rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

centrethere
Two players outside the salary cap - who?
centrethere (IP Logged)
21 February, 2019 15:52
For us next season:

Melani Nanai (?) and Ben Te'o (?) and Francois Hougaard (?)

It doesn't matter who - it is just the two highest paid are excluded, if I understand correctly.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Two players outside the salary cap - who?
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
21 February, 2019 15:53
Well Te'o and FH are reportedly our two marquee players this year so FH an MN would make sense.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

hooter
hooter (IP Logged)
21 February, 2019 16:09
Not sure how long a player can stay a marquee player, I presume its for the length of his contract. To become a marquee player they must have been signed from outside the premiership.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
21 February, 2019 16:42
Quote:
hooter
Not sure how long a player can stay a marquee player, I presume its for the length of his contract. To become a marquee player they must have been signed from outside the premiership.

I don't think your last point is correct.

Quote:
Salary Cap Regulations 13.2
(c) A Club shall only be entitled to nominate a Player as their first Excluded Player who:
(i) has been a Player of the Club for at least two full Salary Cap Years prior to the
Salary Cap Year in which he is nominated as the Excluded Player; or
(ii) has not been a Player of any Club during the previous Salary Cap Year, other
than a Player who (A) qualifies under Regulation 3.3(c)(i) or (cool smiley has only
been a Player of a Club during the previous Salary Cap Year as a replacement
for an Injured Player following dispensation under Regulation 5; or
(iii) has been a Player (but not an Excluded Player) for the Club in the previous
Salary Cap Year and was not a Player for any other Club for at least one Salary
Cap Year immediately prior to joining the Club.

(d) A Club shall only be entitled to nominate a Player as a second Excluded Player who:
(i) has not been a Player of any Club during the previous Salary Cap Year; or
(ii) was that Clubs second Excluded Player in the previous Salary Cap Year.

Any club is defined in the Regulations as being a club in the Premiership in the 2018/19 season. That means that the second excluded player must either have been the second excluded player last season or have played last season for a club not in this season's Premiership. The first excluded player could have been with the club for a season or more, however.

The Regulations for next season may be different, which may change who we nominate as excluded players, even if our current excluded players stay with the club.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
21 February, 2019 18:44
Not easy to understand that - does it mean the premiership encourages foreign imports? Odd

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
21 February, 2019 18:44
Teo why??

His contract is up and hopefully wont get a new contract

JP

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
21 February, 2019 19:00
Will Teo stay in rugby union
I can see him going back to RL after the RWC

ExiledChameleon
ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
22 February, 2019 06:03
Quote:
Eternal optimist

He'll go where the money is (and there's nothing wrong with that), and as long as he's still getting selected for England squads (and the 25k/game fee) he'll stay in Union.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
22 February, 2019 08:21
But who is going to sign him in England on the money we pay him and get hardly any game time out of him.

After the RWC he will not be in England's plans for the future.

My thoughts are France or Japan.

JP

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2019 08:55
"Salary cap regulations 13.2"

I lost the will to live somewhere around the second line in! (Sm56)

Brummagem Bertie
22 February, 2019 12:32
Quote:
centrethere
Not easy to understand that - does it mean the premiership encourages foreign imports? Odd

Definitely written by a committee of lawyers! (Sm6)

Basically, it means that the first excluded player has to have been a player for the club for at least one season before becoming an excluded player, whilst the second excluded player has to either have been the second excluded player the previous season or be signed from a club other than one that is in Premiership.

I believe that it's not to encourage foreign imports; more to discourage 'poaching' amongst Premiership clubs and the resulting potential for wage inflation.

Brummagem Bertie
22 February, 2019 12:33
Quote:
NW2

Apologies for trying to introduce some facts to the debate rather than relying on half truths and misunderstandings.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
22 February, 2019 15:20
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
NW2

Apologies for trying to introduce some facts to the debate rather than relying on half truths and misunderstandings.

Hmm, I'm never sure if facts have any place on this board (Sm159)

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
22 February, 2019 15:25
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
Quote:
Eternal optimist

He'll go where the money is (and there's nothing wrong with that), and as long as he's still getting selected for England squads (and the 25k/game fee) he'll stay in Union.
I can still see him going to NRL back with his old mate Sam plus be home with his family. He doesnt appear to have much to keep him in this country once the RWC is out of the way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net