rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Pirate of St P's
Season Ticket Introduction Discount
Pirate of St P's (IP Logged)
10 June, 2019 10:46
Have just been conversing with the club on Season Ticket introduction discounts.

We have 2 season tickets which we just allowed to carry on and auto-renewed. Last week, we tried to introduce 2 new season ticket holders to get the discount and were refused.

The reasons are from the T's and C's...

• This offer can only be purchased by visiting the Warriors Ticket Office with completed application forms for yourself and your friend/s.
• This offer can only be redeemed at the time of renewing your 2019/20 Season Ticket and cannot be applied retrospectively.

The first one would be difficult as I work away from Worcester but manageable at a push.
The second one I really don't like. Basically, they want my business secured as early as possible and set an auto-renew date 4-5 months before the start of the season. I now get no benefit from trying to introduce additional season ticket holders.

I fully accept that it's in the T's and C's and I should have read them more carefully.

Just wanted to make others aware - if you're trying to get others to join and you've already renewed - please carry on as the more the merrier but do it in the knowledge that you will not get a discount on your ticket.

BantamWarrior
Re: Season Ticket Introduction Discount
BantamWarrior (IP Logged)
10 June, 2019 19:03
As much as I do like Worcester and hate to be critical of the club I do think that this is unfair treatment of loyal supporters. It should not be the case that those who are automatically renewed by the club and who therefore provide much needed certainty and cashflow are penalised for doing so.

I suspect that this is more likely to be a case of "Computer Says No" as I imagine it is practically difficult to change a processed Direct Debit, however I do hope that the club realises that this is not a fair way to treat its fans and reconsiders.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 June, 2019 19:14
Oh come on....”penalised” because someone else might take advantage of an introductory offer?

I presume you don’t fly Ryanair!!

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2019 11:17
It seems a rather petty attitude by the club.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2019 12:14
I suspect that this is simply an unintended consequence of automatic renewals.

It flies against the logic of the introduction discounts and as a result there is an apparent clash between the commercial decision to offer the discounts and the needs of the direct debit system where no provision for discounts has been written in.

The club may very well be technically right to sit behind the T&Cs but it needs a commercially based managerial decision to override this and have the software rewritten / amended.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
12 June, 2019 10:32
Unfortunately this is not the first year that this has happened. I am pretty sure there was a similar issue last time the discount was offered. Early bird takers got an unpleasant shock when they tried to introduce a new season ticket holder.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Mongrel Bob
Mongrel Bob (IP Logged)
13 June, 2019 07:10
Quote:
BantamWarrior
It should not be the case that those who are automatically renewed by the club and who therefore provide much needed certainty and cashflow are penalised for doing so.

Quite agree. I became a season ticket holder several years ago when I was 'introduced'. My 'introducer' (for want of a better word) passed the discount on to me in the hope that I'd enjoy it and get hooked (I did). I'd like to think I'd have the chance to do the same and bring new support to the Warriors.
I've just been automatically renewed for 2019-2020, but I reckon I'll take steps to make sure that next year (and succeeding years) that doesn't happen.
This particular 'T & C' is simply counter-productive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net