
15 February, 2019 13:35
same post, same time same idea Ian.

JP

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 14:25
If we can get more sports playing at Sixways when the it is not being used for rugby then great! The revenue the better.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net