rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Old Col
I am sorry....
Old Col (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 12:28
I am sorry that Solly felt the need to explain the team selection for last Friday. It does show how potentially harmful to morale negative comments on this forum could have been to those players that were selected .Fortunately 5000 people still turned up at short notice to support the team on the day ,the vast majority of whom stayed to the last moment and were rewarded with an excellent try by a team that did not give up until the last possible second .Unfair criticism lingers and undermines morale.

MESSAGES->author
Re: I am sorry....
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 12:40
I am also sorry Solly felt the need to justify his team, he is DOR and its up to him to make the selections based on what is best for the club. In an ideal world Worcester would win every game and I would be married at Claudia Schiffer but the world is far from ideal and certainly not perfect.

While I don't think any players read this forum and I think its entirely fine for people to express an opinion on the club even if negative there is absolutely no reason for Solly to explain his team selection thats for sure.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 14:34
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
While I don't think any players read this forum .....

Not so sure myself WBW, otherwise why would Darren Barry feel the need to post on Twatter in reaction to negative comments ??

Whether or not they SHOULD bother to read social media comments made by self appointed experts is debatable.

It's one thing to criticise a team (or maybe an individual) for a bad performance, surely it will only serve to undermine confidence if the criticism is made in the run up to the match.

For me, every contracted player, member of management team, and us supporters ARE Worcester Warriors !!! We've all got our part to play ......

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 15:54
There’s a world of difference between this forum and the other 2 places WBW.

Criticism of players and management on here is generally well argued, and balancing views are usually offered.

The fbk group and Twitter are significantly different. I have been reading the fbk page occasionally, but never comment, and 2 days ago after the latest bout of juvenile, ill-informed and totally uninteresting rubbish I deleted the link from my fbk group list.

I don’t do Twitter, but I know a man who does, and hear enough to convince me that I’m probably happy to stay un-twittered.

And some players, and management, do read this forum......for certain.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:09
Quote:
Latecomer
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
While I don't think any players read this forum .....

Not so sure myself WBW, otherwise why would Darren Barry feel the need to post on Twatter in reaction to negative comments ??

Um he read them on twitter as people were tweeting the WN reporter furiously who decided to retweet them, based on the fact many of the players follow him thats how they were seen.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:06
Not here!

It was all on Twitter and FB, gets nasty over there. They are out of control, needs some wrist slaping or maybe even close the page.(if thats what you do)

JP

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:19
Whilst it is true that that place went ferrel some time ago, and is populated by a bunch of know nothings that think they know everything - the angriest kind of person - I am not sure that censorship is the answer unless they are being actively offensive.

I agree it is irritating to see some fat bottom who does nothing but sit on said fat bottom drinking beer deride a team as 'insert profanity here' because they don't win 50 nil every week.

But contrary to popular opinion, I don't think you can justify silencing someone on the strength of it smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 19:05
Nobody is suggesting they need censoring or controlling in any way.

Just don’t read it, simples!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 23:03
The joy of FaceTwat is you don't need to write anything even approaching a coherent sentence, just a handful of poorly spelt vitriolic nonsense will suffice.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 23:12
Quote:
Fiver
The joy of FaceTwat is you don't need to write anything even approaching a coherent sentence, just a handful of poorly spelt vitriolic nonsense will suffice.
Indeed. Nobody ever picks up anyone on spelling or punctuation

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 23:12
Quote:
Fiver

Spelt....,?

Spelled

But we know what you mean.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 06:24
Quote:
Fiver

'ello - we have found a word that the sportnetwork profanity hamsters don't know!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 08:02
Ahem, can I claim a retrospective attempt at irony?

No?

Anyone help me out here?

It was after cocoa time when I wrote my comment.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 08:43
It looks like the opposite Ted - should be spelt (UK) and not spelled (US)

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:19
Quote:
centrethere

The Americans though have recently taken to spelt - it is high in protein and makes an interesting Saison style beer.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:20
Quote:
centrethere

I was taught that with “spelt” having another meaning, (although how would confusion arise?) that “spelled” was preferable.

Online dictionaries now seem to acknowledge the acceptability of either, and some do mention the US origins of the ed version, so my apologies to Sir Fiver!

My grammar school teacher of English became famous for being locked up in Moscow for trying to sell 5 pairs of Levi Jeans on a school trip. So I’ll blame him.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 11:11
So, am I out of Jankers?

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:23
Spelt is perfect.

According to most good food guides.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 22:28
Yes eat spelt and rye bread

but see 'Aftermath of Sarries game' thread for those who think the selection was wrong -and as added to the existing reasons / injuries AS gave

hairyicecream
wusstawizard (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 22:44
Quote:
TeflonTed
Criticism of players and management on here is generally well argued, and balancing views are usually offered.

(Sm22)

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 09:23
Quote:
wusstawizard
Quote:
TeflonTed

(Sm22)

Well, compared to the tripe on fbk it is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net