rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Worcester Way
Sean O達rien
Worcester Way (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 19:39
Signs for London Irish. I tell you what there must be some serious money being chucked about at some of these clubs. I for one am actually liking this seasons recruitment model, which I think is identifying honest pros to fit a role in the side. But seriously the quality of some of these signings people are making is scary.

AJWarriors
Re: Sean O達rien
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 20:01
Their recruitments so far must be the best I致e ever seen from those guys. Absolutely frightening some of their signings,but I知 wondering if they値l end up losing a few to International call ups? Especially the Aussie signings they have made. They値l lose them for a long period of time with the Championship and international window.

As you say with ours we won稚 lose any of them from what I can see so far to any internationals...although I am hoping for a top signing or two though

Warriordad
Warriordad (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 20:28
If we survive this season then we are currently by some way relegation favourites for next year if we are to be brutally honest.

Looking at the fact we are to lose:
- An international winger
- A highly rated and influencing wing in terms of his effect on the team
- An international centre
- A very good back row
- An almost international hooker

Currently what we have signed has not addressed our weakness this year, which is when our pack gets out muscled. We are yet to replace singleton who will not stay and we haven't signed the big ball carriers that we need to really allow this team to play the game they can. By next year it will be too late, the exciting back line we have will have been and gone.

Our recruitment so far is less than inspiring and at present our squad will be worse than it is this year. That shouldn't be the case. Failure to adapt to what the rest of the league is doing and not putting money on the table will only give one outcome.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 20:42
Quote:
Warriordad
If we survive this season then we are currently by some way relegation favourites for next year if we are to be brutally honest.
Looking at the fact we are to lose:
- An international winger
- A highly rated and influencing wing in terms of his effect on the team
- An international centre
- A very good back row
- An almost international hooker

Currently what we have signed has not addressed our weakness this year, which is when our pack gets out muscled. We are yet to replace singleton who will not stay and we haven't signed the big ball carriers that we need to really allow this team to play the game they can. By next year it will be too late, the exciting back line we have will have been and gone.

Our recruitment so far is less than inspiring and at present our squad will be worse than it is this year. That shouldn't be the case. Failure to adapt to what the rest of the league is doing and not putting money on the table will only give one outcome.

With respect, might I ask you to consider that recruitment for next season may not be concluded, that relegation from the Premiership is currently being discussed with a view to it being suspended for a few years and that "putting money on the table" might not necessarily be the best way forward.

That said I am still very much in the "wait and see" group when it comes to the "ambition" of the new owners.

I am also not sure which international centre we will be losing . I take it that the back row you allude to is Kirwan?

Worcester Way
Worcester Way (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:10
I expect T弾o to sign a one year deal to stay so he can go to the World Cup if I知 honest, would any other prem side sign him? I知 not so sure they would to be honest.

I appreciate what you are saying Warriordad but I disagree. Big names don稚 maketh a team, Worcester have signed some huge ones (Remember Reverse Gear anyone?). I can see coherence in Solomans recruitment. I also don稚 think it is anywhere near done and I think bigger players are to come.

We have to be realistic what we are though. We are not a glamour destination. I quite like that. We need to box clever in the transfer market and bring in the right pros with the right values, who fancy working hard as a team and like a challenge.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 22:22
Amazing signing by LI.
He is an amazing player. On his game he is almost unplayable. A beast of a man.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 22:50
A fantastic player, 31 years old but has that "farmers" strength and I'm sure he'll keep going just like DOC did.

Regarding our recruitment, I'm pretty sure Solly said that there are high quality players signed but can't be named yet. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 06:45
I don't wish to rubbish other club's signings, and SOB is a top class back row when fit and firing*. You only need to look at his record for club, country and the Lions to see that. The power that he brings when carrying speaks for itself.

*this would be my only caveat though. He has looked very injury prone for several years and gets looked after very carefully by Leinster because they can afford to. Irish will want him in the side every week.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 07:21
32 yo, very injury prone, no break after WC, 450k pa...

A great player, undoubtedly, but not where I'd wish us to spend our money tbh.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:12
It is a very good signing for London Irish, I would have taken him at Warriors no doubt about it but we are well stocked in the back row for next year as things stand so his impressive salary would be better spent in other areas for us.

Hopefully I get to see him play next year as he is undoubtedly a fantastic player and will be an asset to the league.

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:14
On the face of it a great signing by LI. I find it interesting though as I would have thought that the IRFU would have wanted to have had control of his playing time. LI must have offered sufficiently more money than Leinster for him to make the move. As others have suggested is fitness an issue when required week in week out.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:43
Quote:
shrewsburyman
On the face of it a great signing by LI. I find it interesting though as I would have thought that the IRFU would have wanted to have had control of his playing time. LI must have offered sufficiently more money than Leinster for him to make the move. As others have suggested is fitness an issue when required week in week out.

His contract is up with the IRFU after the World Cup and they do not think given his age and injury record that he is worth a new contract. I think from seeing something on the LI site , he has only played around a dozen on international games in the last 2 years due to injury

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net