rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Warrior15
Jono Kitto
Warrior15 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 14:07
Jono Kitto becomes Warriorsís third signing. The scrum half had two appearances for the warriors last season as injury cover.

[warriors.co.uk]

Worcester Way
Re: Jono Kitto
Worcester Way (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 14:15
Pleased with that one, I think thereís a good player there. Considering we currently have Hougaard, Heeney, Arr and Baldwin I would expect two to depart?

B-road
11 February, 2019 14:20
Quote:
Worcester Way
Pleased with that one, I think thereís a good player there. Considering we currently have Hougaard, Heeney, Arr and Baldwin I would expect two to depart?

It's intriguing isn't it, with rumours of FH possibly moving early.

What's the contract situation of the current 4 ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 14:31 by KenDoddsDadsDogsDead.

Worcester Way
11 February, 2019 14:34
Unless we are relegated I really canít see FH going anywhere. Heeney has extended. Arr is out of contract I think and Iím not sure about Baldwin

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 14:37
Think Luke Baldwin signed a 3 year contract before the start of this season, but he has been rather injury prone so who knows ............

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 14:38
Balders extended his contract this time last year but it doesn't say for how long..

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

ceb17
ceb17 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 15:06
He's a link to the article where Baldwin talks about it being a 3 year deal
[www.bbc.co.uk]

ceb17
ceb17 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 15:06
He's a link to the article where Baldwin talks about it being a 3 year deal
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 15:12
Welcome back Jono 1.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 15:14
My guess would be Jonny Arr, but Baldwin just does not seem to get selected so who knows.

ceb17
ceb17 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 15:29
Never really understood why Baldwin doesn't get more of a look in. He's always played well when he has had the opportunity.

Either way, with Kitto returning there is healthy competition for places at 9.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:11
Adds fuel to my Arr retirement talk. Happy to see Jono back at the Warriors thought he made a good impact when he was here previously

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:25
we still need a lot more strenght in the forwards. but signings so far seem be be good

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:38
Baldwin was in the warm up on Friday.Presumably he is close to a return to playing? I think Jonny may be the one to go. After two good games he didn't fare to well on Friday.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:49
This gives me concerns over Hougaard

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:53
Welcome back Jono. Now we need to sign Ross from Sale to have a hat trick of Jonos at 8, 9 and 10.

So far, that's three premiership quality signings, but no superstars, which seems sensible. Its also nice to see that two of the three have been previously affiliated with the club and have returned.

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 18:23
Quote:
Faithful_City

FWIW, I agree.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:33
Bearing in mind Baldwin hasn't had a look in under Solly, perhaps he & the club have 'come to an arrangement'?

SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 22:15
How about Dorian Jones coming back too!

Worcester Way
11 February, 2019 22:22
It might bite me on the backside but I donít share the concerns over Hougaard.

For what itís worth o really liked Dorian Jones when he was here

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 07:23
Quote:
Faithful_City

Why exactly? IMO Jono has been brought in to give FH a challenge that the others are currently doing.

I don't believe FH is going anywhere. Arr and Baldwin are different stories though.

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 08:36
If Hougaard stays - and I hope he does - then it has to be Arr and Baldwin to move on to free up some dosh for more pack players to give us that 'go forward' that we do seem to miss.
If Jack Singleton goes then that has to a prime area for recruitment - but who?

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 08:40
If Hougaard stays - and I hope he does - then it has to be Arr and Baldwin to move on to free up some dosh for more pack players to give us that 'go forward' that we do seem to miss.

MESSAGES->author
12 February, 2019 09:50
Can't see that Kitto is any better than Arr or Baldwin to be honest

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:52
I'm not sure "free dosh" is that much of a problem tbh.

Olivier, Teo, Kirwan, Potgieter all on pretty big pay packets and all (possibly) going.

In my mind, we haven't made any big money signings yet so can't see that having been spent.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:53
Quote:
kiddykid
In an ideal world Dane Coles or Malcolm Marx.
Not quite out of reach as you may think though both wouldn't be available til after the World Cup.

EDIT: Annett,Big Joe and Beck Cutting maybe enough for next season IF Jack departs.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 10:21 by w4rriorz1980.

