rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Second Rows Next Season?
A38 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 08:45
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Hint that Barry and Phillips are leaving.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Second Rows Next Season?
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:11
Convincing article. With Big Kitch leading, and with the pedigree of those youngsters coming through, it sounds sane enough to me,

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:36
Will miss Phillips though.Excellent this season.

Barry has rediscovered some of his old form to.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:45
Never been completely convinced by Barry to be honest. Phillips has real potential, which is a shame.

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:05
Phillips would be a loss in my view.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:17
I like to see the academy lads step up so its a great opportunity for them. Both Barry and Phillips have played well for the Warriors but if we have promising young lads then we have to give them a go.

B-road
12 February, 2019 10:32
Quote:
shrewsburyman
Phillips would be a loss in my view.

Agree with that

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:46
Me too. Every time Iíve seen the younger Kitch play,heís always performed. The problem we have had with the other two,more so Barry is inconsistentcy. One week he will be good and the next two or three really poor.

Its is a position we need consistency in and the last 3 to 4 seasons our line out has been horrific. In the Prem you canít afford to have flashes of form, it needs to be week in week out and thatís the problem weíve had particularly in the forwards.

The backs perform every week as does the front row, itís just the lineout that has been consistently bad and most of the time Barry has been running it.

I think promoting the younger lads is a great thing to do. All of them are 6ft 7 and all they need to do is put some muscle on. All three are either Junior World Cup winners or semi finalists so they have huge potential. We have to start doing what Sarries are doing and utilising their talented youth.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:09
If we as a club want it out there that we develop and promote from within we can only have 3 established locks if we have 3 potential lads coming through.

Who would be my 3 locks to retain

Fatialofa
Kitchener
Bresler

Sad though it is, which 3 would you choose?

JP

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:18
Those 3 are all under contract anyway JP. Barry and Phillips are off contract in the summer

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 13:15
I know but I would choose them anyway.

Phillips is good and has potential but seems to mild mannered for a prem Lock

JP

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 13:34
Yea I agree with that assessment. Our second rows are too ďniceĒ. Bresler looks like heís got a lot of snarl about him and thatís what we need. A Maro Itoje competitiveness or Courtney Lawes menace.

I think hopefully we will get the menace from Kitch next season and competitiveness from Fats

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 14:06
Barry not too bothered if we let go. As others say Phillips has found some form but looks like he may be off to France so c'est la vie.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 14:14
I'd agree on keeping the three JP mentioned, they are definitely our best 3. I guess the club have to decide whether our young lads offer more potential than Phillips.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:00
I think young Kitch is ready

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:23
So far I would also put Fatialofa in potential catagory but have every confidence he is just settling in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net