MESSAGES->author
ARFC Warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 11:09
Quote:
Powick Eastander

+1

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:03
Is there an emerging academy player about to burst on the season just as Hearle and Tonks are likely to do on the wings

JP

MESSAGES->author
Drutz (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:37
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Adds fuel to my Arr retirement talk. Happy to see Jono back at the Warriors thought he made a good impact when he was here previously

As I said on another post, not sure about Jonny retiring but as far as I am aware he's not been offered another contract so could be playing for another team next year, no information on that by the way just seems a bit young to retire. So it would likely be him going as everyone else is under contract. We currently have 4 scrum halves so this would bring the number back up to 4.

Pulling the boots on for one more year

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 14:00
Quote:
Powick Eastander

Agreed. Arr is a Worcester stalwart, over 200 appearances for us and had his testimonial season last year. His form has been good of late, playing well in Europe and coming on in the win against Bath

Kitto on the other hand made 2 sub appearances for us and has been released by both Quins and Leicester. This season he's mainly been on the bench for Northland in the ITM cup, hardly at premiership level.

If we let Jonny go I think this is a really poor decision. If he decides to retire then fair enough but it appears to be the former.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 14:15
Jonny has been a fantastic servant to the club, whatever happens. Perhaps his'style' doesn't fit in with the way Solly wants the team to play and Kitto's does?

Devonianwarrior
Devonianwarrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 14:50
Totally agree with MSR

MESSAGES->author
12 February, 2019 15:43
At least Jonny has played some games, Balders has only played twice this season for a total of 48 mins. seeming he signed a three year contract of which he has two more years it makes you wonder why he hasn't played, given that his is not currently injured.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 19:32
Baldwin does seem a strange case. Maybe he's just not showing it in training.

Regardless of whether or not Kitto is better than Arr, I think it's worth considering how irritating it seems when a player leaves without showing the loyalty some perceive them as owing the club. To shrug shoulders at the idea of someone like Jonny moving on is a little hypocritical if you believe the former.

Not meant as a lecture as I think it's a good reminder for myself too.

Worcester Way
13 February, 2019 07:55
Iíve heard on the grapevine that Annett isnít getting a new deal. So I conclude Jack is either staying on bigger money, or one of our new signings will be a hooker

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 16:49
[youtu.be]

FH on life at 6-ways. Enjoys the club and says playing is his long term vision (or words to that effect). So perhaps he is staying possibly, may be, who knows?!

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 17:07
Club seem to be looking to quash rumours.

If you do that and then it turns out the rumours are true you look foolish - so Ockham's razor demands the easiest solution is to remain quiet if the rumours are true.

So one can deduce that they are not.

Maybe.

Possibly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2019 17:08 by TVM Rides Again.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 17:14
Was it Denton or Spencerís who said the same sort of thing last year?

And we know how that turned out.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 18:16
They were out of contract though. Francois isnít,but we will see. I canít see it to be honest. Heís the most active on Instagram about the club

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 18:25
Yes they were but iirc spencer said he was happy at the club then went for better things at tigers. Denton was offered a new one but only for one season so went for the longer option at tigers.

I suppose the point Iím trying to make is weíve heard players making all the right noises before, but whatís going on behind the scenes is a different matter. I do think FH is quite genuine and hope he doesnít leave. When heís on form our back line really fires and I think he controls the pack really well.

Warrior1988
BromsgroveBeat87 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 21:40
Baldwin is fit and has been for the majority of the season. I guess he's unlucky that Hougaard plays 80 mins in the prem so Arr and Heaney are given the minutes in the cups.

Still one of the best 'characters' in the squad I'm told and a good squad member for morale. Ideally needs one or two injuries to get any game time but I don't think he's a bad player.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 19:42
Kitto is the future now, and will start as 1st choice. Hougaard and Arr will retire. Heaney 2nd, Balders third - but still needs to get his game up

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 13:48
Someone in another post said that FH had bought a new house close to Pershore.I definitely think he will be around next season. Heaney,Kitto and Arr will be next in line ,with Heaney destined to be FH backup.Baldwin needs to find another club.He is a good player when on his game, but, I cannot see him changing the coaches minds between now and the end of the season, barring an injury crisis.
FH has been disappointing in some games, but he does have a depth and breadth of rugby experience that none of the others possess. At present the pecking order for the SA scrum halves in the Premiership is probably Reinach, deKlerk and Hougaard.There is the opportunity to play agains these guys before the end of the season, hopefully FH will step up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net